Thread: Joan Jett (Unvarnished)

User Info Menu

Default Joan Jett (Unvarnished)

Great Album with some catchy songs. Lil blurp from Rolling Stone,,,

The singer and guitarist says it's the most autobiographical work she's done, with songs about the death of her parents and about topics including the victims of Hurricane Sandy and the modern tendency to overshare online

User Info Menu

Default Re: Joan Jett (Unvarnished)

Saw Joan in concert back in Aug. She played maybe 6 songs from the album. I thought it wasn't the smartest choice since no one had heard them before. However, I did think they sounded pretty good.
    Last edited by angus242; 11-03-2013 at 11:24 AM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by angus242 View Post
    Saw Joan in concert back in Aug. She played maybe 6 songs from the album. I thought it wasn't the smartest choice since no one had heard them before. However, I did think they sounded pretty good.
    Ha she did the same thing when I saw her in July, it was a fun night and I liked all the songs shep played from the new album!!

User Info Menu

I may have to check this album out. I love JJ, always have. Just grungy dirty rock and roll.
    Dave

Frank "Fiacovaz" Iacovazzi
    RIP my friend

Proud member of "PHROGGES AQUARIAN ARMY"

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgkikker View Post
    I may have to check this album out. I love JJ, always have. Just grungy dirty rock and roll.
    +1...............she's not very pretty in the traditional way, but man, she is hot!

The Crimson and Clover cover video she did......................wow

User Info Menu

Got the album. Pretty good stuff I must say. Been working on Any Weather. Maight see if the band wants to give it a go.
    Dave

Frank "Fiacovaz" Iacovazzi
    RIP my friend

Proud member of "PHROGGES AQUARIAN ARMY"

User Info Menu

I am gonna get this album, just saw her on guitar center sessions and she was awesome..couple of the new songs were pretty nice too and I am looking forward to playing along to alot of em, love the tom heavy sound.. Thommy Price is awesome
    Last edited by MDK; 01-03-2014 at 09:00 PM.
    Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by machinedrumkelly View Post
    I am gonna get this album, just saw her on guitar center sessions and she was awesome..couple of the new songs were pretty nice too and I am looking forward to playing along to alot of em, love the tom heavy sound.
    You'll dig it.... I do