Thread: How to record VST midi to multiple wave files

scottyp is offline Senior Member (Respected Chatter)

User Info Menu

Default How to record VST midi to multiple wave files

I keep seeing people asking this on line. And there is no easy tutorial on it so I made one.. It is an easy process and takes about 3 steps. I like to turn my midi drums in to WAV files after I'm done editing in the program to take some of the load off of my cpu or to send them to get mixed for my band by a pro. this is the easiest way i have found

Last edited by scottyp; 03-30-2014 at 11:08 AM.

User Info Menu

Default Re: How to record VST midi to multiple wave files

I literally spent about 6 hours today trying to get this down...I wish I'd taken a look on here first!

In the end I used a slightly different method to you, I recorded each separate track at the same time as I did the midi recording

Really great, clear & helpful tutorial you've made there. I'll definitely be giving that a try tomorrow when I'm recording, I think it might be better for my laptop to use your method and may help with latency a little if I'm recording just the midi track initially? Thanks for sharing the tutorial

scottyp is offline Senior Member (Respected Chatter)

User Info Menu

Default Re: How to record VST midi to multiple wave files

Ya. I try and do anything to keep the latency down. the post bounce down like this takes time after the fact as you have to do it in real time. but it works good. I ended up with a few extra tracks that were empty.