Thread: Dynasonic COB how much?

User Info Menu

Default Dynasonic COB how much?

Well I took my Dyna into my favorite drum shop, and they said they'd give me the cymbal I want, for my snare and 50 bucks. The cymbal sells for 329. So they'd be giving me 280. for my Dyna. I didn't ask about sales tax. That would boost the price of the cymbal. The cymbal is a Sabian Omni 22" AAX. I did a trade with him about a month ago, and there wasn't any tax. It is tempting. I really want that Omni. I put the Dyna on my local Craigslist for 400. I should put it on ebay, but I'm still skeptical about that. I rather sell it in person. That way the buyer knows what they're getting, before they pay for it.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Dynasonic COB how much?

Sales tax is on new items not used things. (Sales tax has already been paid if the item is used) The last trade, was it used?

Craigslist is worth a try.

User Info Menu

The trade was for a new cymbal, but it was straight across. I didn't give them any $

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 8beat View Post
    Sales tax is on new items not used things. (Sales tax has already been paid if the item is used) The last trade, was it used?

Craigslist is worth a try.
    Wow. Nice. In Canada, everything that passes through a cash register, new or used, is subject to full taxes.

all the best...

User Info Menu

Yeah us Canadians get it from both ends lol

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    Yeah us Canadians get it from both ends lol
    Well, we are the same here with tax , in Kansas anyway. The last deal I made was a straight up trade. I don't think I was taxed on that one. I'm sure he didn't loose any money. I gave him, a pair of Paiste 2ooo sound reflaction hats, and a Gretsch 4 x 14 60's snare. I got a 20" Sabian ISO crash

User Info Menu

I sold my Dyna on Ebay, and today I ordered the Sabian Omni AAX 22". I'm excited. They said it might be as soon as a Wk. for delivery. They told me I wasn't obligated to buy it, if I didn't like it (I'm a little sceptical about buying cymbals I've not heard) they all sound so different. I'll take my 20" Iso Crash in with me, to make sure they go well together, when it comes in. There's a 19" Dark K Custom there that might go well with the Iso also. I never thought I see the day when my Paiste 18" Sig. Full Crash wasn't my main crash. With the 60's and 70's music we're playing, that big Iso really hits the spot. I hope the Omni does too.