Thread: instruction. videos? tapes? what?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

User Info Menu

Unhappy instruction. videos? tapes? what?

i realized to day that not only do i not know how to do one but i dont even know what a parradiddle is but i cant get lessons because all the teachers ive seen said that my playing is advanced enugh to get around the bassics and still manage to play diffucult beats well . but it sorta feels like im running when i dont know how to walk . can anyone recomend an instructional video that will teach me the bassic rudaments? or a tape or anything?
    play till the day i die. it makes more sense that way.

"You should set up your drums around the toilet. You know you must use it everyday and lets be realistic, nothing better is going on when your sitting on there. Why not take care of business and play the drums." silver dragon sound

User Info Menu

DrumRudiments.com - Free Videos for all the rudiments. Won't cost you a dime! Just click on paradiddle.

By the way, I'm a teacher and I would never tell a student what you just said these guys said. You don't "get around the basics". The basics are the fundamentals. The foundation of the house you're building on. Without a strong foundation, you have a weak house.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    DrumRudiments.com - Free Videos for all the rudiments. Won't cost you a dime! Just click on paradiddle.

By the way, I'm a teacher and I would never tell a student what you just said these guys said. You don't "get around the basics". The basics are the fundamentals. The foundation of the house you're building on. Without a strong foundation, you have a weak house.
    Hey thanks for that site I just checked it. I like the quality of the video! I need to freshen up on some of my rudiments as well.......blessings.......

User Info Menu

the rudiment thread - if i remember right there is a link to website where they have posted a heap of videos of the "40 Basic Rudiments". Also go onto youtube and look up Derrick Pope, subscribe to his videos as he posts instructional videos, covering things like sticking techniques, single and double kick techniques etc... They're my suggestions anyway
    "What consumes your mind, controls your life" - So, what consumes your mind?

User Info Menu

my thought exactly.
    but then again the only guy whos been teaching for more than a year hear if four hours away. witch could amount to it

"You should set up your drums around the toilet. You know you must use it everyday and lets be realistic, nothing better is going on when your sitting on there. Why not take care of business and play the drums." silver dragon sound

User Info Menu

oh and thanks guy

User Info Menu

DD, here is the Vic Firth website. You can hear the rudiments in an audio file, or you can see and hear it in a video file. Pretty cool site for rudiments.

http://www.vicfirth.com/education/rudiments.html
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

i now sorta understand what they ment i can allready do al these i just didnt know i could or called them different things but the parradidle and drag are brand new to me thank you guys. im gonna have to add these into my pratcice from now on. and again thank you

User Info Menu

We're here for ya, dude!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

btw the paradiddle sounds realy cool if you switch the right hand to a rim click, or have your right foot play the right hand part and though in 16th notes on the ride. it makes a killer grove, but im sloww at it. so0 its not as cool as it could be.

User Info Menu

i dont even know what a parradiddle is
    AHHHHH BURN HIM, HE BE A WITCH. Im only kiddin with ya davie. The site drummer mentioned is great. I lived with a practice pad and sticks for almost nine months and that website was probably my main source for learning rudiments. During that time I was having drum lessons on a kit aswell, but I DEFIANETLY ( note the capitals for emphasis) would recommend using these websites.
    Hope I could help,
    Jimbo
    jimbolimbo99 Mapex Mafia

Mapex M Birch
    Sabian AA and Paragons
    Zildjian A's
    Meinl Generation X
    Dream Lion
    Trick Pro-1V

My band

My Kit

User Info Menu

you guys helped me alot hear. ive made about twenty new groves useing these rudaments and my normal stuff is a lot better already, thank you so much.