Thread: china cymbals

User Info Menu

Default china cymbals

Looking to get a china cymbal I'm thinking 16" or 18" I was thinking zildjian but I'm open to suggestions what me hear what you think. There might already be a thread for this but I need to send a private message so I need to get 25 post.

User Info Menu

Default Re: china cymbals

Wuhan loud and trashy everything a china should be!

User Info Menu

have you thought about an EFX? i have the Zildjian EFX 18" it's a mix of cymbal and china.
    Have you got you're ticket for the rock train? You gotta earn that Ticket!!

Premier Genista - Pearl Masters - Primus custom snare - Zildjian A Custom- DW 5000 pedal - Zildjian Zack Starkey sticks

I play lead Drums

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dabdrums View Post
    Looking to get a china cymbal I'm thinking 16" or 18" I was thinking zildjian but I'm open to suggestions what me hear what you think. There might already be a thread for this but I need to send a private message so I need to get 25 post.
    When it comes to China's I have found over my 38 years playing that you don't always have to spend big bucks to get the sound you are looking for. If you want a real trashy sound with a quick decay check out the 18" Wuhans, $55.00 will get you one. If you want a very nice china sound with a bit longer decay look into the Kasza R Series china's, these sound fantastic, I am actually replacing my Wuhans with them, they can be had for right around $112.00 for an 18".

User Info Menu

What do you prefer, loud and trashy or articulate and musical? Loud and trashy is Wuhan territory. Cheap, loud and obnoxious. Musical, bright, and articulate go with a 19" Paragon China. A refined china. Other than those, I haven't experienced any other china first hand.
    Custom Classic Pro Maple 6
    8",10",12",13" Mounted Toms
    (2)14",16" Floor Toms
    22" x 18" Kick
    6",8",10" Roto Toms
    14" x 6.5" Mapex Black Panther Snare
    13" x 3" Pearl Piccolo Snare
    Sabian: 13" Paragon Hats
    14" HH X Hats
    22" Paragon Ride
    (2) 16" Paragon Crashes
    20" Paragon Crash
    18" Paragon Crash
    20" Paragon Small Flange China
    19" Paragon China
    Wuhan:20"with gingles
    8",10" Splash
    Roc N Soc Lunar
    DW 8002B Pedals
    Tambourine
    Cowbell
    Sabian Squad

C C Militia

User Info Menu

Really it depends on what sound you want, and what style you play. Wuhans are a good cheap option. I personally like a lower-pitched, darker, more musical sound and so I have an 18" Sabian HH Thin. However I don't really imagine that being a very good rock/metal china. There are also things like Zildjian Trashformer, ozone/efx cymbals, etc for more choices. Personally I'm not a fan of most Zildjian chinas I've played in person. From a distance they're fine but close up they all sounded too clangy with too much ring.

User Info Menu

Wuhan is the way to go. If you are looking for something as small as you say, look into Wuhan Linear. Cool five sided cymbal, trashy and inexpensive.
    Tama Silverstar Red and Black Fade

Pork Pie BOB 14x6.5

AAX Crashes
    16" Ozone
    18", 19" Fast
    17", 18", and 19" Freq

Paiste 2002 24" Ride
    Paiste 2002 14" Hi hat

User Info Menu

thanks for the suggestions, I'll let you know what I get