Thread: Single tear

User Info Menu

Unhappy Single tear

ok im in serious need of adivice my best friend and i were supposed to start a band but she`s not serious about the guitar she`s like stu sutcliffie with the bass (u know the beatles) just there for the ride but she`s annoying me with her excuses oh i lost my guitar my fingers hurt shes never even practiced for more than 5 minutes the band doesnt even exist yet and we`re having problems what should i do
    Oh tell me where your freedom lies
    The street are fields that never die.
    Deliver me from reasons why
    You`d rather cry
    I`d rather fly.

User Info Menu

She has to want to be part of what you are looking to build. Once you start to find other musicians that are more interested in starting a band as you are she will come around. At this time you are the only one putting the energy into making the band happen. Once she gets the feeling that she could be left out of the loop and you won't have the time to hang out with her if your practicing for the band or you start practing with others. I think that she will come around and want to get more involved. Then the ball is in your court and she will practice more to keep up with the rest of you. Good Luck.

User Info Menu

drop her .. not to be mean or any thing but i would we had trouble like that with our bass players they'd either wanna run the show or not practice or never even show up for practice... til we recruited my little bro..but hey timer's advice is good just depends on the effect you want which path you'll choose G' luck to ya
    PRACTICE SAFE BANGING!!! play drums! My Pearl Session Kit

User Info Menu

thanx guys but now i`m more confused
    You`d rather cry
    I`d rather fly.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chiko
    drop her .. not to be mean or any thing but i would we had trouble like that with our bass players they'd either wanna run the show or not practice or never even show up for practice... til we recruited my little bro..but hey timer's advice is good just depends on the effect you want which path you'll choose G' luck to ya

i totally agree
    im mean not to be mean, but if your serious about starting a band, just tell her shes not what your looking for.
    Find new musicians. Ill play guitar 4 u!! lol jk
    unless u live near where i live... then i seriously will & my sister plays bass... there u go!!! ur already set for a band!
    lol just kidding
    -Leslie (aka Lezzle..)

If in any way I show signs of stupidity or lack of intellegence, this is why:

Blond + Drummer =

User Info Menu

Yea totally tell her 2 gt lost!

User Info Menu

Default Single tear

I agree with timer that if you and she are the only two in the band at this point, you need to find some other musicians. When she sees you and your other bandmates getting serious, either of two things will happen--she will get serious or she'll get outta Dodge.

If it's any consolation, Mojo, there are stylers and profilers in every age range--and they get shaken out sooner or later.

keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

The main thing is try not to get down...whatever you do just don't expect anything out of her....you can't force someone to do something that they don't want to do... be her friend but be on the lookout for a replacement

User Info Menu

thanx everyone things have seemed to resolved themselves the univirse is in my favor i`ll keep u posted on the band or lack there of (man don`t i sound smart)
    You`d rather cry
    I`d rather fly.