Thread: Warrens new look for his kit

User Info Menu

Default Warrens new look for his kit

Going to post some pics of the Visual Upgrade but having problems with Photobucket so will resolve that then post pics
    Last edited by Warren Wright; 03-08-2014 at 01:37 PM.
    Yamaha Oak Custom 22x17 with Brass Kick Port, Brass Hoop Claws,10-12-14 racks, 16 Floor and all toms have Brass Hoops and a Tama Starclassic Bubinga Elite 14x6.5 snare in Quilted Mocha Burst and Black Nickel hardware. All hi-end Zildjian Cymbals - K Dark Thin crashes & splashes, a Zildjian A crash & a Meinl 16" crash, Avedis Zildjian 1964 ride, K Custom hats plus New Beat hats on Closed X-Hat.

If a Man offends thee - - give each of his children a Drum~~~!!!

User Info Menu

Default Re: Warrens new look for his kit

Having lots of fun trying to post pics using the "Insert Image" thing.
    This is a pic showing one of the Brass hoops I put on my Yamaha Oak Customs early this morning

Great pic but it wont show up. I just love this process.
    Last edited by Warren Wright; 03-08-2014 at 01:49 PM. Reason: Pic will not show unless you click on the Question mark
    Yamaha Oak Custom 22x17 with Brass Kick Port, Brass Hoop Claws,10-12-14 racks, 16 Floor and all toms have Brass Hoops and a Tama Starclassic Bubinga Elite 14x6.5 snare in Quilted Mocha Burst and Black Nickel hardware. All hi-end Zildjian Cymbals - K Dark Thin crashes & splashes, a Zildjian A crash & a Meinl 16" crash, Avedis Zildjian 1964 ride, K Custom hats plus New Beat hats on Closed X-Hat.

User Info Menu

Go back to any photo in your Photobucket library.
    Click on the photo to select it.
    On the right hand pane are 4 link boxes. If you simply click in the Image Link box (bottom one) it should turn yellow and show copied. But it won't display that for long so as you click the box, wait for the word copied to display so you have it "on your clipboard." Then open a new post in Drum Chat, right mouse click and select paste or on the keyboard hold the CTRL key and tap the V to paste the link into the new post.

If you want to be sure it worked, use the preview button to proof your post before hitting post.

Last edited by Bish; 03-08-2014 at 02:18 PM.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

That sounds so difficult to do Bish. Would it not be easier to just go into my pictures and bring it to your profile album and from there copy the code and paste into your post. That's how I do it and it works every time.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pearl mcx man View Post
    that sounds so difficult to do bish. Would it not be easier to just go into my pictures and bring it to your profile album and from there copy the code and paste into your post. That's how i do it and it works every time.
    +1
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    That sounds so difficult to do Bish. Would it not be easier to just go into my pictures and bring it to your profile album and from there copy the code and paste into your post. That's how I do it and it works every time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo View Post
    +1

If I can do PhotoBucket, anyone can.

Although this is what I looked like after my 1st attempt.

User Info Menu

Now thats a face ya cant help but love~!!

User Info Menu

Warren, when on Photobucket, click on "IMG" code for the image that you want, then simply copy it into your post. The image will appear when you hit "Post Quick Reply."

I took care of the last one for you.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

That looks really nice, Warren.

Makes me consider doing my Black Magic in brass.

User Info Menu

Here are the pics of my Yamaha Oak Custom 6 piece kit with Brass Tom Hoops and Brass bass drum hoop claws and one pic of the kit "Before" the Brass.

http://www.drumchat.com/album.php?al...pictureid=8389

http://www.drumchat.com/album.php?al...pictureid=8388

http://www.drumchat.com/album.php?al...pictureid=8385

User Info Menu

Very nice! Really brings it up to a whole different level. I love it when kits have a few select brass pieces for accent. Really looks nice with both chrome and brass (IMO). I'd love to put brass hoops on my Maxwin kit, but it would be rather pricey and....well...it's a Maxwin kit.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Beautiful! What an awesome transformation.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Warren Wright View Post
    Here are the pics of my Yamaha Oak Custom 6 piece kit with Brass Tom Hoops and Brass bass drum hoop claws and one pic of the kit "Before" the Brass.

http://www.drumchat.com/album.php?al...pictureid=8389

http://www.drumchat.com/album.php?al...pictureid=8388

http://www.drumchat.com/album.php?al...pictureid=8385
    Are you going to put brass accents on the step-ladder you use to reach your cymbals?

User Info Menu

@Jarhead - that was hilarious~!!!.

And for those who might have wondered - - - the cost of the hoops plus the kick drum hoop claws was less than $180.00...and the hoop sizes are : 10" - - 12" - - 14" - - 16".
    Those kick drum hoop claws are really neat because they have a rubber gasket between the claw and the wood hoop and it has a rubber tube inside the claw that isolates the tension rod from the metal claw and they have a deep indention so the tension rods dont stick out and catch on stuff and made so a drum key can fit in the indention as well and turn the tension rod easily.
    For those who are curious as to where I picked up these items, PM me and I will be glad to give you the name of the supplier.

User Info Menu

Kit looks great Warren! Definitely gave it a whole new look.
    "it is what it is"

"Dont rent anything you cant afford to burn in the backyard while drunk." - ThePloughman

User Info Menu

Nicely done Warren! Very classy look!!

User Info Menu

Here you go:

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jarhead View Post
    Are you going to put brass accents on the step-ladder you use to reach your cymbals?
    Maybe he is really tall with long arms?

Anywho... Those rims look really nice, Warren. They accent the red nicely. Very classy looking!
    Stolen from EddieV:
    Boom, ching, boom boom ching, fuggadugga fuggadugga fuggadugga crash. Rinse, Repeat ad-nauseum.

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    Come on Mark. You steal copy. Just look at your signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Texdrumr View Post
    Nothing says 'tough' like a drummer with ducklings on his drums. Ha!

User Info Menu

I never really noticed how high the splashes look - guess I will have the wife take a pic of me in the drivers seat. From my view from the throne, everything is easily within reach without overextending my arms.