User Info Menu

Default Re: WOW Live Customs sound amazing

Linky no worky

User Info Menu

They sound great!

User Info Menu

They sound great to me too. I wonder if they have been mixed very much.

User Info Menu

Maybe my computer but the drums sound flat, no tone at all. Maybe it’s me but toms should produce a pleasant tone to be enjoyable. These drums don’t come close to sounding good. Again maybe my PC.
    Now playing Gretsch and Slingerland Drums

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rritter View Post
    Maybe my computer but the drums sound flat, no tone at all. Maybe it’s me but toms should produce a pleasant tone to be enjoyable. These drums don’t come close to sounding good. Again maybe my PC.

Well, the toms and floor toms sound good to me for what he is doing. I don't judge the kit with the snare in mind. To me, the snare is always separate from the kit in my mind. It shouldn't stand way out compared to the rest of the drums, but it is one of the easiest sounds to change. That, and I don't think that I would be buying a snare with any new set just because it matched the set, yadda yadda..

But the bass drums is too dry for me. Like hitting a nice piece of cardboard with a pillow behind it. But I also take that with a grain of salt because that may be how that drummer likes and tunes it to sound.

User Info Menu

Sound like drums

all the best...

User Info Menu

I like the kick drum and the floor toms. Not a fan of the rack toms or snare. Also, those hihats are big.
    - Zack

User Info Menu

Well i gues its true what they say about ?????????? everybodys got one

User Info Menu

lets not forget that this is insanely EQ'd and compressed

live these probably sound way way different
    Too Much Stuff.

User Info Menu

What kay-gee said. Sounds like drums.

Don't forget the "magic" of the studio- mics, mike placement, EQ, compression, gating, editing, environment, editing software, other recording hardware…
    TAMA- '2018 Star Walnut, ‘99 Starclassic Performer, '89 Granstar, ‘93 Rockstar
    Gretsch- 1963 Round Badge
    Zildjian
    Remo
    Vic Firth
    Speed Cobra Double Pedal Blackout Edition
    Speed Cobra Hi Hat
    Hardware- TAMA Roadpro
    Snare Drums- various TAMA, Gretsch, Ludwig, Leedy
    Mic's- Sennheiser, Shure, AKG

User Info Menu

From owning the Yamaha Oak Custom kit for 3 years now and playing a lot of gigs with them and recording them on my Yamaha digital recorder set on "Flat" - I can honestly say the Oak drums do sound really deep and will exceed the volumes of birch, maple, beech, ash or poplar. The new Live Customs are supposed to have an even lower tone than the Oak Customs.
    Yamaha Oak Custom 22x17 with Brass Kick Port, Brass Hoop Claws,10-12-14 racks, 16 Floor and all toms have Brass Hoops and a Tama Starclassic Bubinga Elite 14x6.5 snare in Quilted Mocha Burst and Black Nickel hardware. All hi-end Zildjian Cymbals - K Dark Thin crashes & splashes, a Zildjian A crash & a Meinl 16" crash, Avedis Zildjian 1964 ride, K Custom hats plus New Beat hats on Closed X-Hat.

If a Man offends thee - - give each of his children a Drum~~~!!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rritter View Post
    Ive got a Sub-Woofer plus 2 satellite speakers and 250 watts of power on my computers sound system and trust me - the drums do not sound "flat" - the toms are deep toned and melodic and the kick drum is coming in Really Low and thunderous...the snare is tuned low and it matches perfectly with the rest of the kit. so Yeah, guess its your computer speakers that are not letting you hear whats really there.
    Yamaha Oak Custom 22x17 with Brass Kick Port, Brass Hoop Claws,10-12-14 racks, 16 Floor and all toms have Brass Hoops and a Tama Starclassic Bubinga Elite 14x6.5 snare in Quilted Mocha Burst and Black Nickel hardware. All hi-end Zildjian Cymbals - K Dark Thin crashes & splashes, a Zildjian A crash & a Meinl 16" crash, Avedis Zildjian 1964 ride, K Custom hats plus New Beat hats on Closed X-Hat.

If a Man offends thee - - give each of his children a Drum~~~!!!

User Info Menu

HAH! as soon as I saw th title of the video I knew exactly how the kit would sound without hearing it. Thats my buddy Arch, great drummer. Ive played that kit tons of times. He tunes his kit so it sounds good closed mic'd low and punchy, tons of attack, very controlled resonance.

User Info Menu

Guess someone else said it, they sound like drums. Kind of toneless for my liking, but, sound very good nonetheless.