Thread: Well I did it. EBay

User Info Menu

Default Well I did it. EBay

Well I sold my snare on Ebay. Someone in California bought it. I'm in Kansas. I've been all excited to buy a new Sabian Omni cymbal. This is my 1st. sell on ebay. I was dissapointed to find out, it may tske up to 21 days to get my money, because I'm a 1st time seller. If I'd known that, I might have taken the 275. offer from my local dealer. I got 300 on Ebay. Now I'm down to 2 snares. Next thing you know I'll be wanting to buy a new snare. Guess I'll get the Omni ordered.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Well I did it. EBay

Congrats you got more for it on e-bay that is cool.

User Info Menu

Try Daves drum shop first for great prices

User Info Menu

don't forget the fee of e-bay
    you will have less too

R.i.P. FRANK YOU WILL BE REMEMBER AS A GENTLEMAN

how to attach an image http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ures-7721.html

FRENCHY

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Riouel View Post
    don't forget the fee of e-bay
    you will have less too
    That's right I forgot about the Ebay fee. I don't even know how much that is yet. This new territory for me.

User Info Menu

Well after this first experience dealing with e-bay you will learn how they operate. Lesson learned.

User Info Menu

Well, look at it this way...if the fee is 20%, say, then that leaves $240 for you. Not that much less than the local shop offer, and, an eBay learning experience. I call that a winning situation for sure.
    I want one of those Omni cymbals, too, btw. Nice choice.
    Proudly playing:
    Doc Sweeney Drums
    A bunch of snares
    A bunch of cymbals

Off-Set double pedals

I think I love to play the drums simply because you get to hit 'em!!!

User Info Menu

I've never sold anything on eBay, but I've heard a lot of horror stories from people who do.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

ebay and paypal fee are 15%

FRENCHY

User Info Menu

Nothing is free my friend. That is why they are in business to make $$$$.

User Info Menu

buying things off of e bay is easy enough. But like any corporation they want their share of the pie.

User Info Menu

Ebay takes a 10% fee on sellers. and Paypal takes a 2.9% for handling.

So on $300 ebay takes about $22 and Paypal takes around $8

So you'll get about $269. plus any leftovers from your shipping charge.
    -Steven

User Info Menu

I don't do eBay anymore.. I use to use it like crazy. Then it went to hell IMO

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    Nothing is free my friend. That is why they are in business to make $$$$.
    Bingo! ding, ding, ding, ding, ....

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta View Post
    Ebay takes a 10% fee on sellers. and Paypal takes a 2.9% for handling.

So on $300 ebay takes about $22 and Paypal takes around $8

So you'll get about $269. plus any leftovers from your shipping charge.
    300 X 10 % = 30.00 not 22 + 3 % =9.00 =261.00 + some paypal on shipinng fee

FRENCHY

User Info Menu

I've been looking at the pay pal messages they've sent me, and I don't see any charges, except shipping. The drum was 300 and the shipping was 48.60. They said 348.60 was deposited into my account. When I printed a label they deducted 48.60.

User Info Menu

yeah watch your ebay acount they are fee there
    go in my ebay /account
    the surprise is there LOL

FRENCHY

User Info Menu

Interesting post.

I have about 50 purchases in the seven years I have used ebay. I have never sold anything.
    TAMA- '2018 Star Walnut, ‘99 Starclassic Performer, '89 Granstar, ‘93 Rockstar
    Gretsch- 1963 Round Badge
    Zildjian
    Remo
    Vic Firth
    Speed Cobra Double Pedal Blackout Edition
    Speed Cobra Hi Hat
    Hardware- TAMA Roadpro
    Snare Drums- various TAMA, Gretsch, Ludwig, Leedy
    Mic's- Sennheiser, Shure, AKG

User Info Menu

So, I assume the reason I see items listed for dirt cheap, but with rediculously high shipping charges, is the sellers attempt to circumvent the commission fees?
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

BackStreetDrums Guest

It may not take 21 days...that time is a caution to protect the buyer. ebay wants to be assure there are no problems with the transaction before releasing funds...and what was purchased was delivered as promise

Usually within 72 hours, or less, after confirmed delivery (from UPS/USPS,FedeX), the funds are released....also, tell the buyer to give the transaction a positive grade. This tells ebay all parties are 'happy' and no returns/disputes are anticipated. ebay explains this under Q&A/Customer Service link. I never waited longer than that. PayPal will send you an email that funds have been released. You then have to transfer the money into your bank account if you set up your Paypal account that way. Or, funds remain in your paypal account to do what you want

I recently sold a snare, and 3 Bosphorus cymbals, all different buyers. Did not pay any ebay fees. The only fee deducted was my PayPal fee on all transaction, which is expected and I roll into the price after I determine what I want out of the sale...if the buyer indicates what is being purchased would be used as a gift, not personal use, fees are not collected...if you use ebay again, communicate with buyer. I have not found a buyer not willing to work with me
    Last edited by BackStreetDrums; 12-16-2013 at 01:55 AM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BackStreetDrums View Post
    It may not take 21 days...that time is a caution to protect the buyer. ebay wants to be assure there are no problems with the transaction before releasing funds...and what was purchased was delivered as promise

Usually within 72 hours, or less, after confirmed delivery (from UPS/USPS,FedeX), the funds are released....also, tell the buyer to give the transaction a positive grade. This tells ebay all parties are 'happy' and no returns/disputes are anticipated. ebay explains this under Q&A/Customer Service link. I never waited longer than that. PayPal will send you an email that funds have been released. You then have to transfer the money into your bank account if you set up your Paypal account that way. Or, funds remain in your paypal account to do what you want

I recently sold a snare, and 3 Bosphorus cymbals, all different buyers. Did not pay any ebay fees. The only fee deducted was my PayPal fee on all transaction, which is expected and I roll into the price after I determine what I want out of the sale...if the buyer indicates what is being purchased would be used as a gift, not personal use, fees are not collected...if you use ebay again, communicate with buyer. I have not found a buyer not willing to work with me
    That's good to hear. I hope they're happy with it. I've sure bragged about owning it for the last 20 yr. It's still it pretty good shape.

User Info Menu

I have bought and sold alot of items on ebay. I even sold my wife's Harley davidson to a guy who lives in Australia. I was very skeptical of that one and made sure the check cleared and I had title in hand before I allowed him to set up shipping, which took entirely too long. I had to call him on the phone and threaten storage fee's before someone finally came and picked it up..
    Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

I bought a snare once on e-bay through Pay Pal which I thought was great but wasn't for the seller. He got pissed off at me for using Pay Pal. I was not aware that they charged the seller. I thought it was part of e-bay's way of paying for bought items.