Thread: Scott Rockenfield

User Info Menu

Default Scott Rockenfield

Scott Rockenfield

Drummer: Scott Rockenfield
    Main Style: Progressive Rock
    Main Band: Queensr˙che
    Brief Summary:Scott has been in Queensr˙che since being a founding member in 1982 and is from Seattle,Washington. he also composed and recorded drum tracks for the Activision video game Call of Duty: Black Ops and now does film and movie scores under the name Hollywood Loops.

A few videos of Scott live behind the kit.

Jet City Woman
    http://youtu.be/lVH3uhY7_hA

NM156
    http://youtu.be/mkpqeoN_lgI

Really like the way Queensr˙che has turned things around after firing Geoff Tate.
    Last edited by Shawn76; 02-05-2014 at 09:41 PM.
    8pc Tama Superstar Classic Maple
    Sabian and Zildjian Cymbals

User Info Menu

Default Re: Scott Rockenfield

I really like Scott's drumming. The new QR album is great.

User Info Menu

Shawn, this famous drummers section has a guideline for posting. Will you please follow that guideline?

Thanks!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    Shawn, this famous drummers section has a guideline for posting. Will you please follow that guideline?

Thanks!
    I fixed it the best I can.If needed I can add more.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NPYYZ View Post
    I really like Scott's drumming. The new QR album is great.
    Agreed but it was way to short.I think they have music videos for half the disc already with Ad Lucem being the last one and was more of a mini movie then a music video.The things they have done within 2 years have put them back in the spotlight where they belong.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn76 View Post
    I fixed it the best I can.If needed I can add more.
    It's good, thanks!

User Info Menu

Scott's drumming has been an influence on me for a good few years now after hearing "I Don't Believe In Love" and "Eyes Of A Stranger", his rhythm and timing are impeccable.

User Info Menu

has anyone tried his Rocken Wraps?
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

I was going to for an old Granstar kit I have but I got a new kit instead.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hellwyck View Post
    Scott's drumming has been an influence on me for a good few years now after hearing "I Don't Believe In Love" and "Eyes Of A Stranger", his rhythm and timing are impeccable.
    Eyes of a Stranger is a challenge to play on drums but fun after you get the timing down for it.Scott's drumming si why I always used 2 of the same China's on either side of me,his drumming calls for that and a slightly larger kit then average kit. Take Hold of the Flame is probably my fave to play.

User Info Menu

Pretty much religously played to Queensryche's "Op:Mindcrime" in my mid to late teens. Had that album on a c-90 cassette (it didn't fit on one side, no) and on the other side there were German rockers Bonfire "Fireworks" with Ken Mary on drums.
    So basically, my style is a cross of those to. And some others aswell...
    System of Power

User Info Menu

I just saw Queensryche September 14 here in Portland Maine. Small crowd but they were excellent. Todd was amazing and Scott's drumming was excellent as well. I was glad to see him using both of his kick drums again.

User Info Menu

Well it's been 27 months since Scott Rockenfield has played with Queesnryche. The band still stands by the statement that he is taking a break to be with his new son , now 2 years old , born in March of 2017. Since Scott's departure Ex Kamalot Drummer Casey Grillo has taken over the live drumming duties and Singer Todd LaTorre , also a drummer, plays drums on the bands recent (3rd with him singing) studio album , The Verdict.

My opinion , I think Scott is done. The fact that he didn't want to work on the recent album speaks volumes to me, not wanting to tour to spend time with a new child is one thing but to pass on a studio album is another. If he returns to the band I'll be amazed. Queensryche , one of my favorite band only has two original members left.