Thread: Possible Purchase

User Info Menu

Default Possible Purchase

Hi I'm new here been drumming for 40+ years stopped and now getting back into it I have the opportunity to purchase a Premier XPK 7 PIECE kit with hardware. Recording studio use only 10, 12, 13,14, 16 suspended toms 22 bass 5 x 14 snare 2 tom stands bass tom mount 3 cymbal stands hihat and snare stand being told they are early 1990's color is rosewood stain with lacquered interiors. So what is a fair price.

Thanks,

Jim

User Info Menu

Default Re: Possible Purchase

Sounds like a nice kit man. N2bluz as a set of Premiers maybe he can give you an idea how much they are worth. PM him

User Info Menu

I have seen five-piece sets of that kit for 1000 dollars. So I figure a 7 piece with hardware included would come around at about 1200 dollars, considering it is in good condition.
    copy and Paiste

User Info Menu

Studio accepted my offer of. $700.00 is this a good price. Ill pick them up tomorrow, can`t wait. They are in excellent condition.

Thanks,

Jim

User Info Menu

Studio accepted my offer of. $700.00 is this a good price. Ill pick them up tomorrow, can`t wait. They are in excellent condition.

Thanks,

Jim

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by js218 View Post

Thanks,

Jim
    Not a bad price. They retail for about $800 new as a 7 piece shell pack. So with hardware it probably would cost $1000-1100 new
    4 Piece shell packs go for $250-350 used.

$700 is a a very reasonable price
    -Steven

User Info Menu

The rules here js218 is pictures or it did'nt happen lol

User Info Menu

Nice score
    "Don't let your pride swell....you may have to swallow it one day!"- Unknown

God made Cops so Firefighters could have heroes!

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    I'm waaaay past having any major parts of my body exposed. Believe me, it wouldn't add anything to the show!
    Proud member of PHROGGE's Aquarian Army

Zildjian League

User Info Menu

Soon as i set them up tomorrow you will get pics

User Info Menu

Sounds like a decent price to me.

User Info Menu

Had an XPK bop kit. Shoulda never sold that one. Particularly the bass drum. Great R&B kit. I've tried to buy it back several times!
    Last edited by bdonley; 11-18-2013 at 09:29 PM.

User Info Menu

We really need some pics! Does it have the full-length high tension lugs with black stain interiors?

If they are in excellent shape, then I would say the price sounds about right...not a "steal", but a fair price for an excellent set of drums. That color is sweeeeet.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

And if that was being sold here for $700 in Aussie dollars....you bet that would be a bargain!
    "...it's the Paradigm Of The Cosmos!" Stewart Copeland on Youtube

668: The Number Of The Guy Next Door To The Beast.

"A random act of kindness; it keeps my heart in shape!" - Late8

User Info Menu

Small lugs, clear lacquered interior attack heads on the toms, 12, 13 and 16 were hardly ever used. will pick them up in an hour then I have to fly to L.A. for a couple of days, will set them up Saturday and post pictures, sucks but job comes first.

Jim

User Info Menu

I had to laugh when I saw the title of your post.

Not trying to be offensive but, around here, with this bunch of guys that post here often..............

Is there any gear that is NOT a "possible purchase" ?
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)

User Info Menu

R.i.P. FRANK YOU WILL BE REMEMBER AS A GENTLEMAN

how to attach an image http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ures-7721.html

FRENCHY

User Info Menu

Ok, just got back from L.A. so how do I post pictures, pushing 60 and to say computer impaired is an understatement. Drums are set up and sound sweet.

Thanks,

Jim

User Info Menu

Download your pics into your picture file on your pc. Then open you profile on DC make up an album then download your pics into it. Once dowloaded click on the pics you want to see, at the bottom you wil see pictures URL and BB code. Click on BB code and copy it. Then go to post that you want to show it and paste it in there and post reply and bingo the pics should be there. Hope this helps

User Info Menu

Okay posting pictures cannot figure it out, will wait until the kids and grandkids come up for thanksgiving, but damn they sound good. Back in the early 70's I was the proud owner of a 7 piece red vistalite kit sold it when I got married then acquired a 6 piece clear vistalite kit in the late 80's which was destroyed in a house fire a year ago so this is actually my first kit made of wood.

Jim

User Info Menu

FRENCHY

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by js218 View Post
    Okay posting pictures cannot figure it out, will wait until the kids and grandkids come up for thanksgiving, but damn they sound good. Back in the early 70's I was the proud owner of a 7 piece red vistalite kit sold it when I got married then acquired a 6 piece clear vistalite kit in the late 80's which was destroyed in a house fire a year ago so this is actually my first kit made of wood.

Jim
    Jim you will kick yoursef cause this is not that hard to figure out. Aye, I am 62 and never been around computers till about 3 years ago. It is the computer language that confuses us old guys more than anything.
    Last edited by Pearl MCX Man; 11-23-2013 at 03:17 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    It is the computer language that confuses us old guys more than anything.
    i taugh it was your wife maybe she is like mine

FRENCHY

User Info Menu

Yep Still trying to figure it out, but I rather play them then try to post my daughter will be here tomorrow then I'll get some photos posted.

Jim

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Riouel View Post
    i taugh it was your wife maybe she is like mine
    She does confuse the heck out of me most of the times but then she is the computer whiz around here Being 6 years younger she knows more about them than I do.