Thread: hi hats

User Info Menu

Default hi hats

currently looking for new hi hat i here the pearl eliminator is pne of the best
    could anybody advice me on some of the best hi hat hardware

User Info Menu

I'm still stoked on DW hardware.......I have a 2 leg stand (5500) that swivels. I play a double pedal so it really helps not having a 3rd leg get in the way. There's 3 leg stands that swivel as well. Here's the link if you're interested. Blessings........

http://www.dwdrums.com/hardware/

User Info Menu

I agree with Middleman. I think DW makes the best quality hardware for everything unless your shooting for something like Axis or Trick pedals.
    www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy

User Info Menu

I know DW hardware is hard to beat, but I have a smaller budget, especially since I am trying to upgrade my cymbals, so I have looked at the PDP 900 series hardware. I bought the hi-hat stand, and I've been very happy with that decision. It is very sturdy, has a memory lock, has rotating tripod legs, has a tension adjustment for the pedal, and the clutch is rock solid - the top cymbal stays right where I put it.

I think the PDP 900 series hardware give good bang for the buck, but if you're looking for top end stuff, then go for the DW.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

I have the Pearl Eliminator hi-hat and it works very well. The legs do swivel, so my Eliminator double pedal set-up fits in really well. A DW drop clutch on top and life is grand!
    Da' Bum
    Rockin' the beat for fadedblue
    Keepin' time for Andy Harrison & the AOP
    http://www.facebook.com/fadedbluemusic
    DW Performance 5 pc. in White Marine Pearl
    1972 Pearl Deluxe Custom 5 pc. in blue sparkle
    KAT KT-3
    Paiste cymbals
    Gibraltar hardware
    Axis pedals
    Vic Firth sticks
    Evans heads

User Info Menu

i havnt played the dw9000, but own two dif dw5000 hat stands. one standard 2 leg. and another with attatched left kick/cowbell pedal. the one with the accesory pedal is not the best design and the accesory part broke fairly quickly. the hi hat action however is the best i have ever played on both.