Drum Domains
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Joan Jett (Unvarnished)

  1. #1

    User Info Menu

    Default Joan Jett (Unvarnished)

    Great Album with some catchy songs. Lil blurp from Rolling Stone,,,

    The singer and guitarist says it's the most autobiographical work she's done, with songs about the death of her parents and about topics including the victims of Hurricane Sandy and the modern tendency to overshare online

  2. #2

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Joan Jett (Unvarnished)

    Saw Joan in concert back in Aug. She played maybe 6 songs from the album. I thought it wasn't the smartest choice since no one had heard them before. However, I did think they sounded pretty good.
    Last edited by angus242; 11-03-2013 at 11:24 AM.

  3. #3

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Joan Jett (Unvarnished)

    Quote Originally Posted by angus242 View Post
    Saw Joan in concert back in Aug. She played maybe 6 songs from the album. I thought it wasn't the smartest choice since no one had heard them before. However, I did think they sounded pretty good.
    Ha she did the same thing when I saw her in July, it was a fun night and I liked all the songs shep played from the new album!!

  4. #4

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Joan Jett (Unvarnished)

    I may have to check this album out. I love JJ, always have. Just grungy dirty rock and roll.
    Dave


    Frank "Fiacovaz" Iacovazzi
    RIP my friend


    Proud member of "PHROGGES AQUARIAN ARMY"

  5. #5

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Joan Jett (Unvarnished)

    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgkikker View Post
    I may have to check this album out. I love JJ, always have. Just grungy dirty rock and roll.
    +1...............she's not very pretty in the traditional way, but man, she is hot!

    The Crimson and Clover cover video she did......................wow

  6. #6

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Joan Jett (Unvarnished)

    Got the album. Pretty good stuff I must say. Been working on Any Weather. Maight see if the band wants to give it a go.
    Dave


    Frank "Fiacovaz" Iacovazzi
    RIP my friend


    Proud member of "PHROGGES AQUARIAN ARMY"

  7. #7

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Joan Jett (Unvarnished)

    I am gonna get this album, just saw her on guitar center sessions and she was awesome..couple of the new songs were pretty nice too and I am looking forward to playing along to alot of em, love the tom heavy sound.. Thommy Price is awesome
    Last edited by MDK; 01-03-2014 at 09:00 PM.
    Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,12x9,16x16

    Crush Sublime Birch 22x16, 12x8, 16x14

    Sabian HHX 21" ride and AAX crashes, Zildjian 14" K hybrid hats

    Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

    http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

  8. #8

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Joan Jett (Unvarnished)

    Quote Originally Posted by machinedrumkelly View Post
    I am gonna get this album, just saw her on guitar center sessions and she was awesome..couple of the new songs were pretty nice too and I am looking forward to playing along to alot of em, love the tom heavy sound.
    You'll dig it.... I do

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •