Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Drums & Hardware for Christmas ?

User Info Menu

Default Re: Drums & Hardware for Christmas ?

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    I just got a full set of Evans EC2 SST clear batter heads for my toms as an early Christmas present.

I also got a 10 pack of Martin acoustic guitar stings, and after jamming with a 94 year old guitarist yesterday, who needed to take his guitar in for a restring, I offered to take his guitar home with me and restring it for free. I also conditioned the fretboard and polished the guitar before I returned it today. That just felt incredibly good to do that for him.
    There is a special place in Heaven for people like you.........very nice PB.

New heads are always a good thing too.............
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)

User Info Menu

I'm getting a guitar... sorry guys

Although if I get some money, I'm gonna get a new bass drum beater and snare stand, maybe a couple other things too.

User Info Menu

I usually tell everyone to get me sticks. Can never have enough sticks. People tend to go buy the cheapo ones but..
    Pdp LXE | Pearl ELX Export

'Give me your fingernails, oh look, the moon' - Todd Sucherman.

User Info Menu

Hoping I get a clamp cymbal stand thingie or whatever their called. As for giving I'm taking some tin snips to an old cracked cymbal and I'm attempting to make some jewelry from it, though so far its becoming more and more apparent that I shouldn't quit my day job to become a jeweler.
    Wear hearing protection.

User Info Menu

Just bought heads for my step sons Ludwig which I am going to use for open mic night easier to set up than my set.
    Conrad

User Info Menu

I was going to buy myself a new china cymbal, but my daughter asked what I would like for Christmas so I said a new Zildjian orenital china or Wuhan china cymbal

User Info Menu

My Girlfriend decided one day we should go "look" at the music shop, which she normally hates because I could spend hours in there, but on this particular day decided to walk around with me and take an interest in what I needed for my set and as she began to "get bored" and go look at something else, I see her putting a DW 5000 snare stand and 2-leg hi-hat stand on layaway for me. It would've been a good surprise if she didn't make it pretty obvious haha. but oh well...

User Info Menu

Merry Christmas to me!! My first set!!

1978-79 Ludwig Vistalite (blue) 12/13/16/(forgot to measure the kick)
    1978-79 Ludwig Snare
    Paiste Hi-hat
    Paiste 16" Thin Crash
    Paiste 20" Ride

Ludwig Thrown and Cymbal Stands
    Cases for everything, sticks, brushes, mallets, tools, and extra parts. You name it, and it came in this kit. I even have a cowbell and a tambourine, LOL! I am stoked!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NdnDrummer View Post
    My Girlfriend decided one day we should go "look" at the music shop, which she normally hates because I could spend hours in there, but on this particular day decided to walk around with me and take an interest in what I needed for my set and as she began to "get bored" and go look at something else, I see her putting a DW 5000 snare stand and 2-leg hi-hat stand on layaway for me. It would've been a good surprise if she didn't make it pretty obvious haha. but oh well...
    sounds like a keeper

User Info Menu

Sure is man! She's made a huge contribution to my set from sticks to heads to cymbals etc.. she's a keeper for sure!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jarhead View Post

1978-79 Ludwig Snare
    Paiste Hi-hat
    Paiste 16" Thin Crash
    Paiste 20" Ride

Cases for everything, sticks, brushes, mallets, tools, and extra parts. You name it, and it came in this kit. I even have a cowbell and a tambourine, LOL! I am stoked!!
    Sweet! Sounds like a Christmas to remember, congrats!
    Happy Drumming!

IS15

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Aviator42009 View Post
    I'm getting a guitar... sorry guys

Although if I get some money, I'm gonna get a new bass drum beater and snare stand, maybe a couple other things too.
    That would be awesome

I would be totally pumped if I got a new acoustic guitar this Christmas. I don't need a high dollar one, but a good quality intermediate electric acoustic would be just fine. My old Yamaha FG75 just doesn't cut it for use on stage. Last year, my brother's GF bought him a really nice Takamine electric acoustic. She had me pick it up at the music store and keep it at my place until Christmas Eve. I made sure it was "well broken in", LOL.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jarhead View Post

1978-79 Ludwig Snare
    Paiste Hi-hat
    Paiste 16" Thin Crash
    Paiste 20" Ride

Vistalites for a "first set"??? Nothing like starting with a classic vintage set! I have fantasies about stumbling onto a mint set of Vistas at a garage sale for dirt cheap. Some day.........
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by imperialstar15 View Post
    Sweet! Sounds like a Christmas to remember, congrats!
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by N2Bluz View Post
    Vistalites for a "first set"??? Nothing like starting with a classic vintage set! I have fantasies about stumbling onto a mint set of Vistas at a garage sale for dirt cheap. Some day.........
    I'm still trying to figure out if I got this set for a great price or just a good price. Everything mentioned $1200. There is literally one scratch on the whole kit, and it's a surface scratch so I'm figuring I might even be able to buff it out.

How do you think I made out on this deal?