Thread: Interested in buying a cajon?

User Info Menu

Default Interested in buying a cajon?

Just throwing this out there, if anyone is interested in buying a cajon, check out Wise Guys Cajons.

Very small company based in Northern California, the guy builds them as a hobby and they are affordable and sound amazing. I just got mine a few weeks ago and I bought the basic birch cajon. I am super happy with it and it has the best sound of any one that I've played. The owner is very personable and guarantees his work and the sound.

You should really check them out.
    "Don't let your pride swell....you may have to swallow it one day!"- Unknown

God made Cops so Firefighters could have heroes!

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    I'm waaaay past having any major parts of my body exposed. Believe me, it wouldn't add anything to the show!
    Proud member of PHROGGE's Aquarian Army

Zildjian League

User Info Menu

Default Re: Interested in buying a cajon?

Ha! I have looking for a nice cajon for a couple months. Really hard to find one as there are not a lot from which to see, feel and play. And there are a lot of manufacturers, small, large and custom, with several models so my head is spinning! I have an idea of what I would like in terms of sound and type of snare but my goodness!
    Last edited by drumsetsnide; 12-15-2013 at 09:50 PM.
    TAMA- '2018 Star Walnut, ‘99 Starclassic Performer, '89 Granstar, ‘93 Rockstar
    Gretsch- 1963 Round Badge
    Zildjian
    Remo
    Vic Firth
    Speed Cobra Double Pedal Blackout Edition
    Speed Cobra Hi Hat
    Hardware- TAMA Roadpro
    Snare Drums- various TAMA, Gretsch, Ludwig, Leedy
    Mic's- Sennheiser, Shure, AKG