Thread: Keeping my ludwig element kit

User Info Menu

Default Keeping my ludwig element kit

Hello drummers, After a lot of thinking and time put into my small Ludwig element drum kit I have decided not to sell it. If anything I can use it as a small jazz kit . Although it is mahogany with evans heads on it I really like the sound of them and just can't part with them. You all know that once you get the right sound that you like you just can't stop playing. I saw one of Emmanuelle' videos where she is playing on a white sonar kit and it sounded awesome. Guess it isn't that bad having two drum sets.

Keep drumming

Gregg

User Info Menu

Default Re: Keeping my ludwig element kit

Quote Originally Posted by drummerboy60 View Post
    Hello drummers, After a lot of thinking and time put into my small Ludwig element drum kit I have decided not to sell it. If anything I can use it as a small jazz kit . Although it is mahogany with evans heads on it I really like the sound of them and just can't part with them. You all know that once you get the right sound that you like you just can't stop playing. I saw one of Emmanuelle' videos where she is playing on a white sonar kit and it sounded awesome. Guess it isn't that bad having two drum sets.

Keep drumming

Gregg
    Nice, I think having two drum kits definitely has it's benefits like you and others have mentioned.
    Happy Drumming!

IS15

User Info Menu

Having two kits sounds like fun.

User Info Menu

No such thing as too many drums. Especially if you're in a band and need one set for practice/recording and one set for gigs. I'm working on my 3rd set now. Two are cheap Taiwan kits, but I'll now have my Premier set all packed up in cases, ready to go for gigs, one set that stays at our practice location and one set at home in my basement to play around on when I'm home alone.
    Last edited by N2Bluz; 11-17-2013 at 11:30 AM.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

tfw multiple kits
    tfw art projects
    tfw derping around and making super double bass ultra mega delux 1980's special kit for the lulz
    "The chances of being attacked and killed by a terrorist are less than the chances of being attacked and killed by your own heart"
    Carrying the message to Garcia. Today and everyday.
    Temple Beth Snare Buzz-Head Rabbi