Thread: Im a newbie

User Info Menu

Default Im a newbie

hey everyone, im a new user and still trying to figure this site out... but from what i know about it overall, its a pretty cool place for all musicians... im a novice bass player, but i practice every chance i get. anyway, feel free to hit me up, im always looking forward to making new friends... ciao...

User Info Menu

Hi AmberNicole, welcome to drumchat

So your a bass player huh? Well, we won't hold that against you. J/K

I think your right too, even though this is a drum focused forum, it's a good place for all musos to just hang and chat and share info, thoughts, experience. One of our senior most members is a guitarist, and he posts on here mroe than anyone, although, now that I think aout it, he makes very few contributions to the drummig topics....... anyways, welcome and enjoy
    "What consumes your mind, controls your life" - So, what consumes your mind?

User Info Menu

thanks! nice to be welcomed! i was hoping i wouldnt have to face any hazing. lol

User Info Menu

Well . . . we do have a "Newbie Initiation" thread. It's a lot of fun. Welcome to Drum Chat!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Welcome AmberNicole...

User Info Menu

Welcome to Drum Chat AmberNicole

R.i.P. FRANK YOU WILL BE REMEMBER AS A GENTLEMAN

how to attach an image http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ures-7721.html

FRENCHY

User Info Menu

Welcome! So you're a bassist? thats cool! I just had my first bass lesson 4days ago!
    Paiste Posse
    14inch 2002 series Sound Edge Hi-hats
    16inch and 18inch Signature series Fast crashes
    20inch 3000 series Ride
    18inch PST5 series China

Pearl Forum Series drum set
    Pearl Chad Smith Signature snare(steel shell)
    Tama Iron Cobra Chrome

RIP Frank - You will be remembered

User Info Menu

welcome, you can teach us drummers how awsome a bass really is!

User Info Menu

And we can teach the bassist just how cool drummers rally are! Either that, AmberNicole, or you'll go off screaming into the night about how weird drummers are!

Really though, since bass players work so closely with a drummer, this should be cool for us all!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Cool beans Andrew! Its a lot of fun when you get the hang of it... I just picked up the bass one day and played what was in my head... no lessons, no instructions, just playing by ear. Hope you have lots of fun like I have been!

User Info Menu

Lafirin, Im glad you think bassists are awesome... I do too! LOL Ive only been playing bass for about 5 months, but I think im doing pretty good on my progress... Just have to keep practicing... My goal is to get EXTREMELY great at it and hopefully get into a band... be the first black female bassist in years to play hit songs!

User Info Menu

Pastor Bob... youre all around awesome, dude! lol I hope instead of running away screaming I'll be breaking it down with a bunch of cool cats like you guys.

User Info Menu

Hey Amber (can I shorten it to just Amber?) wondering if you've had a look at the "favourite bass players" thread yet? If not, check it out and post your thoughts. Always good to hear from someone who is actually focused on that instrument, means you'll generally have guys/gals that you look up to and influence you.

http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ayer-2004.html
    "What consumes your mind, controls your life" - So, what consumes your mind?