Thread: Rating Hardware

User Info Menu

Default Rating Hardware

What is the best most practical hardware on the market? Strength, light weight,usablity, take in to account all pieces, pedals, snare stand, hi hat, cymbal stands, tom mounts can your hardware reach and place all your drums with ease and dependability? will your cymbals fall in the middle of a song? My Yamaha hardware is good but i can still find faults with it, the sonor stuff is damm heavy and some placements are tough to accomplish Tama, DW, Pearl what are your thoughts?

User Info Menu

Oh forgot the seat, you have to be comfortable in it for long periods of time or you won't play to your capablilities, nothing like a sore hinny after a gig, been there done that and yet it is often over looked as an important piece of hardware.

User Info Menu

You see my picture? Case closed hehe. Blessings..........

User Info Menu

lots of ppl wouldn't have it any other way lol

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by big daddy View Post
    Oh forgot the seat, you have to be comfortable in it for long periods of time or you won't play to your capablilities, nothing like a sore hinny after a gig, been there done that and yet it is often over looked as an important piece of hardware.
    Not that I've ever played a gig but I have sat at my kit for hours and I never get a sore hiney. I guess that's one benefit of being a female drummer, I don't get a sore hiney because I have more cushion back there LOL

User Info Menu

i like pearls 1000 and 2000 series stands. i think its the best in the biz. the bc2000 boom stand is the most vesital stand i've ever used. however i'm not a huge fan of thier pedals so for kick and hats i use dw5000 (9000 upgrade one of these days)

in my experience, the words light weight and durable dont usually go together. if you are gigging 2 or 3 times a week i would settle for no less than top line heavy duty stands. dw9000 series, tama roadpro, top line sonor and pearls 1000 and 2000 series are all good.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by funkymcstain View Post
    in my experience, the words light weight and durable dont usually go together. if you are gigging 2 or 3 times a week i would settle for no less than top line heavy duty stands. dw9000 series, tama roadpro, top line sonor and pearls 1000 and 2000 series are all good.
    I would concur. You can go with single-braced maybe, but it should still be heavy duty if you want it to hold up. This is particularly for gigging drummers where the hardware takes a beating.

User Info Menu

Nice to see the plugs for Sonor hw . I agree completely with Funky and Drummer. Lightweight and durable absolutely DO NOT go together - double braced is essential for a gigging set and that typically means heavy duty (and heavier) components. I currently use Tama Roadpro hardware - straight, boom, snare and hat stand - that I think are the best I've used. I have a very good, weighted, double braced Percussion Plus boom that I picked up off of Ebay on the cheap which works excellent. Bought a $99 Gammons double bass pedal with dual chain, HD fittings and three springs (and ALWAYS carry spares - I use DW springs). The only reason for the double bass pedal on the cheap is because I'm still learning and not sure if I'm going to continue with the DB - when I'm at that point, I'll step up to an Iron Cobra or similarly built pedal. For the throne, I bought a cheap (and HARD) motorcycle seat with piano style adjustment in the beginning. That lasted about ONE gig cuz, like Big Daddy sez... "nothing like a sore hinney after a gig.". Recently bought a Pacific standard cushy round throne that my back side greatly appreciates!

Stix
    Last edited by Stix518; 09-24-2007 at 11:18 PM.
    Encouragement = Fertilizer for the seed of desire
    & the flower of accomplishment.

Sonor S-Class -Ash

22 Bass, 8, 10, 12, 14 Rack, 16 Floor
    14X5 D454 Chrome Snare
    21 Zildjian Ride, 21 Zilco Crash Ride, 15 Sabian AAX Dark Crash
    14 Sabian XS20 Medium Crash, 13 Sabian El Sabor Splash, 13 Zildjian A Custom Hats
    10 Paiste Twenty Splash, 10 Zildjian A Splash, 6 Zildjian Zilbel
    Tama Iron Cobra 2X Pedal & Hatstand, Pearl Icon Rack

www.myspace.com/stix51861

User Info Menu

by the fact we play similar type shows styx...4 hours most of the time. i know exactly what your saying about the throne. my roc-n-soc is wearin' a bit flat these days and i'm feeling it.

User Info Menu

Geesh, Funky. You know it. I don't have a bunch of padding there to begin with so it was like sitting on cement. Gotta have a bit of padding for the tush! Hey, we play that!!

Stix
    Encouragement = Fertilizer for the seed of desire
    & the flower of accomplishment.

Sonor S-Class -Ash

22 Bass, 8, 10, 12, 14 Rack, 16 Floor
    14X5 D454 Chrome Snare
    21 Zildjian Ride, 21 Zilco Crash Ride, 15 Sabian AAX Dark Crash
    14 Sabian XS20 Medium Crash, 13 Sabian El Sabor Splash, 13 Zildjian A Custom Hats
    10 Paiste Twenty Splash, 10 Zildjian A Splash, 6 Zildjian Zilbel
    Tama Iron Cobra 2X Pedal & Hatstand, Pearl Icon Rack

www.myspace.com/stix51861

User Info Menu

we do too...lol