Thread: Ping Ride

User Info Menu

Default Ping Ride

I'm looking at purchasing a 20" Zildjian Ping Ride. I am just getting back into playing after a 25 year down time. I never owned a Ping Ride, but I played one and really liked the sound. My question is which new version of that particular ride will sound similar to the Pinf Ride from the early 90's?

Thanks

User Info Menu

Default Re: Ping Ride

I think that the current Zildjian A series Ping Ride should be pretty close, but you could always look around for an actual 90's series Ping Ride for sale somewhere.

That being said, you should always trust your ears. Buying cymbals online is risky business, because two identical cymbals, made at the came factory at the same time, will often sound completely different. Always try before you buy!
    "Guys, if you wanted Superman for this gig, you should have hired Superman. Instead, you got Batman." - Donny Gruendler

"You always think you have more problems than you actually have." - Dave Elitch

Instagram: @bringerofthud
    Twitter:@davetilove

User Info Menu

If you like it, that's all you need to know. I have one, and it's ancient. Sounds spot on compared with a new one.
    "Life is backwards. Happiness isn't something you seek, it's something that finds you when you are doing the right thing." - Zone47

User Info Menu

Get it bro ping rides are the best