Thread: my drums were moved!!!!

User Info Menu

Default my drums were moved!!!!

Our band room was changed around last Sunday. I didn't know anything about it until I walked in. I'm fine with it, it's looks good and some change is good once in a while. It sounds different now but that'll go away.

The room has a rectangular shape and everybody use to be set up along one of the side walls which I grew to accept and work with but now me and the speaker cabinets are on the end wall which I always thought felt more natural. I never mentioned anything about moving stuff around so life is good I guess in the band room for me.

I was kidding about them being moved. They can move em all they want in and out of the car, on and off stage
    Last edited by slinky; 01-21-2014 at 07:34 AM.
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

Default Re: my drums were moved!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by slinky View Post
    They can move em all they want in and out of the car, on and off stage
    i hear you on that one!!
    Have you got you're ticket for the rock train? You gotta earn that Ticket!!

Premier Genista - Pearl Masters - Primus custom snare - Zildjian A Custom- DW 5000 pedal - Zildjian Zack Starkey sticks

I play lead Drums

User Info Menu

Nothing worse than listening to my band complain about helping move drums lol

User Info Menu

Same thing happened to me on Saturday. We practice at our Bass players house, and he decided to move my drums. Only thing was, I noticed this...

Of course, he didn't know anything about it. I know it happened there, because this is the cheap Maxwin kit that I rebuilt just for practice. After assembly in my basement, I moved it to his house....and its never been anywhere else. The claw was actually bent more than is shown. I had to bend it back with pliers just to get the T-rod (which is also bent) to unscrew. Look like something fell over onto the bass drum. Im gonna straighten it out and reinstall it next practice. As soon as I get there, I'll remove the front reso head and check the shell for damage, right there in front of him.

It's a just a cheap kit that I rebuilt specifically for this reason. I understand that accidents happen, but what really makes me mad is not telling me.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by N2Bluz View Post
    Same thing happened to me on Saturday. We practice at our Bass players house, and he decided to move my drums. Only thing was, I noticed this...
    Dislike. :-(

User Info Menu

how could that happen?
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

Good question. It would take a pretty good smack to bend that claw hook. Im guessing he either picked up the base drum and dropped it on the handle of the T-rod, or something fell on it. Funny part is the metal hoop wasn't bent and the lug appears to be fine. I decided it might be a good idea to make sure the all handles on the T-rods are turned parallel with the hoop....just to keep them from getting hooked on things or getting smacked on the end.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Heres a thought for ya: Replace the T-handle tension rods with the square type that a Drum key fits. You will love em - and they dont get accidentally turned when loading or unloading or moving them - in and out of cases etc.
    And they arent abusively expensive.
    Yamaha Oak Custom 22x17 with Brass Kick Port, Brass Hoop Claws,10-12-14 racks, 16 Floor and all toms have Brass Hoops and a Tama Starclassic Bubinga Elite 14x6.5 snare in Quilted Mocha Burst and Black Nickel hardware. All hi-end Zildjian Cymbals - K Dark Thin crashes & splashes, a Zildjian A crash & a Meinl 16" crash, Avedis Zildjian 1964 ride, K Custom hats plus New Beat hats on Closed X-Hat.

If a Man offends thee - - give each of his children a Drum~~~!!!