Thread: My bands debut LIVE performance

User Info Menu

Default My bands debut LIVE performance

Well finally it has happened, my band Wide Eyed Coma is playing out first live show on Oct 13th, I am very excited about it, anyway just felt like sharing, wish you all could make it, I will be recording it, so I will post the video after the show, anyway wish us luck.

User Info Menu

Congrats Kev! I'm really happy for you..... Can wait to see the video!

User Info Menu

Way to go Kevin! I'm sure you'll have a good time. I mean, you've playing in front of people, and they want to have a good time. You'll help them do that, and all will be good!

I'm looking forward to the vid, too!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Thanks guys

User Info Menu

thats so cool man, i hope it all goes well. oh and btw, oct 13th is my b-day!

User Info Menu

cool man, what kind of show? other bands? opening or headlining? what kind of setup are you going with?...ect. i have an important show the night before.
    we are playing the finals of the "cover wars" in kansas city. it is a big battle of the "cover bands". if we win that our price get hiked up by quite a bit after the first of the year.

User Info Menu

yaaay congrats kevin. next you have to come play one out hear.
    play till the day i die. it makes more sense that way.

"You should set up your drums around the toilet. You know you must use it everyday and lets be realistic, nothing better is going on when your sitting on there. Why not take care of business and play the drums." silver dragon sound

User Info Menu

i hope all go well

good luck brother

R.i.P. FRANK YOU WILL BE REMEMBER AS A GENTLEMAN

how to attach an image http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ures-7721.html

FRENCHY

User Info Menu

Good luck man! Ill wait for the vid!
    Paiste Posse
    14inch 2002 series Sound Edge Hi-hats
    16inch and 18inch Signature series Fast crashes
    20inch 3000 series Ride
    18inch PST5 series China

Pearl Forum Series drum set
    Pearl Chad Smith Signature snare(steel shell)
    Tama Iron Cobra Chrome

RIP Frank - You will be remembered

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by funkymcstain View Post
    cool man, what kind of show? other bands? opening or headlining? what kind of setup are you going with?...ect. i have an important show the night before.
    we are playing the finals of the "cover wars" in kansas city. it is a big battle of the "cover bands". if we win that our price get hiked up by quite a bit after the first of the year.
    Hey funky, hope your shows rocks, just do what you guys do, and show them who is boss.

Basically this is a big festival, there will be about 15-20 other bands, and it is being well advertised, show it should be a pretty good turn out.
    We have a mid slot at 1pm, show starts at 11am.
    I think I am going to take just my four piece set-up, with probably 3 crashes, 2 chinas, 2 splash cymbals and my hats and ride(I quess most of my cymbals, not all but most).
    I am so ready to do this, it has been WAY to long, I am so amped up, I can't wait.
    anyway man goodluck with your show.

User Info Menu

Thanks alot everyone, wish you all could be there, but I will be making a video of it, so I will post it, PEACE OUT HOMIES

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lafirin View Post
    thats so cool man, i hope it all goes well. oh and btw, oct 13th is my b-day!
    Sweet man.

User Info Menu

Default Congrats

I saw on the bands site you are looking for a singer. Did you get one for the gig ?
    E Drums !! !

There are no loud instruments just loud players !

Protect Your Hearing !!!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 2slow View Post
    I saw on the bands site you are looking for a singer. Did you get one for the gig ?
    Our guitar player is going to carry on that duty, but we are still looking.

User Info Menu

sounds sweet, i wish i had a band to do that with

User Info Menu

Congrats on your gig, hope it all goes well. Looking forward to the vid.

User Info Menu

Wow, PDP, that is awesome! You'll do fantastic, I just know it! Remember, just have fun, don't worry about anything but the music. Kick some a$$ and take some names!

Stix
    Encouragement = Fertilizer for the seed of desire
    & the flower of accomplishment.

Sonor S-Class -Ash

22 Bass, 8, 10, 12, 14 Rack, 16 Floor
    14X5 D454 Chrome Snare
    21 Zildjian Ride, 21 Zilco Crash Ride, 15 Sabian AAX Dark Crash
    14 Sabian XS20 Medium Crash, 13 Sabian El Sabor Splash, 13 Zildjian A Custom Hats
    10 Paiste Twenty Splash, 10 Zildjian A Splash, 6 Zildjian Zilbel
    Tama Iron Cobra 2X Pedal & Hatstand, Pearl Icon Rack

www.myspace.com/stix51861

User Info Menu

Sooooooo, How'd you do??

Stix
    Encouragement = Fertilizer for the seed of desire
    & the flower of accomplishment.

Sonor S-Class -Ash

22 Bass, 8, 10, 12, 14 Rack, 16 Floor
    14X5 D454 Chrome Snare
    21 Zildjian Ride, 21 Zilco Crash Ride, 15 Sabian AAX Dark Crash
    14 Sabian XS20 Medium Crash, 13 Sabian El Sabor Splash, 13 Zildjian A Custom Hats
    10 Paiste Twenty Splash, 10 Zildjian A Splash, 6 Zildjian Zilbel
    Tama Iron Cobra 2X Pedal & Hatstand, Pearl Icon Rack

www.myspace.com/stix51861

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Stix518 View Post
    Sooooooo, How'd you do??

Stix
    We rocked the first show, I am so proud of my band, we owned that stage yesterday(yes I am tooting my horn), and we play again today, and we got moved up to play just before a national touring band that is coming in called I am the Ocean( http://www.myspace.com/iamtheocean), instead of opening the show, so that made us feel very good, I forgot to record our show yesterday, but I have a cameraman to film us today.

BTW I frickin LOVE my drums, god they sounded so good yesterday.

User Info Menu

Cool My band's debut LIVE performance!

Quote Originally Posted by Pdplayer View Post
    We rocked the first show, I am so proud of my band, we owned that stage yesterday(yes I am tooting my horn), and we play again today, and we got moved up to play just before a national touring band that is coming in called I am the Ocean( http://www.myspace.com/iamtheocean), instead of opening the show, so that made us feel very good, I forgot to record our show yesterday, but I have a cameraman to film us today.

BTW I frickin LOVE my drums, god they sounded so good yesterday.
    Go for it, bro'! Keep us posted!
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

I will, I will post the vid tomorrow, thanks guys.

User Info Menu

Can't wait to see it PDP!
    Thats the way, uh huh, uh huh, I like it.

User Info Menu

rock on man. cant wait to see the footage
    play till the day i die. it makes more sense that way.

"You should set up your drums around the toilet. You know you must use it everyday and lets be realistic, nothing better is going on when your sitting on there. Why not take care of business and play the drums." silver dragon sound

User Info Menu

Basically this is a big festival, there will be about 15-20 other bands, and it is being well advertised, show it should be a pretty good turn out.
    I think I am going to take just my four piece set-up, with probably 3 crashes, 2 chinas, 2 splash cymbals and my hats and ride(I quess most of my cymbals, not all but most).
    I am so ready to do this, it has been WAY to long, I am so amped up, I can't wait.

Hey PD Player.... I'm curious what festival yall played up in Washington. I've been to a few up in your neck of the woods.Take care now and I'll be looking for your video. Blessings..........
    Last edited by middleman; 10-15-2007 at 01:46 AM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by middleman View Post

Hey PD Player.... I'm curious what festival yall played up in Washington. I've been to a few up in your neck of the woods.Take care now and I'll be looking for your video. Blessings..........
    It was just a local fest called the end of summer fest, just a bunch of local bands and two national touring bands, it was a busy, but very fun weekend, and we rocked the house, sunday.

I posted a new thread under the general chat section, check it out.