Thread: 2 Princes drum cover.

User Info Menu

Default 2 Princes drum cover.

I recorded a few videos Sun. I've seen this song posted several times. I play it a little different than most people. I use both hands on the hat. I might be a little too busy, but that's how I do it. I'd like to thank Shane Roney, he inspired me to make some videos. I hadn't played it for a couple of years, so I had rough time getting it presentable. It's not perfect but it'll do. Let me know what you think.

User Info Menu

Default Re: 2 Princes drum cover.

Great Great Great oh did I say Great really really enjoyed the great drumming on this . Thanks for sharing amazing IMHO smooth flowing and made it look easy

User Info Menu

Besides your snare being completely on the wrong side of the kit I think it's great

Seriously nice job, I would think it is actually much harder and less efficient playing it that way with both hands on the hats and alternating snare hits with left and right hand but if it works for you than thats all that matters.

My only complaint would be that the kick drum is not quite loud enough but that seems to be a common problem on alot of these drum covers played over the MP3 versions I have noticed.

I am starting to delve into the world of recording covers as well and am wondering what type mixer and software your using? Oh yeah and what kind of kit is it? snare sounds pretty good
    Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

Well done.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MDK View Post
    Besides your snare being completely on the wrong side of the kit I think it's great

Seriously nice job, I would think it is actually much harder and less efficient playing it that way with both hands on the hats and alternating snare hits with left and right hand but if it works for you than thats all that matters.

My only complaint would be that the kick drum is not quite loud enough but that seems to be a common problem on alot of these drum covers played over the MP3 versions I have noticed.

I am starting to delve into the world of recording covers as well and am wondering what type mixer and software your using? Oh yeah and what kind of kit is it? snare sounds pretty good
    LOL. Snare on wrong side, love it. I actually turned down the kick a little. I'm pretty new at this. Software? I don't have any. My camera is a Q-3 Zoom. My mixer is a old Pevey 7 Ch. a friend gave me. I've got Equation Alpha series mics. They're budgit mics. But my drums are real good though. Thank for the coments.
    Last edited by Lefty; 03-03-2014 at 08:22 PM.

User Info Menu

Well played! You were spot on and the drums sound great.

User Info Menu

Nice job lefty! I enjoyed that alot.

Now, guys, his snare is not on the wrong side... His hands are just backwards. Duh!
    Stolen from EddieV:
    Boom, ching, boom boom ching, fuggadugga fuggadugga fuggadugga crash. Rinse, Repeat ad-nauseum.

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    Come on Mark. You steal copy. Just look at your signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Texdrumr View Post
    Nothing says 'tough' like a drummer with ducklings on his drums. Ha!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Markadiddle View Post
    Nice job lefty! I enjoyed that alot.
    Thank you.
    Now, guys, his snare is not on the wrong side... His hands are just backwards. Duh!
    LOL that's funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderstruck View Post
    Well played! You were spot on and the drums sound great.
    Thank you. I swear it speeds up durring the guitar solo. I had a hard time playing along with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by not him View Post
    Great Great Great oh did I say Great really really enjoyed the great drumming on this . Thanks for sharing amazing IMHO smooth flowing and made it look easy
    Thanks for the GREAT comments. It made me feel all warm inside. I really struggled with it, played it several times. I use to play it a lot. It's been a couple of years at least.

User Info Menu

Nice, Lefty, very nice.

User Info Menu

Very nice, Lefty. My band started playing this one last year. I shot a video looking out from the drums and couldn't believe how high the adrenalin rush took the tempo for the first performance! Yikes!

Nice job!

User Info Menu

Good stuff Lefty................was just jamming along with this song yesterday.............fun song to jam to

User Info Menu

Great playing. inspired me to go practice. really nicely done.
    We Have nothing to fear but Reefs and Pirates

I tried taking life seriously, didn't much like it so now what I take seriously is living

User Info Menu

Nice! Love that tune.

User Info Menu

Great job Lefty!!

User Info Menu

I noticed a comment about your kick not being loud enough but with a sound system with a 8 inch sub-woofer or larger, your kick sounds really good and its all balanced nicely - your toms come thru deep and righteous. Your drumming is smooth and I love your use of the Hi-hat - - I used to play Disco tunes in the same fashion. Very tastefully done~!
    Yamaha Oak Custom 22x17 with Brass Kick Port, Brass Hoop Claws,10-12-14 racks, 16 Floor and all toms have Brass Hoops and a Tama Starclassic Bubinga Elite 14x6.5 snare in Quilted Mocha Burst and Black Nickel hardware. All hi-end Zildjian Cymbals - K Dark Thin crashes & splashes, a Zildjian A crash & a Meinl 16" crash, Avedis Zildjian 1964 ride, K Custom hats plus New Beat hats on Closed X-Hat.

If a Man offends thee - - give each of his children a Drum~~~!!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Warren Wright View Post
    I noticed a comment about your kick not being loud enough but with a sound system with a 8 inch sub-woofer or larger, your kick sounds really good and its all balanced nicely - your toms come thru deep and righteous. Your drumming is smooth and I love your use of the Hi-hat - - I used to play Disco tunes in the same fashion. Very tastefully done~!
    Wow! Thanks. I tried to mix me with the music, as if it were the real drums. I think my cyms. are a little lacking though. When I turned them up, they sounded distorted. I'm just learning how to mic. I need to experiment with the overheads. In fact this is the 1st time I've used them in a video. On my last videos I didn't have a phantom power supply. Got a used battery powered one for 15 dollars. That might be my distortion issue. Thanks again.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lefty View Post
    I recorded a few videos Sun. I've seen this song posted several times. I play it a little different than most people. I use both hands on the hat. I might be a little too busy, but that's how I do it. I'd like to thank Shane Roney, he inspired me to make some videos. I hadn't played it for a couple of years, so I had rough time getting it presentable. It's not perfect but it'll do. Let me know what you think.
    Great job!!! I really enjoyed it and it wasn't too busy for me.
    That Shane is a great guy, isn't he!

Thanks for sharing!
    Take care and seeya!

Jim

User Info Menu

Solid playing. I liked how you effortlessly went to open hand and back.
    "The chances of being attacked and killed by a terrorist are less than the chances of being attacked and killed by your own heart"
    Carrying the message to Garcia. Today and everyday.
    Temple Beth Snare Buzz-Head Rabbi

User Info Menu

Thanks for the nice comments. Shane is cool.