Thread: Stick tape - what kind?

User Info Menu

Default Stick tape - what kind?

I need to buy some stick tape. I'm not a fan of the Zildjian "dips," and I love my Pro-Marks. I never break sticks anymore because I mainly play at church, and because I don't break my sticks, I have noticed that my sticks are getting slick where I hold them. I've been using electrical tape, but that's been getting slick as well. I'd like to get some actual stick tape.

What do you use? What do you recommend?

User Info Menu

Default Re: Stick tape - what kind?

You can always just glue your hands to the sticks, I heard glue gets really good grip these days. I always use just electrical tape and that seems to work for me, but I don't have much experience...
    Happy Drumming!

IS15

User Info Menu

Hockey tape a $0.99 roll will last forever.

User Info Menu

Vater Grip tape works great and give you a nice comfortable grip. Re-useable and colored.

Last edited by Pearl MCX Man; 11-13-2013 at 02:28 PM.

User Info Menu

I have been dropping sticks lately. Something to do with the colder temps. I started using Mr. Zogs Sex Wax. Works like a charm. That piece I got looks like darn near a lifetime supply!

User Info Menu

I use plasti dip - works great. It's very thin, much better than a wrap.
    Wears off with time, but I just repeat the treatment.

Dumped a couple of cans into a tall glass bottle - this way when it covers sticks to more then half-length. Original cans are only about 6 inch tall.

User Info Menu

Gaffa tape maybe?
    - Zack

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by xweasel View Post
    Gaffa tape maybe?
    Wouldn't it stick to the stick a lot, and leave residue? I know he may never take it off once its on, but its also crazy expensive compared to electrical and duct tape, but it may work
    Happy Drumming!

IS15

User Info Menu

Skip the tape and get some hand cream, moisturizer or a little vasoline and rub it into the palms of your hands, etc., if your skin is dry.
    SONOR 6 pc Special Edition 3007's red maple, old Pearl Brass 14x6 FF snare, Yamaha Tour Custom maple 8 pc., Tama 4 pc., honey amber B/B, Ludwig Supralite chrome 14x6.5 steel snare, Paiste, Saluda & Zildjian
    Loaned out Slingerland upgraded 4 pc 1963 black, wrapped maple + 14" Pearl birch FT
    The Almighty Speed King pedal, Speed Cobra, Sonor Single

http://www.screaminmelinas.com
    http://www.facebook.com/DerailedRockers/

User Info Menu

i've used the AHEAD grip tape, worked pretty good and re-used it on several sticks.it doesnt have a sticky backside so it came off clean and wrapped them up on another set of sticks and just retaped the top that held it together

User Info Menu

I never cared for wraps.................the VF sticks with "vic-grip" works decent, but the best I've found is Zildjian stick wax............................works great.................bought a can over a year and a half ago and still have more than half a can left.

That's averaging 4-5 days a week of playing.