Thread: Grrrr -.-

User Info Menu

Default Grrrr -.-

Ok, i need some help guys, i just cracked my crash cymbal, 14 in ZHT fast crash, but anyway

Its not that bad right now, but, id like to get a new cymbal before it comes to bad and i cant play the set, anyway

Ive got a ZBT crash ride (18) that i can probably move over to my crash, does anyone have a suggestion of a good ride cymbal for about 140? I can possibly get more, but im also in need of sticks, anyway, anyone help me out? Thanks

User Info Menu

If its a vertical crack, like going towards the centre of your cymbal, just drill the top of the crack. It will stop it spreading any further, and you'll still be able to play it while you save for another cymbal.

If its a circular crack, you may be able to find someone to cut it down. If you ask around the metalworkers in your local town, you might find someone who'll do it for you.

Like a crack in your cymbal will stop you playing it. I should put up some pics of my crash cymbal at the moment. Sounds like I'm hitting a tin can, it's cracked so badly.

HB58
    My Kit: Pearl Session Custom 7 Piece w/ Zildjian Cymbals
    My Band: Lead Redemption
    Current Favourite Band: Necrophagist
    Current Favourite Song: To Rid The Disease - Opeth
    Next purchase: Pearl 18"x16" Floor Tom, Zildjian A Custom Crash

Rudiments?

User Info Menu

Bingo!.........well put Hells Bells.

User Info Menu

well, it goes about a half inch in vertically, then cuts horizontally

User Info Menu

How'd you manage to get a crack like that?
    If you want a good sounding cymbal for around your budget, I suggest the Paiste Alphas. They have to be some of the best sounding low price cymbals I've ever heard, as well as A Customs.
    www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy

User Info Menu

I really dont know 32nd, i was just playing a song, and it wasnt even a hard song, i think it was war pigs, and then i went to choke my cymbal for some reason, and it was spinning as i let it go, so i look over, and i see something on the edge, thats ruining the reflection, i stop, grab it, curse (apparently really loud because my parents yelled at me) and yea, im thinking about trying to be a really nice boy and asking for 100 dolalrs, then pick up a 21 in raw bell AA ride or a HH raw bell ride, then id be set for a good bit

User Info Menu

Haha, I've tried that whole nice boy thing before. Doesn't work out to well in my favor most of the time lol.
    That sounds just like what happened to my Wuhan, it's a really terribly crappy feeling when you see a piece of your instrument destroyed, isn't it? I'm not too familiar with the feel of ZHT's or ZBT's so I can't really help you out :( But i do hope all goes well for you with whatever new product you choose and that you have a LONG fun time with it.
    www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy

User Info Menu

Yea, i mean, im sure i could get away with a paiste alpha ride, for 175 dollars, but i mean, they dont go with anything aside from paistes, and ive really wanted the raw bell ride

Ill have to go to guitar center, they always have like extra clearance cymbals at my local one where their trying to clean inventory, i saw the raw bell for 165 there the one day because somehow they ordered to many, and had like 13 instead of 3

User Info Menu

man, if you can come off with enuff cash that hh rbr is one baddass cymbal.

User Info Menu

Oh yea, i got online, and looked at the HH raw bell ride again, and, it went up 120 bucks for some reason, i dont know how, i had it written down before, it was 220, now its 340

That was just like their AA and AAX cymbal packs raising price, grrr

Oh well, the AA raw bell ride is still 240, maybe if im a good boyy i can get that before my crash is more like a spiral

User Info Menu

the aa rbr is awesome too, the 22" is very much like my paragon ride.

User Info Menu

oh.. so thats why my cymbal crack kept spreading when iu drilled a hole in it.. it was a horizontal crack. i still use that cymbal, and HB.. mine sounds like a tin can too and 50% of the "loudness" is gone too :P