Thread: drum factory direct - any thoughts?

User Info Menu

Default drum factory direct - any thoughts?

Im getting ready to order brass hoops & brass bass drum claws for my Yamaha Red Oak Custom kit - but before I drop a couple hundred bucks, thought I would ask the populace here if anyone has dealt with them in the past and what their experience was. Seems I remember some drum company that sold parts and pieces and drum kits that didnt deliver the goods but dont remember the name of the company.
    Last edited by Warren Wright; 03-04-2014 at 11:41 AM.
    Yamaha Oak Custom 22x17 with Brass Kick Port, Brass Hoop Claws,10-12-14 racks, 16 Floor and all toms have Brass Hoops and a Tama Starclassic Bubinga Elite 14x6.5 snare in Quilted Mocha Burst and Black Nickel hardware. All hi-end Zildjian Cymbals - K Dark Thin crashes & splashes, a Zildjian A crash & a Meinl 16" crash, Avedis Zildjian 1964 ride, K Custom hats plus New Beat hats on Closed X-Hat.

If a Man offends thee - - give each of his children a Drum~~~!!!

User Info Menu

Default Re: drum factory direct - any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Warren Wright View Post
    Im getting ready to order brass hoops & brass bass drum claws for my Yamaha Red Oak Custom kit - but before I drop a couple hundred bucks, thought I would ask the populace here if anyone has dealt with them in the past and what their experience was. Seems I remember some drum company that sold parts and pieces that didnt deliver the goods...hope this isnt it ...??
    WW,
    I purchased some World Max tom suspension rims from them a few years ago.

I also bought some triple flanged hoops from them recently. Price was good and they had a tracking # ready fairly quickly that I remember. My experience was as I would expect, and I would buy from them again.
    Gretsch Renown RN1 ~ Silver Oyster Pearl

User Info Menu

I appreciate your reply and I decided to go ahead with the purchase..hopefully all will turn out good and soon I will have pics of the kit after the addition of the brass hoops and BD claws. Thanks again for the quick reply~!
    Yamaha Oak Custom 22x17 with Brass Kick Port, Brass Hoop Claws,10-12-14 racks, 16 Floor and all toms have Brass Hoops and a Tama Starclassic Bubinga Elite 14x6.5 snare in Quilted Mocha Burst and Black Nickel hardware. All hi-end Zildjian Cymbals - K Dark Thin crashes & splashes, a Zildjian A crash & a Meinl 16" crash, Avedis Zildjian 1964 ride, K Custom hats plus New Beat hats on Closed X-Hat.

User Info Menu

DFD is a good company to deal with. He is a member at the builders forum I frequent and is always close by, he pays attention and responds to questions/emails quickly.
    click to see my kit re-veneer/finish
    http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...168#post379168

User Info Menu

I just spent $128 with them last week. They had the largest selection of parts in stock and the best prices I could find anywhere. I ordered everything via their on-line process. They shipped everything same day (free shipping over $99) and I received everything on UPS within 2 days. Couldn't have been easier.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by signia fan View Post
    DFD is a good company to deal with. He is a member at the builders forum I frequent and is always close by, he pays attention and responds to questions/emails quickly.

Just a quick note to ya: Marvelous job you did on the Signia kit...~!

User Info Menu

Guys, I really appreciate the response...I just finished the order and got the confirmation so soon I will be posting pics of the "Before and After" pics. They didnt have the same bass drum claws as what came on my kit , so I ordered a claw that had a thin rubber sleeve between the claw and the hoop to protect the finish on the wood hoops ..just hope they look good on the kick drum.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Warren Wright View Post
    Guys, I really appreciate the response...I just finished the order and got the confirmation so soon I will be posting pics of the "Before and After" pics. They didnt have the same bass drum claws as what came on my kit , so I ordered a claw that had a thin rubber sleeve between the claw and the hoop to protect the finish on the wood hoops ..just hope they look good on the kick drum.
    Good choice! DFD is my go to for any new parts. I bought everything for my stave kit and a few customs snares from them. They hand sign every receipt with a thank you. Fantastic company, they are doing it right.
    -Steven

User Info Menu

I can also vouch that DFD is great! Got most of my parts from there and the service was always great, shipping was awesome. I appreciated when a part wasn't in stock, he always contacted me with an expected date. And what I appreciated most was every single order was accurate.
    I'll NEVER buy from drummaker again! Every single order was so jacked up beyond frustration and the bearing edges were just ignorant quickies. Nothing against the guy, just real world experiences.
    A lot of these parts are from DFD and Precision Drum http://www.drumchat.com/album.php?albumid=715

User Info Menu

I bought a bunch of heads, hoops, tension rods and sticks from DFD a while back and had them shipped to New Zealand. Everything went smoothly. I'd recommend them.
    - Zack