Thread: my furnis

User Info Menu

Default my furnis

okay, so since i drum in my car port, i want to get some natural gas down there. is it possible to cut a round hole through the metal pipe were the natural gas comes through and stick a thick pipe in there leading into my carport? it seems unrealistic, but i checked it and the natural gas pipe is right across from my car port

User Info Menu

I don't know much about all that, but it doesn't sound too wise :{
    www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy

User Info Menu

Yea Lafirin, I love your ingenuity but this is some serious stuff your're messing with. Be careful!

User Info Menu

What for? Heating or something?

Hmm... I'd probably get a professional on this job, mate.

HB58
    My Kit: Pearl Session Custom 7 Piece w/ Zildjian Cymbals
    My Band: Lead Redemption
    Current Favourite Band: Necrophagist
    Current Favourite Song: To Rid The Disease - Opeth
    Next purchase: Pearl 18"x16" Floor Tom, Zildjian A Custom Crash

Rudiments?

User Info Menu

Tapping into a natural gas line poses several issues, not the least of which is the legalities. It may be different in the US, but as far as I am aware only regiestered plumbers are aloud to do anything at with gas lines. It's just basic safety. Not just yours, but for the gas lines and the mains for the residential area you live in.

Add to that the saftey issues, like cutting into the line creating a spark to light the gas, or leaks from the additional line, it's a bad idea laf.

Just out of curiosity though, why do want to divert the natural gas into the carport anyway? what's the purpose?
    Last edited by crazymanwithaplunger; 09-21-2007 at 03:37 AM.
    "What consumes your mind, controls your life" - So, what consumes your mind?

User Info Menu

I thoguht it sounded pretty crazy myself, actually my mom had brought the idea up, and i kinda liked it. since i have all my equipment in my carport and spend lots of time down here, it would be nice to have some heat. keep in mind, my family has only been around natural gas for about 2 years so they dont no anything about it.. i just thought it was hot air.. lol im pretty arogant in that subject. anyways, thanks for the heads up, i dont wannt get myself killed.