Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The North American Union

Shazane Guest

Default The North American Union

http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php...American_Union

In 2005, President Bush, Mexican President Vincente Fox, and Canadian Prime Minister Paul Martin met with 30-something CEOs of major companies. The three leaders signed a deal that will destroy the borders of Canada, Mexico, and the United States and mege them together into one country- The North American Union. This was decided without a vote or the consent of the people from the three countries.

It's set to happen in 2010. To prevent any outcry, it's been kept secret. Media outlets have been bought out and silenced, and any real coverage is denounced as sensationalism. This isn't a hoax or a conspiracy theory. It was actually reported on CNN.

If you don't already know about this, you should. it's going to be bigger than Iraq, bigger than 9/11, bigger than Katrina. Liberties will be crushed, and our voices will be replaced with those of major companies. It needs to be stopped.

User Info Menu

thats not true at all...as you can tell thats a wikipedia story, anyone can write it or edit it and i just think that it is a giant hoax

User Info Menu

They are talking about trade, not letting people cross the borders.....
    Last edited by drum_chick; 09-20-2007 at 09:48 PM.

User Info Menu

Yeah, no sense in opening the borders, since they're so porous already. LOL
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Nothing surprises me anymore. I mean, we let a neo-con take us into an unnessary war simply out of revenge because his dad didn't finish things and/or for the oil. Thousands of innocent Iraqi's are dead. Children are without mothers and fathers. Women have had their babies killed...husbands taken away. Not to mention the American death toll and thousands missing limbs. There is nothing more horrific.

So what if it is true. This country is no longer ours anyway. We put no cap on international occupance. There are so many illegals and documented that it isn't the same country that I grew up in. I miss the old America. While I love people, I didn't welcome all of the world to come in and call it their own. It was my country. Now every other product we buy is also written in Chinese, Japanese, or Spanish. They even want to make us learn Spanish so we can mix better. What a joke. How about they learn English? What a novel idea. Move to a country and learn "their" language, instead of the other way around.

Disgusted.

User Info Menu

I think it speaks well for this country that we want to help the people of this world by letting them come to have a better life, but at the same time I think we've gone overboard when we completely change our own culture to makes sure that people can preserve theirs. I couldn't even imagine a large group of Americans deciding to make France their new home, and then demanding that the government start printing things in English to accomodate them. Talk about ugly Americans. The French would put them on the next boat back to America.

Being open to the plight of people around the world is a good thing, and I was proud to be an American when the tsunami hit Indonesia. This country really opened their wallets and gave for the relief effort, and that was above and beyond what the government did.

I agree that George W. may have had a "burr under his saddle" where Saddam Hussein was concerned, but lets not forget that although people are dying in Iraq now, many are dying at the hands of their fellow Muslims. Just as many were dying at the hands of their brutal dictator. I have a son and a soon-in-law over in Iraq, and they both believe in what they are doing. They see good, positive things happening. Sure, there are negatives. People always try to take advantage in the midst of confusion, and war zones are confusing.

I'm rambling now, but I guess what I'm trying to say is that their are good and decent people in this world. The people here at Drum Chat are proof of that. Nobody is trying to get their own way. We're just trying to get along, and care about each other. It's a high ideal, and one worth hanging onto. One never knows when a single act of kindness will be life altering for another person. Just watch the movie, "It's A Wonderful Life."
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post

So what if it is true. This country is no longer ours anyway. We put no cap on international occupance. There are so many illegals and documented that it isn't the same country that I grew up in. I miss the old America. While I love people, I didn't welcome all of the world to come in and call it their own. It was my country. Now every other product we buy is also written in Chinese, Japanese, or Spanish. They even want to make us learn Spanish so we can mix better. What a joke. How about they learn English? What a novel idea. Move to a country and learn "their" language, instead of the other way around.

Disgusted.
    hey, i bet thats just how the native americans felt. this country wasnt yours to begin with whitey. your family were imigrants at one time too. as far as i'm concerned there is no point in building a wall to keep out the mexicans. they will still outsmart our dumbass gov. and get here anyway. i've said forever that we should just buy out mexico anyway.
    that would make for smaller borders, millions more tax paying americans, cheaper oil. and some pretty nice beach front property.

Shazane Guest

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by funkymcstain View Post
    hey, i bet thats just how the native americans felt. this country wasnt yours to begin with whitey.
    I knew that would come up. But you see I wasn't around back then so I don't think it's a valid arguement. While I don't agree with that happening either, no one can change history. But if you live in the here and now, you deal with the issues that affect your life directly, in this century. So as I was saying... it has gone "way" too far. I'm all for helping people and providing opportunity for immigrants, but it has to be done responsibly so that it doesn't drag our country down with them. Unfortunately, it didn't happen this way, and now we're in a quagmire.

Quote Originally Posted by funkymcstain View Post
    i've said forever that we should just buy out mexico anyway.
    that would make for smaller borders, millions more tax paying americans, cheaper oil. and some pretty nice beach front property.
    Buy out Mexico with what? We're "billions" of dollars in debt thanks to the Bush administration. We can't even provide health care for our own people. Which of course takes us back to the point at hand: We are, in fact, paying for the health care of thousands of undocumented mexicans that can't afford insurance. So what's not quite right about that picture? That would be like taking all my money and going to feed the poor Mexicans down the street. I then walk back into my house and my daughter is looking up to me and saying she's hungry. And I tell her, sorry Lisa, we have no more food. But we did help the people down the street.

We should be taking care of "our own" first and foremost.

User Info Menu

Man, this discussion could get heated real quick.

While I'm not gonna point fingers or take sides (I'm not an American, so I kinda don't have an actual opinion), a couple of things to ponder - what happened with the Native American Indians and the English settlers back in the 1400's is slightly different to illegal Mexican immigrants - we're talking about going to a country (not known originally to be inhabited) and building it up to a major civilisation, introducing new technology, medicine, etc..., as oppossed to coming in and leeching from a pre-formed society - that being said, allot of illegal immigrants I am sure are hard working people who deserve a chance at a decent life just like anyone else, and are just trying to make the best for their kids and future generations - something they possibly (and probably can't do) in places like Mexico and Cuba etc... Basically, there is a position that can be held on both sides of this argument. That being said, if they are gonna come into America, learn to speak, read and write english, at least enough to communicate properly with the rest of the society. Here in Australia that same position is being pushed by the current (albeit not for long) goverment and they are being called racist. To me it is common sense. They don't have to give up their culture and language, they are becoming multi-lingual, and it stops segregation between races as you don't have the english speaking community and non english speaking communities sperating because they can't communicate effectively. It actually promotes inter-racial undertsanding and acceptance, thus promoting mulit-cultural lifestyles. How is that bad and racist thing?

The war in Iraq (I can have an opinion here because we are there too) I was one of the people that agreed with it. Mainly becuase I don't beleive as countries we should have been turning a blind eye to Saddam just because he wasn't at war with us. You can go on about Oil and the previous Gulf war or WMD's (or lack thereof) all you want, but the facts remain that the regime of Saddam Hussein was a regime of iron fist power over his people, making him richer and everyone else poorer or dead. And those who spoke against him were killed. The guy was guilty of monstrosities equal with that of Stalin, Moa and Hitler, and everyone is complaining about oil.

Like the saying goes, evil will continue to exist as long as good men do nothing. America and England and Australia and eveyrone else was in a position to do something about it, to help innocent people, so they did. Just because terrorists who don't want Iraq to be a domocratic nation are now making it hard for the soldiers to leave, doesn't change the need to help the country. Yes innocent people have been caught in the cross fire. Yes innocent poeple have been killed as a result. Yes, be mad and indignant but instead of laying blame at Bush, lay the blame where it lies, at the terrorist supporters of Saddam and his type who are the ones that keep attacking the soldiers, and setting of car bombs and attempting to assisinate the elected leaders. If it weren't for them, all our boys could have been home by now. If it weren't for them, there would have been allot less casualties. They are the people to blame, not the Bush administration or anyone else. I'm not saying the allied forces have behaved in the most respectable or innocent way at all times here, but they have done the best they could, and apart form a fe bad eggs, I think everyone should be proud as hell of their troops, who aren't just trying to protect their own counrty, but are being even more noble by protecting a country that can't protect itself.

There, that's my two cents.
    "What consumes your mind, controls your life" - So, what consumes your mind?

User Info Menu

Oh and anyone who thinks that big corporations don't already have influence over governments is only fooling themselves. How do you think they fund their election campaigns?

User Info Menu

I disagree with some of what you believe Crazy but I don't wish to carry this on further. Not in here anyway. My drumming relationships with you and Funky and everyone else in here are more important than trying to prove my points on various subjects in this forum. I'll save it for another forum. We can debate this until the cows come home (when are they coming home anyway?) and will do little to influence one another. I've seen this same dynamic in the Christian thread. That's why I'm rarely in there.

Anyway... carry on mates!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    I disagree with some of what you believe Crazy but I don't wish to carry this on further. Not in here anyway. My drumming relationships with you and Funky and everyone else in here are more important than trying to prove my points on various subjects in this forum. I'll save it for another forum. We can debate this until the cows come home (when are they coming home anyway?) and will do little to influence one another. I've seen this same dynamic in the Christian thread. That's why I'm rarely in there.

Anyway... carry on mates!
    Well drummer, I respect your position and your choice to bow out of this discussion. I actually don't really have anything to add to what i already said, and I don't see any need to defend it, so for me, as far as the Iraq war goes, I'm done. This American Union thing (the actual point of the thread) sounds interesting though, and is possibly what we could or should discuss. For me, as an non-US citizen it has little bearing, at least as far as I can tell, so I can be happily objectionable. Just wondering if anyone can actually makes heads or tails of it all, seems real confusing to me. Are they saying that Canada, America and Mexico will all become the same country, or will they still be seperate countries, just with common/shared govermental bodies? I don't get it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shazane View Post
    If you don't already know about this, you should. it's going to be bigger than Iraq, bigger than 9/11, bigger than Katrina. Liberties will be crushed, and our voices will be replaced with those of major companies. It needs to be stopped.
    Unfortunately Shazane, this is happening already. And it's been happening for quite some time.
    http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/ Watch this movie. Believe me, it offers a lot more proof than some of the lies the American government is perpetrating.
    And as for the North American Union, that's not the most immediate threat.

Furthermore, on May 9 2007, Bush signed the
    National Security and Homeland Security Presidential Directive,
    which gives Bush near full dictatorial powers in the event of a "National Emergency". Bush, and the people he works for, will be able to do ANYTHING they want if a "National Emergency" is deemed. All they need is a "New 9/11".
    The US Constitution will no longer be applicable.
    All that needs to happen now is another 9/11. Which can be orchestrated. America will become the biggest dictatorship in the world. And there's nothing that can be done about it, that doesn't lie with the common people.
    This world is in a lot of trouble right now.
    Today, on Ethel The Frog...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by crazymanwithaplunger View Post
    Are they saying that Canada, America and Mexico will all become the same country, or will they still be seperate countries, just with common/shared govermental bodies? I don't get it.
    It's got nothing to do with borders and countries. It's the first step on world domination.
    It's all about money. The money they will get from the North American union will all be the same currency. There's a European Union...and soon there will be an African Union and an Asian Union. And then there will be one Worldwide Union, run by one Government, supported by one currency.
    If you want more details, then watch that video I posted. It will open your eyes.

User Info Menu

ETF, I do not disagree with you that the world is moving toward a one world government, with large controllable regions (unions). When you think about it, you can see that it would be very easy for one person to establish complete control, or for a small group to establish complete control.

User Info Menu

The video I posted explains it in much better detail than what I said. But we have about 2 more stages before world dominance; the creation of the unions and then the world bein unified under one banner and currency.

I think it's time the common people educated themselves...the television and delibarate dumbing down of all our 'civilised' cultures is disgusting. This is the time to demand truth.

User Info Menu

i tried to watch it but the first 20 minutes are just psychedlic stuff and i just dont have time, maybe when i have more time

User Info Menu

Yes, the first 20 minutes or so isn't that good. In fact, I wouldn't recommend watching the first section of it. The interesting bits kick in at the second section. The first bit deals with some interesting stuff in the Bible that has been misinterpreted purposefully so that some can have more power.

User Info Menu

when exactly should i start watching it, because i have seen a zeitgeist before and i thought it was cool

Shazane Guest

If they don't get this "new 9/11" done before next November we'll be ok, I hope.

It's very ironic that Aldous Huxley wrote this possible scenario already, and then 20 years later wrote "Brave New World Revisited" claiming that his theory was impossible, yet now we're approaching it.

People really need to stop being idiots about it though... the media is a huge source of this, especially the popular music scene... Entropy's doing its part to incite rebellion, our music needs to take a turn in this direction like it did in the '60s when the government was using Communism as a control method. The power to change, like it always has, lies with the common people, its the only reason the US exists after all, people need to start caring more about their rights!

User Info Menu

Ah I can't stand the self obsessed bands in the mainstream nowadays. The only band that I can think of that are politically active in the mainstream is Muse.

User Info Menu

Default Re: The North American Union

this is why i hate the governement

User Info Menu

bad idea, even if true, there are to many languages for one country. further more, that is just to much landmass to "run" if they were to pick a leader. (which would have to be some family with some sort of bloodline). picking a person would be to much of a problem and almost everybody would want to run.

Next, money is a Big part of our economy, so choosing the currency for "The North American Union" would be a disaster all itself. Paso's, and American tender are different among many ways. the way it is made, counted, and distributed is something of a bigger problem. How would every body get the same money? easy, just go to the bank and they will reimburse you with the current Currency. But what would they do with the tender that no longer has to do with the (old) country, what would they do with it? melt the change, recycle the paper?
    Ask yourself before you read something like that. What would be the overall outcome?
    just my opinion... stupid decision, but good thread. i like debates!!!!

if women don't find you handsome.
    they should atleast find you handy.

User Info Menu

i thought we weren't suposed to talk politics anymore? looks like we need to have some old thread cleaning if thats actually the plan.

but on the subject at hand, eventually there will be no borders or nations, ill be able to walk to ware i want to live settal down and have a good life, theres going to be a lot of death and no ones decided to just take over the world, but when it happens itll fix a lot of problems, and well gain as well as lose a lot of rights.
    play till the day i die. it makes more sense that way.

"You should set up your drums around the toilet. You know you must use it everyday and lets be realistic, nothing better is going on when your sitting on there. Why not take care of business and play the drums." silver dragon sound