Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: the 60`s

User Info Menu

Lightbulb the 60`s

does anyone here wish that they were alive in a different decade i wish i was alive in the sixties Hendrix the Doors all that good stuff
    Oh tell me where your freedom lies
    The street are fields that never die.
    Deliver me from reasons why
    You`d rather cry
    I`d rather fly.

User Info Menu

naw....the grass is always greener on the other side....if u lived back then u would've idolized diff ppl from an even earlier time and wanted to live then...and so on and so forth

User Info Menu

I'm happy with this era. We have ipods, internet, indy music, etc. We could live without aids and being on the brink of a 3rd world war however.

User Info Menu

well i just mean in a musical sense
    You`d rather cry
    I`d rather fly.

User Info Menu

Nah, I agree with drummer. I like all the gadgits they have today in the 21st century. Better drum heads, Electronic Drums, Drum triggers and modules, portable recording equipment. Cool wraps for drums the lists goes on. Besides there was not Classic Rock back then.They had rock & roll but not rock as we know it today. Everything in Rock music was fairly new in the 60", Hendrix, Ozzy, The Who, Stones, The Turtles, Hermons Hermits, The Monkees. R & B was good though. Soul music. Isaac Hayes,Curtis Mayfield, Stevie Wonder, The Temtations. I liked that. I play classic rock and blues mixed with R & B today and have quite a selection of music to chose from.

User Info Menu

in musical sense, id wanna be alive around the time elvis presley was alive. He died in '56, i think... you know, he would be 74 today as of january 8th. Hes one person I would do anything ot meet, but BEFORE he got all hooked on drugs..
    -Leslie (aka Lezzle..)

If in any way I show signs of stupidity or lack of intellegence, this is why:

Blond + Drummer =

User Info Menu

Cool the 60's

drummer's right now is the time but if you want to play that stuff then just down load the music or buy the cd it can be just as much fun to play add your own licks and riffs make it your own. hope that don't offend anyone
    I know some don't like it when you change things, but I like to push the
    boundiers some times.

User Info Menu

Yea i prefer 2 stay in the era with the highest technology even though i cnt meet all these great ppl in musical history that have passed away

User Info Menu

Thing is....we got great people right here right now but you never know it untill 100 yrs later...almost all great people thoughout history were not actually very popular untill they died and people began to appreciate what they were doing...like all those classical artists were poor and even shuned for doing anything different but now they are regarded as inovators in the art of music...so there is no point in going back in time because you wouldn't even know that they were great unless u had seen them from a modern perspective...

User Info Menu

I want to be alive so I could meet johnny cash, elvis presley, (b4 he got all hooked on drugs) freddie mercury (i know, hes gay.... i still like queen though) and aerosmith, ozzy osbourne, black sabbath, rolling stones, ect. while their still young... most of them on drugs though
    -Leslie (aka Lezzle..)

Blond + Drummer =

User Info Menu

i wish i was in the future with cooler technology
    |M|o|u|n|t|a|i|n| |D|e|w| My Anti-Drug

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lezzledrummer
    in musical sense, id wanna be alive around the time elvis presley was alive. He died in '56, i think... you know, he would be 74 today as of january 8th. Hes one person I would do anything ot meet, but BEFORE he got all hooked on drugs..
    Elvis Presley died August 16, 1977...not 1956. Use my Paypal account and go buy a brain...SHEEEEZ! Are YOU on drugs ???
    Last edited by Boo; 08-12-2006 at 01:07 AM.
    BOOOOOO!!!

User Info Menu

jeez sorry didnt know
    i saw '56 somewhere in the elvis bio and figured thats what it was...
    -Leslie (aka Lezzle..)

Blond + Drummer =

User Info Menu

cudnt we go back to the sixtys with all our high tech stuff, sell it, and b incredibly rich instead?then i cud buy a decent drumkit

User Info Menu

that works for me
    -Leslie (aka Lezzle..)

Blond + Drummer =

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Boo
    Elvis Presley died August 16, 1977...not 1956. Use my Paypal account and go buy a brain...SHEEEEZ! Are YOU on drugs ???
    well if u lemme borrow some money ill go get a brain. and a better cell phone, and a better laptop, and some high class drumsticks, a chicken, (dont ask...) and some shoes, (LOTS of shoes...) and some clothes, and maybe even a really hot guy.
    Dont worry, I'll sell the chicken and pay you back
    -Leslie (aka Lezzle..)

Blond + Drummer =

User Info Menu

wow.if ida bin born 20 years earlier it wuda bin '69.how cool is that!!??

User Info Menu

woodstock!
    You`d rather cry
    I`d rather fly.

User Info Menu

Actually I was just joking with you...I have a really weird sense of humor. My wife says that's why I don't have any friends...but I'll always have my drums!
    BOOOOOO!!!

User Info Menu

Default the '60's

The '60's? I've always felt I would have been more at home in the '50's--as a beatnik, man...

Trouble is, if I were in my 20s in the 50's, I'd be pretty darned old at this point!

The other man's grass may look greener, but remember it may be the kind of fertilizer that's being spread around
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Boo
    Actually I was just joking with you...I have a really weird sense of humor. My wife says that's why I don't have any friends...but I'll always have my drums!
    lol i know i was joking too
    lol i feel bad 4 u... u can get some friends here!
    lol at least rock n roll can save ur soul
    -Leslie (aka Lezzle..)

Blond + Drummer =

User Info Menu

Thumbs up Re: the 60`s

HOLA como estas MrMojoRisin*CREATIVE ARTISTIC ARTIST DRUMMER (CAT) ALL time PERIODS Decades ,& ALL the ANCIENT TIME PERIODS ,Are all GREAT within THIS ANCIENT SPIRITUAL ANCIENT ART of MUSIC & ALL DRUMMING & ALL DRUMS ALL PERCUSSION**AS we are HERE NOW AND ALWAYS GAINING KNOWLEDGE from everything From the PAST
    &CREATEING NEW DIMENSIONS within All of WHAT has GIVEN us SO SO VERY MUCH *AS long as the CREATIVE ARTISTIC ARTIST with A VERY OPEN creative ARTISTIC MIND this Will always Be BEYOND FANTASTIC *as WE are
    ARTIST** GRACIAS**

User Info Menu

Default Re: the 60`s

I think we can all agree though going back to the 70s would totally suck musically!

User Info Menu

i loved growing up in the 80s and maturing in the 90s. as for the music of other eras, the good stuff is timeless and still alive and here for us today.

and midgard, the 70s wernt that bad, they brought us alot of good funk and soul music. unfortunate for the world it later became disco.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lezzledrummer View Post
    Elvis died in the mid 70s, my younger sister went to one of his last concerts before he died.

I was born in 1960, and I love the music from that era (and from the 50s as well), thanks to technology all of that music has been preserved for us, to appreciate now, but we shouldn't overlook the new talent that is out there and available to us also.

There is so much we have available today that we didn't have when I was growing up. This made things simpler in a way, but there is so much opportunity available today. We didn't have the internet, color TV, Cable TV, cell phones, Computers were only found in big universities and government offices, etc.
    Last edited by Church Drummer; 03-22-2008 at 10:53 AM.
    Gretsch Catalina Birch 6 piece fusion set (10,12,14,16in. Toms, 22 Bass). Sabian 20" HH Classic Ride, 16" Istanbul Agop Dark Crash, & Zildian K 13" Hi-hats.