Thread: Drum Power!

User Info Menu

Default Drum Power!

So how many of you guys have ever managed to pull the women in with your amazing drumming? (Girls vice versa)

User Info Menu

well im a grl so vica versa, I knew this guy named vince who was 1 year older than me, and he had been playing drums for 3 years. at the time I had been playing for 6. He started to like me (he was REALLY hot, so how could I resist him?) cuz i was better than him, and younger
    Last edited by Lezzledrummer; 08-10-2006 at 05:05 PM.
    -Leslie (aka Lezzle..)

If in any way I show signs of stupidity or lack of intellegence, this is why:

Blond + Drummer =

User Info Menu

that doesnt really fit the question u asked but i thought it was a good story!!
    -Leslie (aka Lezzle..)

Blond + Drummer =

User Info Menu

I've learned through years of playing that some girls just love drummers. Aside from those, I don't think me being a drummer really changes anything (or the way I play). I think if they think you're cute, then they're going to pursue you, and visa versa. Of course "being in the band" increases your chances of scoring about 100%. Ha!

User Info Menu

lol very true, i really hated it once though, i was playing in a hotel for three days in a row at a festival and there was this girl there who i really didn't like! She just wouldn't leave me alone the whole time, thats when it gets annoying.

User Info Menu

Answer to your question. OOOHHH YYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEAAAAAAA. LET"S GO 1 STEP FURTHER. Any comments on girlfriends/boyfriends, husbands or wives,mothers /fathers coming to your gigs? Like it? or Don't like it? Let's here the good stuff. Are we good at creative avoidance? Can we zig and zag, Are we able to leap tall buildings in a single bound.Are we the usual suspects I didn't do it!. Or are you a free spirit single all the time. Freelance. How's your concentration while your playing. I know that there are some comments. Come on fellow drummers. For me and I won't go into it now. New thrend possibly. But I'm not crazy about it all the time.Maybe 1 weekend a month or If it a new club or event. I don't know how some wives/girlfrieds/ can handle hearing pretty much the same music and same vocals night after night. Also the interrogation you get when you get home that night if they don't come. Am i being watched by spies? How about any of those 7 deadly sins. Greed, Envy,Lust etc. Is it better single or settling down and taking care of business with a family and still find time to play. Is being single the better way to go. If your a musician? Women can smell another women. They can tell when there is something afoot at 711. Got to be slick. What a living. FANTASTIC.Anyway. any comments[/I]
    Last edited by Timer; 08-05-2006 at 05:12 PM.

User Info Menu

Default Drum Power!

Since I started serious drumming after I was married, I never had groupies following me at gigs -- but there was one who put two and two together and came up with the wrong number...

A young lady met me when I began taking drum lessons--and when she came in when I was taking a conga lesson, she got excited...so much so that she actually bought a conga drum and found out that I lived a couple blocks up the street from her.

I think she wanted me to give her private lessons, but I also suspected she wanted me to teach her a few other things that had nothing to do with the rudiments...and I wasn't gonna go there! I may have many drums, but I'm a one-woman dude!

BTW, lezzle, I have just discovered you're not a 'bro... my apologies!!!

keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

don't cheat on your spouse...don't leave them sitting around alone at night...don't sell yourself short.....just remember...."strong is good, smart is better, Love is best".....I don't care how much someone loves the drums it can't even compare with the love you share with a spouse...enjoy your music but that's all it is...it doesn't love you back....i believe that the way to true happiness is through Love...not making love or the Emotion love...i'm talking about giving up all of your hopes and dreams to take care of someone else...sacrifice...that's love and that's the path to happiness...music is just a bonus....if you give up a good loving relationship to be with your drums then you won't ever be truly happy....being rich and famous doesn't make us happy...on the other hand...if your music causes others great joy then it would be wrong to stop making music...so i guess what i'm trying to say is that play your music and if someone comes along that you would die for then marry them and take d*** good care of them even if it means giving up everything you ever dreamed of...because our dreams are only human dreams...The thing in life that is most important above all else is Love. the true meaning of life is not where we go it's how we get there...remember...one day we will all be dead and our music will not follow us...however our Love will.

User Info Menu

hey none of the beach boys had steady girlfriends because they didn`t want to leave their best girls home alone (eww why do i know that)
    Oh tell me where your freedom lies
    The street are fields that never die.
    Deliver me from reasons why
    You`d rather cry
    I`d rather fly.

User Info Menu

We're just starting to get out and do gigs so ive gotta write takens on a sign i say gotta cause i recived some very nasty threats from anomous people if i dint...
    PRACTICE SAFE BANGING!!! play drums! My Pearl Session Kit

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bongobro
    ...BTW, lezzle, I have just discovered you're not a 'bro... my apologies!!!

no problem bro lol
    -Leslie (aka Lezzle..)

Blond + Drummer =

User Info Menu

Well said Utopia

User Info Menu

Oh yea!!! Back when I played out (late 80's-early 90's), it was GREAT having chicks at the shows! Chicks ARE drawn to us drummers. Likewise, I was once in a band where all of the other members were females! It was nice being the only guy in a band. At least you know that 99% of the chicks that are checking out the show are looking at you-no competition from other guys... he he he...
    Regal Tip Quantum 3000 nylon tip - my weapons of mass destruction

User Info Menu

...thank you...

User Info Menu

well keep em coming

User Info Menu

Default Re: Drum Power!

Years ago when I was playing clubs in Detroit, Michigan, I broke up with my girlfriend that I had been with for a couple of years. The very next night she shows up at the club we were playing at with some biker dude. They were right out there on the dance floor shakin' it to my beat. I got so pissed that she made a point to show up at that club when there were hundreds of others they could have gone to that I started throwing drumsticks at her on the dance floor during a song (never missed a beat though). Must have thrown about half a dozen. I hit a couple of other people and they started to get pissed as well. Some people were grabbing the sticks off the floor and thought I was just throwing them out for them to grab. Not very professional, but I was pretty green then.

MAPEX - Orion Classic Series / Transparent Diamond Blue
    ROLAND - TD-8, PD-9's, PD-7's
    GIBRALTAR - Rack system
    IRON COBRA - Double pedals
    ZILDJIAN - Custom Z's, Custom A's
    EVANS - Hydraulic heads
    El Cheapo - sticks

User Info Menu

Matt

User Info Menu

Haha I don't attract chicks with my drumming. I wonder what I'm doing wrong
    - Zack

User Info Menu

Seriously...what is with the thread revivals around here lately???
    DW - PEARL - PDP - ZILDJIAN - EVANS - VIC FIRTH

Click for Gear Pics!

DW Collector's Series - Blue Glass - 10, 12, 14, 16, 23
    Pearl Session Custom - Green Burst - 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 22
    PDP CX Maple - Red Glass - 12, 14, 16, 24

Quote Originally Posted by LudwigLifer View Post
    If we had centerfolds for drums,that kit would be in one of them!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RHD03 View Post
    I honestly have no idea.
    - Zack

User Info Menu

I enjoyed the stick throwing story, I'm glad it was brought back up. LOL

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RHD03 View Post
    I revivied the drum shop one yesterday, Looking for something else and found that.

DRUM POWER !!!

i've had it 2 times, First some girl asked the singers fella if i was single and he said i was, i'm married, she kept her eyes on me all night and gave me her number at the end of the night, i threw it in the bin on the way out, 2nd was a few weeks ago we were playing a gig and towards the end 2 girls started dancing and doing girl stuff that you wouldn't normally see girls doing in a local pub, nothing extreme though, fun to watch. When we were loading the van one of the came up to me and asked if she could feel my bum, i said no but i was holding a top speaker so she just starting having a good feel, i had a joke and she let go, i told my wife though, if i didn't tell her and it came up in conversation when she was at a gig she'd kill me!!
    Mark
    Have you got you're ticket for the rock train? You gotta earn that Ticket!!

Premier Genista - Pearl Masters - Primus custom snare - Zildjian A Custom- DW 5000 pedal - Zildjian Zack Starkey sticks

I play lead Drums

User Info Menu

I'm very blessed with a wife that doesn't look at music as a mistress and she trusts me to go out and gig. She comes to some gigs but usually leaves early. I've played with several musicians that quit playing because of a spouses disapproval. Some of them got together because of the one playing in a band.

I've been gigging for 30 years and been married for 29. I'm sure marriage saved my life. I would probably be dead from STD by now if I was single and gigging.

I've been in a couple of bands that have been a real Payton Place.

Anyway, if you want a real chick magnet. When I take my 1 year old grandson out, the gals flock all over me!
    I told the Mrs. if I was single I'd rent a little kid!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ScreaminSGs View Post
    I'm very blessed with a wife that doesn't look at music as a mistress and she trusts me to go out and gig. She comes to some gigs but usually leaves early. I've played with several musicians that quit playing because of a spouses disapproval. Some of them got together because of the one playing in a band.

I've been gigging for 30 years and been married for 29. I'm sure marriage saved my life. I would probably be dead from STD by now if I was single and gigging.

I've been in a couple of bands that have been a real Payton Place.

Anyway, if you want a real chick magnet. When I take my 1 year old grandson out, the gals flock all over me!
    I told the Mrs. if I was single I'd rent a little kid!

Boy, talk about parallel worlds. Brother ?
    Signature here