Thread: Just want to say thanks.

User Info Menu

Default Just want to say thanks.

A few of you have been notifying me of some suspicious activity in here, not to mention some unnacceptable behavior. I just wanted to say thank you. As the forum grows, it becomes increasingly harder to moderate with just the two of us. Especially since I do the majority of it.

So thanks! Any way that you guys can assist helps all of us in the long run and it guarantees the decency and integrity of this website. If anyone ever sees anything unnaceptable or even questionable, please Private Message (PM) me.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    A few of you have been notifying me of some suspicious activity in here, not to mention some unnacceptable behavior. I just wanted to say thank you. As the forum grows, it becomes increasingly harder to moderate with just the two of us. Especially since I do the majority of it.

So thanks! Any way that you guys can assist helps all of us in the long run and it guarantees the decency and integrity of this website. If anyone ever sees anything unnaceptable or even questionable, please Private Message (PM) me.
    You're most welcome Tom

User Info Menu

You know, speaking of suspicious activity, I did see a couple of members in the shoutbox speaking Turkish with the subject of "Will Ferrel" as their only english lol. Then again, those crazy Turks could have mistaken Will Ferrel and Chad Smith as I thought you were Tom from MySpace lol.
    I like this website, it doesn't need people who just want to lurk around, post one thing about a subject and then not come back.
    www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy

User Info Menu

I am Tom from MySpace. What, you didn't know?

Seriously, If you ever see that kind of thing, let me know. Just drop me a quick PM with their user name.

User Info Menu

Exclamation Just want to say thanks.

Tom--

Will do, bro'...also noticed a private message in my inbox tonight from a dude whom I did NOT recognize as a DrumChatter...somebody from Senegal who had 300 djembes to sell and wanted to know if I would be his agent. I promptly deleted the message, but I noticed his "member" name was dembo...

If I ever sold drums, I'd work for someone I know...this dude I didn't know from Adam!

Sounds like the scam where some royalty from Africa/Europe/the Middle East died and has no immediate relatives and he has $8/12/67/283 billion in U.S. funds socked away somewhere and he trusts you (and ONLY you) enough to help get the money safely into his pocket--uh, I mean out of the U. S. bank in which it's stored, but you have to put up "good faith money."

Watch out for this dude!
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

THanks for maintaining the site tom! and Bongobro there are alot of scammers like that in almost every website, so good job ignoring the scam
    Paiste Posse
    14inch 2002 series Sound Edge Hi-hats
    16inch and 18inch Signature series Fast crashes
    20inch 3000 series Ride
    18inch PST5 series China

Pearl Forum Series drum set
    Pearl Chad Smith Signature snare(steel shell)
    Tama Iron Cobra Chrome

RIP Frank - You will be remembered

User Info Menu

thanks for all you do tom
    play till the day i die. it makes more sense that way.

"You should set up your drums around the toilet. You know you must use it everyday and lets be realistic, nothing better is going on when your sitting on there. Why not take care of business and play the drums." silver dragon sound

User Info Menu

Amen, DD. Tom, you do a great job of keeping this a great place to be. You are a suuuuper moderator (I bet you even leap tall buildings in your spare time)!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

THanks guys, we already deleted the djembe spammer, thanks to someone letting us know that he was working through PM's.

And no BB, I don't have time to leap tall buildings... I'm busy enough as a rocket scientist, brain surgeon, drummer, and forum moderator.

User Info Menu

Lol
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

User Info Menu

I like SPAM - it makes me feel important.
    "What consumes your mind, controls your life" - So, what consumes your mind?

User Info Menu

Love that bit!!

User Info Menu

You can't have egg bacon spam and sausage without the spam.

Lovely spam! Wonderful spam!

Shut Up! Bloody Vikings!

User Info Menu

thanks drummer, best adim ever!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lafirin View Post
    thanks drummer, best adim ever!
    I second that!