Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2 leg hi hat stands

User Info Menu

Default Re: 2 leg hi hat stands

Quote Originally Posted by gottdonn13 View Post
    I've ran with a swiveled 3 leg for a while when ive got the double pedal, so glad that the couple of comments above seem to suggest 2 leg will be good (3 swivelled is fine, but a litttle more room will be nice)

I may have caused some confusion digging up the old post instead of starting one though - any thoughts on my questions 2 posts ago?
    Hands down the Falcon Mapex Hi Hat stand, Good options like pedal fold up lock, 2 different size center rods, double leg assembly pops off in one second for rack mounting etc., top h hat cymbal lock nut underneath has quick release to save time screwing it on and off and fold down spurs on feet. I LOVE my Falcon series Hi Hat stand!

User Info Menu

The pedal on the PDP has a solid baseplate, and is the third leg. The only downside is it doesn't fold up for transport, but that is not a big problem for me, and I love how stable it is. I have them on both of my kits.

User Info Menu

the DW9000 2 legged hi-hat foot base is super strong and locks down to become the third base. You can adjust it. It also folds up for travel.

User Info Menu

The DW is $329, the PDP is $89---I bought a quick release drop clutch to go with it, and still came out with $200 left over for a nice set of double pedals! DW hardware is drastically overpriced for a modest gain in quality/features---even if I win the lottery I won't be buying any DW stuff!