Thread: Drum Chat Tips

User Info Menu

Default Drum Chat Tips

Just thought I'd let you guys in on a little tip. If pages are ever slow to load, just hit the stop botton on your browser and then the refresh button. This usually speeds things along and will save you some time and frustration. I know many of you know this but I thought it would help some of those that aren't quite as good with computers.

User Info Menu

Hey, where's the refresh button on this this?!!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

In IE, its the one with the two arrows going in either direction. Not sure where it is on other browsers.

User Info Menu

The shortcut is usually F5 for all browsers.

HB58
    My Kit: Pearl Session Custom 7 Piece w/ Zildjian Cymbals
    My Band: Lead Redemption
    Current Favourite Band: Necrophagist
    Current Favourite Song: To Rid The Disease - Opeth
    Next purchase: Pearl 18"x16" Floor Tom, Zildjian A Custom Crash

Rudiments?

User Info Menu

Or you can right click on the page and see it in the menu there. If your on a mac it's alt-click I think, unless you've got one of those new fangled macs with the two buttons - it's like something out of Star Treck!
    "What consumes your mind, controls your life" - So, what consumes your mind?

User Info Menu

Cool Drum Chat Tips

On Windows XP, look at the top of your page below the blue subject bar and look for the two dancing arrows (about three-fourths of the way across the bar from left to right). It's next to the window that shows the http:// info on where you are in DrumChat...

(P.S.--it's also good for refreshing the smilies in Shoutbox!)
    Last edited by bongobro; 09-25-2007 at 11:16 PM.
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bongobro View Post
    On Windows XP, look at the top of your page below the blue subject bar and look for the two dancing arrows (about three-fourths of the way across the bar from left to right). It's next to the window that shows the http:// info on where you are in DrumChat...

(P.S.--it's also good for refreshing the smilies in Shoutbox!)
    Dancing arrows is right, but it's onyl in thatposition if your using IE 7.0 - earlier verisons of Internet Explorer still have the big square buttons above the address bar. Plus they might be using firefox or and apple mac (although I don't know why) i which case it's different again.
    "What consumes your mind, controls your life" - So, what consumes your mind?

User Info Menu

There's also a warm reboot if all else fails. It clears gremlins of all kinds.

User Info Menu

And when all else fails, go to the two tools that can fix any problem...ballpeen & vicegrips!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Roaddebris View Post
    And when all else fails, go to the two tools that can fix any problem...ballpeen & vicegrips!
    Small screwdrivers work better with computers.
    Thats the way, uh huh, uh huh, I like it.

User Info Menu

Don't knock it until you've tried it.

User Info Menu

Don't get me wrong... I've been known to exercise quite a "Technical Slap" but it tends to work better, if you hunt down the problem, and fix it... the technical slaps are for when you're trying to fix it and the damn machine throws obstacles in the way.
    Thats the way, uh huh, uh huh, I like it.