Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Last Show on Drums?

User Info Menu

Default Re: Last Show on Drums?

Quote Originally Posted by Drumbledore View Post
    Kram....is that you???

LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by kay-gee View Post
    Marko. I can't believe you're "worn out". You are a young man.

all the best...
    I know, Kay Gee. I'm fairly young, only 32 years old. But I've been playing in gigging bands now for over 17 years. It's taken a toll. This will be the first time I'm not in a band since I was 15 years old.

User Info Menu

Just saw your located in Harrisburg, thats cool to know someone from here is close to me. I live in York

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TheHeadlessHorseman View Post
    Just saw your located in Harrisburg, thats cool to know someone from here is close to me. I live in York
    That's cool man. I get down to York every so often. I work in Hbg, live up in Perry county.

User Info Menu

These pictures wouldn't be half as good without the beard. It's been so cold in Wisconsin that my wife hasn't even been asking me when I'm going to shave.
    Mmm... Saturns.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by weezy View Post
    These pictures wouldn't be half as good without the beard. It's been so cold in Wisconsin that my wife hasn't even been asking me when I'm going to shave.
    My wife gave up asking me.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
    Nice.
    Mmm... Saturns.

User Info Menu

Careful Marko, you might get a facial a la Loreena Bobbitt.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    Careful Marko, you might get a facial a la Loreena Bobbitt.
    Rick, have you met my wife? HA! She's definitely threatened me.

User Info Menu

Great pics as always, Marko! Enjoy your retirement, be it temporary or permanent.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Texdrumr View Post
    Great pics as always, Marko! Enjoy your retirement, be it temporary or permanent.
    Thanks Tex. I think I'm going to put a good faith effort into finding a guitar player. It just doesn't feel like it's time to let go of this one.

It's funny, I thought for years that I wanted to be done. Now that that is a reality I don't want to be! HA!

User Info Menu

I think I'm going to put a good faith effort into finding a guitar player. It just doesn't feel like it's time to let go of this one.
    It's funny, I thought for years that I wanted to be done. Now that that is a reality I don't want to be! HA!
    That seems to be common.
    Glad to hear you still have the interest.

With my band, we only played 6 live gigs last year (with a couple of big ones) and even though I'd like more than that, it was cool...........I don't need to play a gig every weekend.

This year might be different -- I was working hard learning 25 or 30 songs last year because I was the new guy -- so I always had plenty to do.
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)

User Info Menu

to be honest i like a rest every now and then from gigging (a week or two) but we gig nearly every week, we have 27 gigs already booked for this year, i did have a 9 month break a few years ago and sold all my gear, i'd had enough, then when i got my senses back i had to buy everything again.
    the rest will be good Marko but don't get rid of your gear, you never know what's around the corner.

All the best. Mark
    Have you got you're ticket for the rock train? You gotta earn that Ticket!!

Premier Genista - Pearl Masters - Primus custom snare - Zildjian A Custom- DW 5000 pedal - Zildjian Zack Starkey sticks

I play lead Drums

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by markthechuck View Post
    to be honest i like a rest every now and then from gigging (a week or two) but we gig nearly every week, we have 27 gigs already booked for this year, i did have a 9 month break a few years ago and sold all my gear, i'd had enough, then when i got my senses back i had to buy everything again.
    the rest will be good Marko but don't get rid of your gear, you never know what's around the corner.

All the best. Mark
    I don't think I'll ever sell my gear. I still have the first bass guitar I bought 17 years ago. I tend to only buy stuff, not sell. LOL.

We only average 1 gig a month, b/c that's all I can handle. I've turned down more gigs in the last 3 years than I've taken. I could be working almost every weekend but choose not to.

User Info Menu

Rick, have you met my wife? HA! She's definitely threatened me.

Be afraid, be very afraid.

Hell hath no fury like a woman who doesn't like a beard.

User Info Menu

Well ya know, my story is different and yet similar...last year the cover band I was in played a lot of gigs....it was ok, but internal strife reigned supreme and we broke up...yay! So now I'm in an originals band, we have 1 set of music, we play really cool places like the Elmocambo, a bar where the Rolling Stones played and recorded some of the "Love you Live" album way back when....we never get paid, and I don't care....I sometimes bring a kit, sometimes not....on Thursday nights I drive 2 miles and jam with some of my buddies....once a month on a Saturday night, I drive 25 miles, jam with another bunch of buddies....the point of this is....I haven't been this happy musically in awhile, so ya just never know!!!!!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by N2Bluz View Post
    Men with beards don't quit.
    Damn straight!