Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Your Dogs

User Info Menu

Default Your Dogs

Tell us about your dog! Do you have one?

Over 40 Tips for Dogs

-

User Info Menu

Default Re: Your Dogs

Ava - Australian Cattle Dog with some Husky. Sweetest girl ever.

User Info Menu

I have three......two Chiweenies (Half Chihuahua/Dachshund) and one really big dopey Black Lab named "Thunder".

Quick video of them.....the lab does something classy.

https://vimeo.com/89337755
    "The problem with information on the Internet is that you can not validate it's authenticity. " -Abraham Lincoln

SILVERFOX DRUMSTICKS & SOULTONE CYMBALS Endorsing Artist.

User Info Menu

We are dog nuts I suppose.

When my sweetheart and I met nearly six years ago, she had a Belgian Tervuren (The long haired variant of a Belgian Shepherd.) Good old Tinde is still with us, he will celebrate his 13th birthday this summer. He is a sweet old dog. She had gotten him as a puppy.

My ex-wife and I adopted a rescued five year old Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier named Bridget in 2005. When we divorced, the pooch came with me. Bridget was the likely the smartest dog that I've ever known. She passed away December 12th of last year, a couple of months short of her 14th birthday.

Her is a picture of our Bridget taken at the 2009 St. Patrick's Day parade. It's probably my favorite photo of her.

This past Sunday we adopted another Wheaten, this time a six year old named Daisy. I drove down to Columbia Maryland to get her. She has a totally different personality than Bridget, but she is a great addition to our family.

Here is a photo of Daisy and I when I picked her up.

So yes, we are a little dog crazy. I'm a big believer in rescue.
    -Mike

"We don't stop playing because we grow old.
    We grow old because we stop playing."

"I wish that my playing reminded people of Steve Gadd. But they seem to confuse me with his little known cousin... E."

"Snare drums happen."

User Info Menu

Here is my puppy rotty named Karma, is'nt she cute?

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

My now old leather couch
    [IMG][/IMG]

No doubt who did it, thats foam stuck in her collar. she is 2 now and getting a lil less destructive. Note the Glass coffee table, we used to own a nice wooden one : )
    [IMG][/IMG]

We also have a rescue rottie we just got and will post pics of him later
    Last edited by MDK; 03-22-2014 at 08:22 AM.
    Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

This is Jazz my Pure Bred German Shepherd.
    6 weeks old

1 1/2 years old

2 years old

User Info Menu

We have 2 dogs right now. One of them is a Chipuguwa. Part Aztec Chiwahawa, but mostly Pug. He's a riot. Loves people and most other dogs. Has a bad case of ride sickness. If you aren't quiet wish your keys, he's right there ready to go for a ride.

We have a new member to the family. He's my sons dog. I haven't met him yet as the wife and I am downstate for treatments. He's having a problem with potty training sense it's so cold up there right now.
    Custom Classic Pro Maple 6
    8",10",12",13" Mounted Toms
    (2)14",16" Floor Toms
    22" x 18" Kick
    6",8",10" Roto Toms
    14" x 6.5" Mapex Black Panther Snare
    13" x 3" Pearl Piccolo Snare
    Sabian: 13" Paragon Hats
    14" HH X Hats
    22" Paragon Ride
    (2) 16" Paragon Crashes
    20" Paragon Crash
    18" Paragon Crash
    20" Paragon Small Flange China
    19" Paragon China
    Wuhan:20"with gingles
    8",10" Splash
    Roc N Soc Lunar
    DW 8002B Pedals
    Tambourine
    Cowbell
    Sabian Squad

C C Militia

User Info Menu

Not sure if I want to get started in this thread, LOL. We have 9 dogs. Every one of them is a rescue. My wife works for the local Humane Society and does all their behavior assessment and training programs. I volunteer there and donate a lot of time and labor doing things like building custom shelving, repairing fencing, etc.. We also have a special area in our basement where we foster special needs, like new-born puppies with no mother. Most of our own dogs had serious behavior or health issues and were unadoptable and destined to be euthanized.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by N2Bluz View Post
    Not sure if I want to get started in this thread, LOL. We have 9 dogs. Every one of them is a rescue. My wife works for the local Humane Society and does all their behavior assessment and training programs. I volunteer there and donate a lot of time and labor doing things like building custom shelving, repairing fencing, etc.. We also have a special area in our basement where we foster special needs, like new-born puppies with no mother. Most of our own dogs had serious behavior or health issues and were unadoptable and destined to be euthanized.
    Go ahead man show them this is what this post is about

User Info Menu

Btw both pound puppies.
    Last edited by Northern Redneck; 03-22-2014 at 01:20 PM.

User Info Menu

A truly awful picture in terms of image quality, but I snapped my two Pembroke Welsh Corgis just a few seconds ago with my camera phone...and the pose was amazing! That's Griffin on the left (4 1/2 years), Violet (1 1/2 years) on the right They are both 'fluffies', which is a coat 'fault' for show Corgis, but they are beautiful, no matter what.

Last edited by cabasner; 03-22-2014 at 12:34 PM.
    Now, just a tiny bit less than an absolute drum newbie
    DW Collectors Cherry kit, Ludwig Black Beauty Snare, DW SuperSolid Oak/Cherry Snare, DW Sabian Vault Edge Snare

User Info Menu

...We have 9 dogs. Every one of them is a rescue. My wife works for the local Humane Society and does all their behavior assessment and training programs. I volunteer there and donate a lot of time and labor doing things like building custom shelving, repairing fencing, etc.. We also have a special area in our basement where we foster special needs, like new-born puppies with no mother. Most of our own dogs had serious behavior or health issues and were unadoptable and destined to be euthanized.
    You and your wife are my heroes! I've decided that the next dog we get will be a rescue of some sort. Too many unloved, unwanted animals in this world...
    Now, just a tiny bit less than an absolute drum newbie
    DW Collectors Cherry kit, Ludwig Black Beauty Snare, DW SuperSolid Oak/Cherry Snare, DW Sabian Vault Edge Snare

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummer5359 View Post
    I'm a big believer in rescue.
    Me too.

Beautiful dogs guys!

User Info Menu

Thank Goodness we have people like you. Just because people screw up there animals doesn't mean most cant be saved and become great additions to a family

User Info Menu

Cant show mine as she is no longer with me.Journey was a Nova Scotia Duck Tolling retriever That loved the water and didn't have a bad bone in her. So miss that dog.When I met my ex and we ,. to make long story short she locked her in laundry room all day. So I gave her up to friends who lived in the country side at the time.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cabasner View Post
    You and your wife are my heroes! I've decided that the next dog we get will be a rescue of some sort. Too many unloved, unwanted animals in this world...
    Quote Originally Posted by not him View Post
    Thank Goodness we have people like you. Just because people screw up there animals doesn't mean most cant be saved and become great additions to a family
    Thanks guys! I can't even describe the demands it puts on us, financially and socially. Its literally like having 9 kids. I spend $300-$400+ per month easy on our dogs. Many of them are on special diets and meds. Then, there's always the vaccinations, heartworm prevention and Vet bills. I have $2K to $3K in Vet bills per year. Then there's all the related expenses like paper towels, cleaning supplies, etc.. I spend a ton of time doing yard work repair and probably 2-3 hours per day walking dogs. My wife spends 99% of her free time cleaning, giving dog baths, grooming and washing dog bedding and towels.... I'm on my 3rd washing machine in a under a year, LOL.

Everyone tells my wife "You can't save 'em all", but she is determined to give it her best shot. It gets frustrating at times when I realize that my entire personal life revolves around dogs. Or when I walk into the garage to find a 60Lb dog laying on the roof of my Mustang and chewing on my new Dewalt drill, LOL. But...I love them all and I love my wife, and it's her life's work.
    -Brian

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Here is my Frosty.

N2Bluz, much respect. I'm involved, but it's more on the donations side.

This is a dog, Jimmy, from a rescue shelter in California. The "man" (punk) that owned him beat him so bad that they had to raise $4000 for a operation on his legs, and he still has kidney damage. He has to wear a diaper. I thought seriously about adopting this pup, but at about $12,000 a year in vet costs, I don't know if I'd be able to swing that. I do know that he's in good hands. I want 5 minutes alone with the bum that did this.

User Info Menu

You and your wife are heroes in my book!
    -Mike

"We don't stop playing because we grow old.
    We grow old because we stop playing."

"I wish that my playing reminded people of Steve Gadd. But they seem to confuse me with his little known cousin... E."

"Snare drums happen."

User Info Menu

6 Pot cakes!

(Bahamian Mongrels)

3 born under the house, 3 wandered in from the bushes nearby.

all the best...

User Info Menu

Our Ava is a rescue dog. Our local Humane Society has a reputation of finding homes for 100% of their adoptable animals.

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

We lost the lighter colored one last April. She made it to 15.

User Info Menu

Here's a few pics of our "pack". I'll round up some pics of the other dogs and post them later.

This is our first dog, Kadoe. We rescued him at 6mo.. He's now 14yrs.. He's a Husky-Shepherd mix.

This is Zulu, our second dog. We rescued him at 2yrs, and now he's 12yrs. He's a Chow-Shepherd mix. The small cat beside him is Jack, a stray we adopted about 10yrs ago. Zulu is 76lbs.....to give you an idea of how big the cat is.

This is Husgrrr, our "problem child". Hes a Husky-Lab mix. We rescued him about 4yrs ago when he was 6mo. old. He had SERIOUS issues with resource guarding and unpredictable dog-to-dog aggression. He bit my wife 3 times and broke her nose twice (head butt) in the first year. After extensive behavior mod training and appropriate doses of 2 different medications, he's become a wonderful dog. We still watch him very close, but we've become very astute at "reading" his behavior and managing him. Lying next to him is Cora, our Yorkie-Poo. More on her later.
    -Brian

User Info Menu

Here are our two. As you can see, they don't exactly lead a high stress life...

Trixie is the Rat Terrior. Piper is the Chihuahua and is a rescue pup.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

User Info Menu

This is my Lab/Golden mix Manny. He'll be 8 in 2 weeks. He's insane but a good dog. Still thinks he's a puppy.

Manny loves the water. I take him on a 3 day canoe trip every year.

And of course the beach: