Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Usernames

User Info Menu

Default Usernames

So, I've been asked a couple of times about my name, and I appreciate the praise it gathers from people, so I thought I'd start a thread about where our names came from. It was mentioned that a similar thread exists, but I'm lazy and couldn't be stuffed looking for it.

Ok, so basically my story isn't quite as interesting as humorous as you might think. Back in High School me and my mates joined up to this online wrestling roleplay wesbite thing. Basically you create a character, spend the week flaming etc... and whoever flames the best is the winner at the weeks end match. These matches were written up by the site administrator as if it was describing an episode of WWE or something. Crazy Man with A Plunger was my character. I created him under the idea of him being a Sting type character (anyone into wrestling in the 90's will remember Sting), but I wanted him to have an unsual weapon - somewhow a plunger came to mind. Years later I have nothing else to do with that website, but for some reason when thinking of a username for this site it popped into my head again, so I ran with it - it's now my username on everything, myspace, youtube, etc...

So what's the source fo your unsername. PdPlayer is pretty obvious,a s are a few others, but surely some of you have a story or reason for your username. Please share so I don't feel lonely
    "What consumes your mind, controls your life" - So, what consumes your mind?

Shazane Guest

Shazane is the main character of my epic fantasy saga, Haretsu Kai

Found here: www.myspace.com/shazanekoronova

User Info Menu

I'm actually an international spy, but I am using the cover of a pastor here. Of course, now that I've told you, I guess I'll have to kill you.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

My name is Vincent Simmons. so Vinnysimmo is quite a natural way of putting the 2 together.

User Info Menu

I was one of the first ones on this forum. I was just tickled that I could put the name "drummer" in and it was available! Ha!

User Info Menu

That's funny, Vinny. When I think of that name, I automatically give it an Italian feel. Vinn-y'-simmo. Think the Godfather movie here! Never thought of it as a simple blending of names!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    I was one of the first ones on this forum. I was just tickled that I could put the name "drummer" in and it was available! Ha!
    Yeah, but it's that "super moderator" thing that makes you a breed apart, Drummer!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    That's funny, Vinny. When I think of that name, I automatically give it an Italian feel. Vinn-y'-simmo. Think the Godfather movie here! Never thought of it as a simple blending of names!
    Funnyly enough there are a some people that call me Vinchenzo. lol

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shazane View Post
    Shazane is the main character of my epic fantasy saga, Haretsu Kai

Found here: www.myspace.com/shazanekoronova
    kinda the same reason as yours, I just use it for all the games I play.. about 4 years ago, a game randomly choose it for me, and it stuck for along time.

User Info Menu

My name is andrew. but three e's are cool
    Paiste Posse
    14inch 2002 series Sound Edge Hi-hats
    16inch and 18inch Signature series Fast crashes
    20inch 3000 series Ride
    18inch PST5 series China

Pearl Forum Series drum set
    Pearl Chad Smith Signature snare(steel shell)
    Tama Iron Cobra Chrome

RIP Frank - You will be remembered

User Info Menu

Kryshah was the name of my first roleplyaying character, an evil mage based loosely on Raistlin Majere. If you don't know who that is, google it! Kryshah@yahoo.com was also my very first e-mail address, and still my primary e-mail. It's also my AIM, YM, and Myspace name. It's unique, and as of yet, noone else has used it, so it's conveniently available.

User Info Menu

Cool Usernames

If you've followed my shouts or posts any length of time, mine's a cinch.

I play set and hand percussion, but given the choice I'll play the hand drums...there's something almost tribal about the sound of well-played bongos, congas, djembes, etc. that I really dig...

And I refer to close male friends as "brothers"--or "bro's" (and that applies particularly when my buddies are also Christians)...so, voila, put "bongo" and "bro'" together and you have--

bongobro!
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

I love drums!
    Drummer Chicks Rule

User Info Menu

Monty Python. Nuff said.
    Today, on Ethel The Frog...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ethel_The_Frog View Post
    Monty Python. Nuff said.
    LOve MP great stuff!

Well I started out here using Chopper_Project which was a user name(or some version of it) that I had used on various motorcyle forums that I was on.

But now, as mentioned in another thread it no longer fit and came up with WorshipHammer. I play at church, thus "The Hammer of GOD". It is kind of a play on the lyrics from one of my Favorite songs "IMMIGRANT SONG" by Led Zeppelin ..."The hammer of the gods".

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Andreeew View Post
    My name is andrew. but three e's are cool
    That made me LOL for some reason.
    When I first made an email address, my brother had to help me because I was only 7 or so, but i thought "YEAH i want an email address for some reason".
    So my brother just came up with jimbolimbo, my name is james, james=jim( not sure where the rest came from) and it was 1999, so there ya have it.
    jimbolimbo99 Mapex Mafia

Mapex M Birch
    Sabian AA and Paragons
    Zildjian A's
    Meinl Generation X
    Dream Lion
    Trick Pro-1V

My band

My Kit

User Info Menu

Cool Usernames

Quote Originally Posted by jimbolimbo99 View Post
    That made me LOL for some reason.
    When I first made an email address, my brother had to help me because I was only 7 or so, but i thought "YEAH i want an email address for some reason".
    So my brother just came up with jimbolimbo, my name is james, james=jim( not sure where the rest came from) and it was 1999, so there ya have it.
    "Jimbo" is a nickname for "Jim", kinda like "Chaz" is a nickname for "Charles" or "Charlie"... "Limbo," of course, is a Caribbean dance that was all the rage in the calypso years in the '50s and '60's (as Chubby Checker would say, "how LOW can you GO?")...

and "Jimbo" rhymes with "Limbo"...so...

cool name, by the way!
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

coke can, it was the first thing in front of me when i couldnt think of any other name

User Info Menu

Well, I'm a chick that loves drums, nuff said And with a name like drum_chick I get a lot of attention LOL

User Info Menu

i pooped myself.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by coke_can View Post
    coke can, it was the first thing in front of me when i couldnt think of any other name
    It still makes me laugh. I love that name! LOL

User Info Menu

Coke can--Ahh, I was kinda wondering how you got the name

Funky-Lol- I had also wondered about yours-I imagined you drumming one night and laying down "one funky" beat and it came from that---now that I know the real answer--I think I will stay with my image Good to see you have sense of humor about it. I wouldn't have admitted it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by funkymcstain View Post
    i pooped myself.

User Info Menu

accually, funky came from my drumming and playing in funk bands. a nickname i have had for forever. m.c. stain came from being silly on my d.j. job. they eventually fused together to become my super alter ego Funky McStain...groover of booty.

User Info Menu

Mine isn't that interesting. I don't play drums (guitar player) but my daughter does. Thus, drummerdad.