Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: for all zildjain cymbal owners!

User Info Menu

Default for all zildjain cymbal owners!

can you guys do me a sorta big favor.. can you tell me if the sound clips off the zildjian website are correct to what the actual cymbal/hi-hat or ride sounds like?

User Info Menu

Default Welll

I would say they are in the ball park. Most cymbals sound different live and some of the same type even sound different from one to the next.
    E Drums !! !

There are no loud instruments just loud players !

Protect Your Hearing !!!!

User Info Menu

thanks for checkin man. as long as there in the same ball park:P, i own AAX hats, and they dont sound exactly similar to the website samples, but close. i was wondering if zildjian was the same deal. one more question, if you take a look at the AAX 14" stage hats on the sabaian website, can you tell if those are kinda bright sounding compaired to zildjian?

User Info Menu

there pritty darn close a little off but close.
    play till the day i die. it makes more sense that way.

"You should set up your drums around the toilet. You know you must use it everyday and lets be realistic, nothing better is going on when your sitting on there. Why not take care of business and play the drums." silver dragon sound

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lafirin View Post
    can you guys do me a sorta big favor.. can you tell me if the sound clips off the zildjian website are correct to what the actual cymbal/hi-hat or ride sounds like?
    Yes they are just about dead on, Zildjian would not put them up if they did not sound like the real cymbals, what you hear, is what they sound like.

User Info Menu

Lafirin, I think you can use the websites to give you the general feel for the different cymbals, but if you want to make sure of your sound, check the cymbal that you want to buy with your own sticks, and take your current cymbals with you so that you can see how they sound together. Not only will you be getting the sounds that you want, but you will impress the sales staff because you know what you're doing!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

well you guys are probably gonna beat me up for this but.. i listen to the A custom and k custom and alot of other lizjian rides, / hi-hat and crash's and i just dont like the sound.. i always hear such good things about them, is this normal? lol. cuz i dont know anyone who doesnt like the sound but me

User Info Menu

i think that they sounded darn close.

User Info Menu

well you guys are probably gonna beat me up for this but.. i listen to the A custom and k custom and alot of other lizjian rides, / hi-hat and crash's and i just dont like the sound.. i always hear such good things about them, is this normal? lol. cuz i dont know anyone who doesnt like the sound but me
    Thats what my cymbals are and you like those, wierd man, its all good though.

User Info Menu

hey PD, i dunno if this will be to much trouble but could you mabye hit your Ride cymbal and your ziljdian cymbals and hit your hi hat closeed, and then hit it opened, and send me the clip? :S because iv meaning to ask you that lol.

User Info Menu

Hey Lafirin, don't ever worry if you find that Zildjians just aren't the sound for you. Somebody's got to keep the other companies in business!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

User Info Menu

true hehe. it just seems odd..

User Info Menu

hey PD, i dunno if this will be to much trouble but could you mabye hit your Ride cymbal and your ziljdian cymbals and hit your hi hat closeed, and then hit it opened, and send me the clip? :S because iv meaning to ask you that lol.
    Hey Laf, does any of my videos work for you, my solos I play pretty much all of my cymbals, you might check that out, but if not let me know and I will record my cymbals for you, and send it to ya.

Later man.

But not everybody likes Zildjian cymbals, thats why there is Sabian, Paiste, Meinl, UFIP and a ton more, but I absolutely love my cymbals, and I totally stand behind Zildjian, they have been around almost 400 years, thats got to say something about there quality.

anyway man let me know.

User Info Menu

laf is everyone liked the sound of one certain cymbal then there would be no great drummers because everyone of them would have the exact same sound.

"You should set up your drums around the toilet. You know you must use it everyday and lets be realistic, nothing better is going on when your sitting on there. Why not take care of business and play the drums." silver dragon sound

User Info Menu

I like the way you think, DD!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    I like the way you think, DD!
    well to be honest pb i try not to. everybody makes more sense that way.

User Info Menu

Lol You are a funny guy, DD!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    Lol You are a funny guy, DD!
    if you think thats funny your gonna love this.

what do you call a zebra with no stripes?
    a horse.
    and thanks pb

User Info Menu

okay, ill check it out. thanks again guys

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummerdavie View Post
    if you think thats funny your gonna love this.

what do you call a zebra with no stripes?
    a horse.
    and thanks pb
    LOL, im gonna use that.
    jimbolimbo99 Mapex Mafia

Mapex M Birch
    Sabian AA and Paragons
    Zildjian A's
    Meinl Generation X
    Dream Lion
    Trick Pro-1V

My band

My Kit

User Info Menu

okay i just matched the K custom on the zildjian website to kevins on his site, and they sound completly different. heck, i like his way better then i like mine. well this is a delema isnt it? lol

User Info Menu

hey PD. i cant find ur cymbal solos... its gone or something

User Info Menu

hey PD. i cant find ur cymbal solos... its gone or something
    Yea I deleted it, just listen to one of my other solos things, maybe this one.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ilst_JV41mc

User Info Menu

okay PD. I might be making "MIGHT" \be making a choice between my sabains and some new zildjians. so could you do me a huge huge favor and hit your

1-6” A Custom Splash,

1-8" A Custom Splash,

1-10" A Custom Splash,

hit the ride and bell of your 1-20" K Custom Ride,

1-18" A Custom Medium Thin Crash,

1-17"A Custom Fast crash(new)

1-16" A Custom Projection Crash

and can you hit your Set of 14" New Beat Hats with them opened and then closed

dude if you could record you hitting all those like i said, that would be more then awsome. i hate to put you though all this trouble but im really stressin over this one. i payed alot of money for my sabains. and i wanna make sure I got what I payed for. Since i found the zildjain website was a bit misleading, i need to hear "your" cymbals when you record em, and really find the true sound. and can you tell me one more thing, when you record your cymbals, thats what they REALLY sound like in real life right?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by exit67sdrummer View Post
    i think that they sounded darn close.
    Hey there, Exit67drummer!! Welcome to Drum Chat! Always good to have a new "voice" in here!