Thread: Chris Daughtry

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

User Info Menu

Default Chris Daughtry

does anyone know the exact hi-hat this bands drummer uses?

User Info Menu

Sorry Laf, I've been looking all over the net for this and I haven't been able to find anything........

User Info Menu

thanks for the reply DC! iv looked all around to but.. cant find a thing.

User Info Menu

I'll keep my eyes and ears open........

User Info Menu

As I assumed, he's a Paiste artist and uses the 14" Signature Dark Crisp's that I'll be purchasing soon enough. Josh Freese also plays for A Perfect Circle, here's his setup...
    http://www.paiste.com/artists/viewen...endorserid=515
    www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy

User Info Menu

holy cow how did u find that man.

User Info Menu

oo.. btw, in his music video, he is using sabian cymbals.. i didnt see his hi hat, but u can see the crash cymbal.. so mabye thats a different set up ur talkin about.

User Info Menu

OK, I can hardly find out anything on this Joey Barnes dude period, let along his cymbal setup
    "What consumes your mind, controls your life" - So, what consumes your mind?

User Info Menu

Actually, at exactly 2:07 the drum kit can be seen and on the crash it looks like the Zildjian symbol to me.

User Info Menu

Ok, kept watching and paused at 2:39 - definately Zildjian, can see it clearly on the hi-hats themselves. You can recongize the 'Z' anywhere. Don't beleive me, take a look

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sk2D8...related&search=

That being said, he is not on the artist list on the Zildjian website, so that makes it extra hard to figure exactly what setup he is using.

User Info Menu

i didnt watch this video. I think your right there plundger! now i can listen to a song and listen in on what hi hat is soundin like oh btw.. if you check this song if you want, look for the sabian cymbal.. hes using one definatly.. thats all i can see though.

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

well if its josh freese i think isnt he nin's drummer? maybe check out them on youtube orsomething, or a perfect circle performance..

i know sometimes if you buy the cd in the liner notes the drummer thanks specific companies, id check there, it usually tells you what they use

User Info Menu

Well I know for a fact that Freese did all the recordings on his Daughtry's first album, and was a Paiste artist at the time. Oh and I got the info from Paiste.com. If you go to there artists section and look him up, you'll see that he did the Chris Daughtry album.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 32ndHeartBeat View Post
    Well I know for a fact that Freese did all the recordings on his Daughtry's first album, and was a Paiste artist at the time. Oh and I got the info from Paiste.com. If you go to there artists section and look him up, you'll see that he did the Chris Daughtry album.
    The only place I managed to find crediting Josh Freese is wikipedia. I actually couldn't find it on the Paiste website anywhere, not sure how you did. Even the daughtry website doesn't make mention of him. What I do know is that the actual drummer for the band is Joey Barnes, someone that no one seems to know about at all. Actually, using wikipedia, none of the band members were used to record the album. I hope that info at least came from the CD jacket (which I don't have to check against, so I couldn't say)

User Info Menu

This is what I found on Wikipedia that mentions him working sessions and recording all the tracks on Daughtry's album.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daughtry_(band)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 32ndHeartBeat View Post
    This is what I found on Wikipedia that mentions him working sessions and recording all the tracks on Daughtry's album.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daughtry_(band)

This is where I saw it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daughtr...lbum_musicians

User Info Menu

Yea, it says right in the album musicians section that he played. I'm not quite sure if you could find exactly what cymbals he used during the recording, especially now that I analyzed his Paiste profile more. I think he may have switched to Sabian after playing with Sting.

User Info Menu

It says he has been with Paiste since 2003 yeah? That album was recorded last year so he would ahve been using Paiste, BUT, since it was a studio production, most likely it wasn't his personal kit, but instead a studio kit. For all we know he was playing a yamaha studio custom with Meinl cymbals.

This is the thing when the record company has full control, it makes it hard for us guys. Hell, even his band are just hired musos.