Thread: base buzz

User Info Menu

Default base buzz

I love the sounbd of my bass drum. For the no name brand its unrelisticly good sounding.. but i hate the annoying buzz rattle that i get from my floor tom. Anysuggestions on how to tweak i to get that away?

User Info Menu

just make sure nothing is loose including both heads and all metal pieces and such....

User Info Menu

Yea, there's a culprit. Just gotta get down there and put your ear next to it. Other possibilities are the inside of a lug rattling or it may be rattling something that's nearby.

It also might be setting off the snares on your snare drum. Low frequencies 'll do that. Tune the bottom head of your snare tighter and it will probably take it away. (If that's what's going on.)

User Info Menu

my floor tom does this too, Ive tried every thing resetting the heads... totaly dismantleing the thing nothings wrong as far as I can tell its not the snare either , thought of that and droped the strands and smacked the floor tom it still buzzed...so i dunno
    PRACTICE SAFE BANGING!!! play drums! My Pearl Session Kit

User Info Menu

just keep looking...for rattle to occur somehting must be moving that shouldn't

User Info Menu

Do you have a head on the front of your bass? and is there a hole in it? If so sometimes you can get a buzz coming from the material around the hole. They do sell a foam muffler for the front hole in bass drums. I also had this and only noticed it bad when I mic'd it up. The foam fixed it.
    Rock Till Ya Drop

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=Dave]They do sell a foam muffler for the front hole in bass drums. [QUOTE]

I didn't know that. Hey I learned something already! Who sells it? What is it called?
    Drummer Chicks Rule

User Info Menu

foam muffler?...u cant just get one with a plastic protection clip?