Thread: Loans

User Info Menu

Default Loans

This guy i know. He is a friend of my friends family. He loves my drumming and use to come watch my bands play live through tafe and whatnot. He thinks im awesome and said if i need help with money for a kit. He would lone me the money?

What do you guys think about loning money for the td20 from this guy? He is serious and i wouldnt screw him around. But it is 10 grand. My friend says he would be good for it and genuinly happy to help us out.
    Roland TD 30KV
    Gretsch Birch Catalina Wine red.
    Paiste PST5's
    Paiste Alpha Paiste Dark Energy
    Gibraltar Hardware Pearl 2002c Eliminator

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters

User Info Menu

I'm not a big fan of this type of thing. Especially with such a large amount of money. Whatever you do, make sure you have the ability to pay him back. Also, get "everything" in writing.

User Info Menu

I wouldnt like to be in that much debt to a priveate person who is not a member of my family. Why not ask for a really small loan and buy a cheap kit to practice on?

User Info Menu

I'm with Drummer, on this one. Getting a loan from this man would put you in debt to him, and you don't know enough about him to know what that would mean to you. Essentially, he owns you until you pay him back. he might be the nicest guy in the world, but he might also be using that to take advantage of you. Until you know for sure, you should not do this deal! if you do know that he can be trusted, the only way to make sure that there are no problems in the future, is to get everything in writing. Otherwise, he could ask for all his money back at anytime, and if you cannot give it to him, he could demand your drums.

I see a possible upside, but even more dangers! I know it's hard to come on here and see others getting the things they want, while you are not able to do the same, but I think this might be a time when you have to exercise a bit more patience. Sorry!
    Last edited by pastor_bob; 09-17-2007 at 02:40 PM.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

if his name is big tony, and is he italian, with a crew around him always dressed in suits, Just say NO

User Info Menu

No its martain and he is really cool . I think he would be cool with saying he owns it until i save 10grand to pay him back actually.

Infact, He would prolly be fine with me waiting and paying him in 1000$ installments untill its done
    Roland TD 30KV
    Paiste PST5's

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters

User Info Menu

oh one thing to think about too. Martain is a lonely person. His family has left him his wife left him. His daughter he didnt know existed lives in dutchland. And he does nothing but work and go shooting. He loves me. He thinks im drum lord which is crazy. He hates my parents before meeting them because they wouldnt lone me money :P

He prolly has heaps saved up with nothing to do with it. I would tak to him about all this too.
    Roland TD 30KV
    Paiste PST5's

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters

User Info Menu

lets see...10k loan from a gun hobbyist with nothing to lose.....nah.

User Info Menu

Lol Seriously, though, Stevo, just keep in mind that although we cannot know your circumstances completely, I think we all see danger in this. Please be careful, and think this trough carefully!
    Last edited by pastor_bob; 09-18-2007 at 10:56 AM.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

its kewl i understand why everyone says that.

Just imagine your uncle offering you money because he loves to hear you drum, Its exactly what its like.
    Roland TD 30KV
    Paiste PST5's

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters