Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why?

User Info Menu

autobot, I think LOL

User Info Menu

ok just had to make sure optomis prime is a good friend of mine so you picked right.
    play till the day i die. it makes more sense that way.

"You should set up your drums around the toilet. You know you must use it everyday and lets be realistic, nothing better is going on when your sitting on there. Why not take care of business and play the drums." silver dragon sound

User Info Menu

LOL, I know my transformers! LOL

User Info Menu

ok hears the story behind that my friend colton is obsessed with transformers and made us wait in line for the midnight showing. but on the first day of school this year he wore an optomis prime talking helmet and tranforming gun arm. when the administration stoped him and asked who he was he pushed the button the helmet said "i am optomis prime." he fired the gun and we ran our butts of. later while sitting in the police offesers ofice at my school we decided that was stupid and then they let us go with no problem cuz there were 18 of us there when it happened and no one saw anything at all.
    play till the day i die. it makes more sense that way.

"You should set up your drums around the toilet. You know you must use it everyday and lets be realistic, nothing better is going on when your sitting on there. Why not take care of business and play the drums." silver dragon sound

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummerdavie View Post
    ok hears the story behind that my friend colton is obsessed with transformers and made us wait in line for the midnight showing. but on the first day of school this year he wore an optomis prime talking helmet and tranforming gun arm. when the administration stoped him and asked who he was he pushed the button the helmet said "i am optomis prime." he fired the gun and we ran our butts of. later while sitting in the police offesers ofice at my school we decided that was stupid and then they let us go with no problem cuz there were 18 of us there when it happened and no one saw anything at all.
    Funny...... I had some interesting times when I was in school too (a long time ago LOL).

User Info Menu

Only one actual repsonse has been about the problem, well, davie had a couple of suggestions too, but i'm not sure if the laws of physics will allow it.

32 was right (mostly). Muscle memory is a big part of it. But there is a little more to it. Actually knowing what techniques it requires to create those patterns and sounds and fills is also a part of it. So over time, as you learn more techniques, you arm yourslef with more tools to use to create those sounds. Also, in your head it is up to speed but if you can't play at that speed yet, then no matter what you won't think you can't do it. The TRUTH however is you could do it slower and then build it up as it gets more comfortable and easy. To quote Rob Schneider in almost EVERY Adam Sandler film, YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!! (said with a gravely, mexican sounding accent of course).
    "What consumes your mind, controls your life" - So, what consumes your mind?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drum_chick View Post
    Yes, this did go totally off track. That's what RD does best LOL

I thought what I do best is pretend to be asleep on the couch while breaking wind?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Roaddebris View Post
    I thought what I do best is pretend to be asleep on the couch while breaking wind?
    ROFLOL!!!!!! That too!

User Info Menu

Cool Why?

Quote Originally Posted by drum_chick View Post
    Close; spam, canned corn and yoohoo.......
    worse yet: SPAM, creamed corn, and generic (yellow-label) diet cola!

NOW, BACK TO THE TOPIC!

A lot of it comes from practice--that is the ability to think up a cool rhythm in your head and then translating it to your hands, sticks and feet.

And relaxing behind the drums...if you aren't relaxed, the tension's going to show when you play. I'm getting to the point that I don't care who watches me drumming on the steering wheel when I'm at a stop light...because the more comfortable I am with drumming away from the lesson, the more comfortable I am behind the kit or behind the congas...

Hang in there, Susan!
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

Thanks BB and Crazy

User Info Menu

Uhhhm...
    How did you become a mod, Sue? lol
    Congrats!
    www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 32ndHeartBeat View Post
    Uhhhm...
    How did you become a mod, Sue? lol
    Congrats!
    Drumchat is growing, they needed help and asked me if I'd like to mod.

User Info Menu

Really it's because her and drummer have offically started "seeing" each other after months of endless flirting.

:toungue:

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bongobro View Post
    I'm getting to the point that I don't care who watches me drumming on the steering wheel when I'm at a stop light...because the more comfortable I am with drumming away from the lesson, the more comfortable I am behind the kit or behind the congas...
    BB, I like that! You are absolutely right. If I can't drum on my steering wheel because I worry that people might see me, how would I feel on a stage? An excellent point, and I'll never see my steering wheel the same way again! Nor any of the air drumming that I do! Thanks!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by crazymanwithaplunger View Post
    Really it's because her and drummer have offically started "seeing" each other after months of endless flirting.

:toungue:
    LOL!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by crazymanwithaplunger View Post
    LOL... Yea, I make all my "special girls" moderators. That's why Pastor Bob is now a moderator too!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    LOL... Yea, I make all my "special girls" moderators. That's why Pastor Bob is now a moderator too!
    I knew you two had something special going on! I'm jealous!!!!!

User Info Menu

Ha! H! Pastor Bob is a special girl.

User Info Menu

Finally! Now I can get in on the Female drummer thread! LOL
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    Finally! Now I can get in on the Female drummer thread! LOL
    We're waiting............

User Info Menu

I'm waiting to see what the perks are for being a "special girl!"

User Info Menu

LOL....... You'll have to ask drummer

User Info Menu

Yay, your stats changed, you're a Mod!

User Info Menu

Oh drummer!!!!!

User Info Menu

Lol!!!!!!