Thread: Tama

User Info Menu

Default Tama

I did some checking around today and I seen a set of Tama imperial star
    and a set of tama super star

The super star ws 899 which included hardware and the imperial star was
    699 including all hardware.

I was just wondering if anyone had any opinions on either of these sets.

Allan

User Info Menu

If it's a choice between those two, I would choose the Superstar, because it is an intermediate set, as opposed to the Imperial Star, which is a beginner set. You would be able to see a difference in the quality of the hardware on the two sets, as well as other quality enhancements on the Superstar. If you are serious about your drumming, go with the intermdiate, Superstar, kit. The "intermediate level" kits are also called the "student level" kits for a good reason. They are simply a better quality for the serious student drummer.

Just out of curiosity, (1) are you able to go to a local music store to check out the kits that you are considering, and (2) why are you focusing on the Tama kits when there are other quality kits that have a lower price tag? Allan, everyone has their reasons, so I'm just asking.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

I just got back from the music store and I purchased the Tama supstar set ,Bronze colored.
    I believe I got a good deal.
    I paid 800..tax and all and the kit is new and it includes all hardware,it doesnt include any cymbals,That will have to wait a few weeks ,my instructor said that would be ok.

I take my first lesson next friday.

Im ready to go and very excited

User Info Menu

Cool Aunkster! Sounds like you did well! Congrats on the new kit. Now we'll expects you to post pics of it on the "Show Us Your Drums" thread, so that you can show it off, and we can all ooh and ah for you! It is cool to be able to see each other's kits. It's inspiring.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

cool man, congrats. the superstar will do you well for many years till you are in need of a higher end kit. tama has always had good build quality.

User Info Menu

another newborn drummer! congrats on the cool kit!
    Paiste Posse
    14inch 2002 series Sound Edge Hi-hats
    16inch and 18inch Signature series Fast crashes
    20inch 3000 series Ride
    18inch PST5 series China

Pearl Forum Series drum set
    Pearl Chad Smith Signature snare(steel shell)
    Tama Iron Cobra Chrome

RIP Frank - You will be remembered

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by aunkster View Post
    I just got back from the music store and I purchased the Tama supstar set ,Bronze colored.
    I believe I got a good deal.
    I paid 800..tax and all and the kit is new and it includes all hardware,it doesnt include any cymbals,That will have to wait a few weeks ,my instructor said that would be ok.

I take my first lesson next friday.

Im ready to go and very excited
    Ya show us rockin your new kit. Blessings........