Thread: pictures from dabdrums

User Info Menu

Default pictures from dabdrums

these are the pictures i said id put online, thanks to my daughter! Happy Thanksgiving guys

the Drumset is a 7 piece Gretsch catalina maple w/16inch 18inch crash cymbals 20inch ride cymbal and 14inch high hats ZBTS. and the cymbal is signed by the band America.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

User Info Menu

Default Re: pictures from dabdrums

Very nice kit sir. Play her well!

Keep the Peace and Keep Drumming! :D

User Info Menu

Nice kit dude, that's a pretty snazzy finish
    Happy Drumming!

IS15

User Info Menu

Very nice it! Congrats...

User Info Menu

Good looking kit......congrats

User Info Menu

Nice kit! Love the wooden music stand by the way.

I see that you got the band to sign the underside of your cymbal....a ZBT 12" splash. But what's the splash on your kit there in the first pic? Not the same one, surely?
    "...it's the Paradigm Of The Cosmos!" Stewart Copeland on Youtube

668: The Number Of The Guy Next Door To The Beast.

"A random act of kindness; it keeps my heart in shape!" - Late8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dabdrums View Post
    these are the pictures i said id put online, thanks to my daughter! Happy Thanksgiving guys

the Drumset is a 7 piece Gretsch catalina maple w/16inch 18inch crash cymbals 20inch ride cymbal and 14inch high hats ZBTS. and the cymbal is signed by the band America.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
    Also am I mistaken or is that a putty pad on the bass drum practice pad you have there? Maybe it's just some felt I don't know, but it sure does look sort of like it.
    Happy Drumming!

IS15

User Info Menu

Thanks guys, What an improvement over my old CB set. Need to change the heads I think to evans G1 G2's. Drumbledore, no it isn't it's a cheap tin cymbal from my grandsons set. I used my 12" Zildjian splash when I got the band to sign it. I got tired of looking at the empty spot so I put it there till I get a new splash. I looking for an old 12" zildjian a splash. They sound great, I seen one on ebay but I just pick up a vintage Ludwig black galaxy and I'm looking to get a china cymbal. So I think I'll have to wait till next month for that. Don't want the wife to get upset, she's looking for a new ring for our 25 on new years eve. The cymbal signed by the band is in a showcase with the ticket stubs and the cd they were selling. I was going to post a pic of that but the camera died

User Info Menu

no it's not a putty pad , it's felt 4 layers. I'm going to change it to gum rubber. I have some on order

User Info Menu

Nice looking drum kit.

User Info Menu

love the color fade

User Info Menu

Nice kit. Have fun with it. Beautiful finish.

User Info Menu

Sweet!

all the best...

User Info Menu

Beautiful finish on the Cats dab!

BTW, I've been an America fan since high school.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Check out a Wuhan splash. They are dirt cheap, but sound pretty good. I'd even go out on a limb and say it would sound better than your old ZBT...and cost less as well.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

thanks I'm going to try to get one this week. Not sure what size. I'm thinking 18" or 20" I like a trashy sounding cymbal.

User Info Menu

N2bluz - I was thinking china. But I'll check out the splash also while I'm there. I see you have a 10" Wuhan splash how does that sound?