Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DW Collector's Kit - For Sale Feeler...

User Info Menu

Default DW Collector's Kit - For Sale...

Hey All,

I have a less than one year old DW Collector's Series Finish Ply (Broken Glass) kit, maple, 8x10 and 9x12" VLT rack toms with rings, 12x14" and 14x16" X floor toms with rings, and an 18x20" VLX Plus with rings kick. No snare.

Perfect condition. Relatively new Evans G2 clear batter heads and G1 reso heads on the toms, Evans EMAD on the kick batter. The ONLY reason I'm considering selling is to get another DW Collector's kit (cherry, lacquer finish, gold hardware, like Mick Fleetwood's cherry kit, same sizes). The limitation would be that I'd like to have the new one in hand before shipping this kit, so, you'd be delayed in getting this kit for however long it would take to build and ship the new one.

I really don't have a clue about price, but I'll certainly do some research, as I don't want to be unfair to you, OR to me. Wondering if anyone would be interested...
    Last edited by cabasner; 02-03-2015 at 09:56 PM.
    Now, just a tiny bit less than an absolute drum newbie
    DW Collectors Cherry kit, Ludwig Black Beauty Snare, DW SuperSolid Oak/Cherry Snare, DW Sabian Vault Edge Snare

User Info Menu

Default Re: DW Collector's Kit - For Sale Feeler...

Certainly you will get nibbles and bites.
    DW Collectors are clearly popular.

Even though I prefer the smaller lugs (like performance series), I would be interested if they were different sizes..........love the broken glass wrap..........beautiful.
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)

User Info Menu

Thanks, Ricardo. I'm sure that someone will give them a good home!
    DW Collectors Cherry kit, Ludwig Black Beauty Snare, DW SuperSolid Oak/Cherry Snare, DW Sabian Vault Edge Snare

User Info Menu

hmmmmm, Man if I did not have a big vacation planned for August I would be very interested. Longshot but If you still have em after the summer I would be interested. Thats a gorgeous kit. I was recently looking for a 20" kick set too and got a saturn but if I would sell that in a heartbeat to get that kit.
    Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

MDK: Well, if I can convince the wife to let me order/take delivery of my new kit, and then let the current kit go, you might be in luck. I'm guessing my potential new kit might take 3-6 months to get, which would put it right in your ballpark.

Of course, selling them THEN gives YOU some pretty good bargaining power with me, 'cause if we go that route, I'll NEED to sell them rather quickly...

A few pictures...remember, it's just the shells, not the hardware or cymbals or anything else! By the way, the 14" floor tom isn't in these shots. Also FYI, the 16" tom in these shots has the older tom legs holder. I've upgraded it to the most current 'non-hinged' version. I've found the Dixson Drum Lift to be a GREAT little accessory for the 20" kick drum. I might even throw that in for the right price, if someone happens to need one.

Last edited by cabasner; 04-07-2014 at 10:23 PM.

User Info Menu

A picture of the 14" and 16" floor toms, posing. Note the new style tom leg holders on the 14, which are now on the 16 as well. A pricey upgrade, but worth it for matching hardware.

User Info Menu

Wow, those are really nice...(sighs). How much are you asking?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by late8 View Post
    Finally, someone brave enough to ask the question!
    Stolen from EddieV:
    Boom, ching, boom boom ching, fuggadugga fuggadugga fuggadugga crash. Rinse, Repeat ad-nauseum.

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    Come on Mark. You steal copy. Just look at your signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Texdrumr View Post
    Nothing says 'tough' like a drummer with ducklings on his drums. Ha!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by late8 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Markadiddle View Post
    Finally, someone brave enough to ask the question!
    I'm not sure I want to know....................they are absolutely gorgeous though

User Info Menu

Mmmmmmm... $1950 ?

User Info Menu

Ugh. This is like, the EXACT kit that I want to get when I sell my C&Cs.
    Kits:
    -C&C Player Date 13/16/22
    -65' Ludwig Super Classic 13/16/22

Snares:
    -DW Nickel Over Brass 6.5x14 snare
    -Ludwig Black Galaxy Acrolite 5x14 snare
    -Ludwig 65' Super Classic 5x14 snare
    -Ludwig 64' Pioneer 5x14 snare
    -PDP Classic Wood hoop 6x14 snare

Rides:
    -Zildjian 22" Constantinople
    -Zildjian 22" Kerope
    -Zildjian 20" Constantinople
    Hats:
    -17" A Medium crash over K custom dark crash

-DW 9000 pedals

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by isaacvining View Post
    Ugh. This is like, the EXACT kit that I want to get when I sell my C&Cs.
    Well? It actually is a spectacular kit, and, as I wrote in the first post, the only reason for the potential sale is to get another specific DW kit. Why I even want to do that, I have no idea. Maybe just because I can?

I'm not an experienced drummer, but I know what sounds good to me, and these do! When they are tuned to, or close to, the identified shell 'note', they pretty much sing.
    Last edited by cabasner; 04-09-2014 at 10:22 PM.

User Info Menu

Those are very pretty drums. Wish I had room and $2000.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    Those are very pretty drums. Wish I had room and $2000.
    me too.............the better half would kill me

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cabasner View Post
    Mmmmmmm... $1950 ?
    Sweet deal!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by longgun View Post
    me too.............the better half would kill me
    Yeah, well I haven't broached the subject of selling these for another kit with MY better half yet. So, whoever may want to buy these may have a smoking corpse as a seller!

User Info Menu

I have the same kit in the same finish, except that I have a 22" bass drum. (I later added an 8", a 13" and three different matching snare drums...)

I love my kit, and that is a great price!
    -Mike

"We don't stop playing because we grow old.
    We grow old because we stop playing."

"I wish that my playing reminded people of Steve Gadd. But they seem to confuse me with his little known cousin... E."

"Snare drums happen."

User Info Menu

Hey Mike,

Thanks for the 'reinforcement' on my kit, though I don't think anyone would question a DW Collector's kit in any way. The original kit did not include the 14" tom, but I wanted to have a complete 10-16 set of toms, and DW matched the 14 with the proper timbre note; they keep records of every kit they make, so they knew how to 'fill in' the correct 14". I love the kit, too, and while I hadn't been sure about the 20" kick before I got it, turns out I had nothing to be concerned about!

User Info Menu

Hello All,

An update on this 'for sale' thread. I am 98% sure I am going to place an order for the new DW kit I had written about earlier in this thread. I have a firm offer in trade from the dealer where I plan to order the new kit, so my urgency is less than otherwise would be. However, if I can better the trade-in offer by enough to make it worth while, I'll be happier to sell it to a fellow DrumChatter.

I would still like to get $2000 for the kit (the 5 drum shells, 4 toms, and 1 bass), plus shipping to be covered by the buyer (method/shipper negotiable). The situation is the same as before, in that I want to hold onto the kit until the new one arrives, which my dealer tells me is about 3 months from the date of order. There is one advantage to waiting until the new kit arrives, and that is I could ship this kit in genuine DW boxes. I didn't keep the boxes when I got the current kit, and I'm sure that DW does and will ship in double boxes.

That's the story. About $2K, plus shipping, and wait until the new kit arrives to get 'em. As I've also noted, the kit is as perfect as it can be, never out of the house since I got them (other than when we moved about 10 miles to a new place, and the drums were moved by me, personally), so absolutely perfect condition, except for a little dust I have been using a Dixson drum lift for most of time I've owned the kit, so even 'pedal clamp wear' is very limited.

I have Evans Black Chrome heads on all the toms, and on the bass, Evans EMAD2 clear batter and EMAD black reso heads. I have the original DW heads for all the drums if you would prefer those.

As I wrote above, I am not 100% sure that I'm going to go with the new kit, but will make up my mind for sure by the first week in January.

Oh, one other little bit of info...the kit was from the 'transition' period where DW was using True Hoops on their tom toms, but before the 'True Hoop' logo was engraved on the rims; all but the 14" tom do not have the logo. Since I got the 14" tom later, that one DOES have the engraved logo. Also, the 16 floor tom had the older style 'hinged' leg clamps, which I changed to the new 'tube' style, so both floor toms now look the same in that respect. The rack tom clamps are still the hinge style. I just didn't have the interest in disassembling the mounting hardware to change those out, but you certainly could.
    Last edited by cabasner; 12-21-2014 at 11:15 AM.

User Info Menu

Gorgeous kit. Wish I had the money. Good luck!

Tex

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Texdrumr View Post
    Gorgeous kit. Wish I had the money. Good luck!

Tex
    +1+1+1....ahhhhhhhhhhhhh
    Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

Thanks, guys

It really would be cool to see it with someone from here...but we will see!

User Info Menu

Forget shipping. I would drive from anywhere in the lower 48 to pick them up in person. A nice weekend in Vegas to boot! LOL

all the best...

User Info Menu

Wow, you guys are really into DW!

User Info Menu

Okay all,

What about $1750? Plus shipping (or you can come to Vegas and pick 'em up!)