Thread: Pearls Redone

User Info Menu

Default Pearls Redone

This is how I'm selling them now.

A Zildjian crash, a Alejian crash, and a Meinl Live Sound ride, along with Meinl MCS hats (with hi-hat stand).

I'm also throwing in a Iron Cobra pedal (single).

The cymbal stands are middle of the road Ludwigs, and a Tama boom stand.

The Iron Cobra is about 2 years old, but only used for about a month because I bought a Speed Cobra.

The crash cymbals were from 1 of my sets. They are both around 40 years old. The Meinl Live Sound ride is anyone's guess on how old it is, but it sounds good and I used it on my vids for 1 1/2 years.

The set is sitting around collecting dust and the other parts I'm never going to use again. I hate to see things go to waste, so they are back on the market as a complete set.

As always, shipping will be a problem.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Pearls Redone

Beautiful set Rick, I'd ask for more info if distance wasn't an issue.
    -Steven

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta View Post
    Beautiful set Rick, I'd ask for more info if distance wasn't an issue.

The shipping would be a lot. I'm really hoping to sell them locally.

I have been looking for a 14" or a 12" up tom and a 16" floor tom for them, but all that turns up on e-bay are 10" toms.

User Info Menu

Beauty!!

User Info Menu

'm just taking offers. Just be sure to watch the other video on them.

User Info Menu

Rick, it is always easy to buy drums but selling is not always easy. I love buying things but selling them I hate. Hope someone bites on that kit man cause it is beautiful and big. Surprised no one around your area to buy them. Did you try to put them on consignment at a local music store.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    Rick, it is always easy to buy drums but selling is not always easy. I love buying things but selling them I hate. Hope someone bites on that kit man cause it is beautiful and big. Surprised no one around your area to buy them. Did you try to put them on consignment at a local music store.

Gilles, I've put out word through a couple of drummers I met here.

There is no rush. It's not the money, it's just that I hate to see them gathering dust.

If they don't sell, I'll keep them and find a different way to mount the up toms so they are closer to the angles of my drum set. That's 1 of the reasons I don't play them much. When I go back to my set, it takes me a while to adjust to the up toms.

Maybe I'll find a different mounting set-up so I can keep the angles the same.

User Info Menu

one hundred dollars

User Info Menu

Very nice. Im sure they will sell.
    So whats so wrong with laughing. Some need to learn to laugh

User Info Menu

Rick man why would you throw in your cymbals of 40 years they are part of your past man. I have Vintage 70's A's and I will never part from them cause they hold too much memory. Just sayin. Still loves those Pearls.

User Info Menu

It may be worth considering selling them as two separate shell packs. I as a 13,16,22 the other as a 10,12,14,22 (I'm guestimating the sizes) and selling the hardware/cymbals separately.

Personally I would list the 2 shell packs on eBay/Craigs List as separate buy it now (will consider offers?) adding a note to the add stating you also have hardware and cymbals available for an additional negotiable fee.

It may be worth trying to sell the Iron Cobra Pedal separately on an almost new - "buy it now" style listing as it has hardly been used.

Pearl Exports are great kits for someone starting out - but a 7/8 piece drum set may be too intimidating for many newbies - most seasoned drummers have jaded appetites and would probably be more interested in high end stuff.

It is a hassle selling separately but if you have the time (and patience to deal with low-ballers) I'm sure this will attract more interest.