Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anybody with a stent?

User Info Menu

Default Re: Anybody with a stent?

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderjig View Post
    Good thing you had this caught ahead of time, I'm sure everything is going to be Ok.

They actually knew about this in 2008, but was treated with meds.
    I always knew that something was coming down the road, and this is it.

User Info Menu

Now you won't need the meds I hope. Never likes meds unless really necessary. Some do more damage than good.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    Thanks Butch. We have reservations at a hotel and are going to make a week out of it. We can bring Frosty and they have a shuttle to the hospital. That will make things easier for me.
    No worries, good luck brother...............we're praying for you

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    Now you won't need the meds I hope. Never likes meds unless really necessary. Some do more damage than good.
    Gilles, I'll probably be on some meds for the rest of my life.

C'est la vie

Quote Originally Posted by longgun View Post
    No worries, good luck brother...............we're praying for you
    Thanks Butch. The way I lived my life, I can probably use all the prayers I can get.

User Info Menu

Rick, is that you? You still here? Cool.

Okay we got past that one. Now, on to next Tuesday. Let's put our heads down and charge forward. You be sure to be here before you get admitted so we wish you well right before you have to go.

Take your laptop so you can messages us when you get back to your room.

One more week and this will all be history.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    Rick, is that you? You still here? Cool.

Okay we got past that one. Now, on to next Tuesday. Let's put our heads down and charge forward. You be sure to be here before you get admitted so we wish you well right before you have to go.

Take your laptop so you can messages us when you get back to your room.

One more week and this will all be history.

I'm taking my laptop, I just have to remember what name and password I used.

I have to check it out and see if I can sign in on it.

User Info Menu

Jumping in late...Rick, if anybody can handle this procedure its you. For some reason I see you waking up midway and telling the doc there is a better way to do it.....
    Good luck, and I'll keep you in my prayers.
    "Well-behaved women rarely make history."
    -Laurel Thatcher Ulrich, 1976

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSky View Post
    Jumping in late...Rick, if anybody can handle this procedure its you. For some reason I see you waking up midway and telling the doc there is a better way to do it.....
    Good luck, and I'll keep you in my prayers.

Erin, I do know a better way to do it.

Just replace the artery with PVC. If it can handle Draino, I'm sure it can handle some plaque.

Thanks for the thoughts.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    "IMHO there is no such thing as a routine procedure."

Thanks ITPP, that was a real picker-upper.
    You're right. Anything can happen. But, the technology has come so far in the last few years that, baring complications, you should be fine. At any rate, good luck and keep us posted.

User Info Menu

HI DC I'm glad to be here and read about what everyone is doing and buying .

i wasn't too sure i wanted to share this i haven't been wanting to talk about it much with anyone, been feeling depressed and don't like the feeling of feeling sorry for myself. Anyway this is it.

On Nov 2nd I had a heart attack. I felt normal that morning after working out of all things but coming out of the shower later on in the day the pain hit. A pain I never felt before. I thought at first that it would go away but it didn't. After about 10 min (because i'm an idiot and didn't want to call) my girlfriend called 911 and the FD arrived very fast. Their station is less that a mile away.

In the ER there seemed to be 20 people all around me, i remember a lot of talking and everyone moving around quickly and from there wheeled me into the OR. I never felt completely knocked out, I remember a female voice loudly telling me I'm having a heart attack. The last thing I really remember is them doing something to my right wrist. That is where they went in to install a stent. The next thing when I felt more awake was a nurse showing me computer images of where the 100% blockage was. She said I had a widow maker.

After 2 days in the hospital I came back home with all these medications. I have so many medications right now, I feel like a pill junkie. I think a couple are temporary though.

I'm feeling good now. Other than needing to change the lifestyle I've been living for the last 30 of my 50 years everything is the same. Eat better, exercise more, stop smoking, don't stress and take the medication. Sure that sounds easy enough .

As far as the drumming goes the guys in the band have been real supportive. Visited me in the ICU and checking on my progress. Norman a friend of the band is filling in for Dec 3rd, he also filled in for me Nov 5th right after it all went down. He is a good drummer only having 2 1/2 days to learn the songs. Hopefully I'll be able to play Dec 30th the bands last gig for 2016.

Well that's it kind of short and bittersweet but somehow maybe it will help me telling the tale.. Everybody have a good day , take care, and take of your health
    Last edited by slinky; 11-30-2016 at 09:59 AM.
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

About two years ago my dad had to get a stint and it took a few months to recover from it and it was hard at first, but he not missing a step.. It did him a lot of good.Main thing is he changed his lifestyle and does a lot of walking on the treadmill.
    But two months ago my best friend had to get an emergency triple bypass and this rocked his world. He's in recovery now and he can barely move his arms,About a 10 inch long incision down the middle of his chest. Cost him a small fortune too.

User Info Menu

All the best to you Slinky. the people that I know who have had a procedure similar to yours all feel better now than they have in years...you'll be the same!!! You're a drummer after all! My mother in law tells me as an exercise in the place she's living at, they have "Drum Fit" classes, drumming on furniture, just like how I started!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by slinky View Post

i wasn't too sure i wanted to share this i haven't been wanting to talk about it much with anyone, been feeling depressed and don't like the feeling of feeling sorry for myself. Anyway this is it.

On Nov 2nd I had a heart attack. I felt normal that morning after working out of all things but coming out of the shower later on in the day the pain hit. A pain I never felt before. I thought at first that it would go away but it didn't. After about 10 min (because i'm an idiot and didn't want to call) my girlfriend called 911 and the FD arrived very fast. Their station is less that a mile away.

In the ER there seemed to be 20 people all around me, i remember a lot of talking and everyone moving around quickly and from there wheeled me into the OR. I never felt completely knocked out, I remember a female voice loudly telling me I'm having a heart attack. The last thing I really remember is them doing something to my right wrist. That is where they went in to install a stent. The next thing when I felt more awake was a nurse showing me computer images of where the 100% blockage was. She said I had a widow maker.

After 2 days in the hospital I came back home with all these medications. I have so many medications right now, I feel like a pill junkie. I think a couple are temporary though.

I'm feeling good now. Other than needing to change the lifestyle I've been living for the last 30 of my 50 years everything is the same. Eat better, exercise more, stop smoking, don't stress and take the medication. Sure that sounds easy enough .

As far as the drumming goes the guys in the band have been real supportive. Visited me in the ICU and checking on my progress. Norman a friend of the band is filling in for Dec 3rd, he also filled in for me Nov 5th right after it all went down. He is a good drummer only having 2 1/2 days to learn the songs. Hopefully I'll be able to play Dec 30th the bands last gig for 2016.

Well that's it kind of short and bittersweet but somehow maybe it will help me telling the tale.. Everybody have a good day , take care, and take of your health
    I'm glad that you are doing better, that's scary stuff.
    -Mike

"We don't stop playing because we grow old.
    We grow old because we stop playing."

"I wish that my playing reminded people of Steve Gadd. But they seem to confuse me with his little known cousin... E."

"Snare drums happen."

User Info Menu

Thanks for sharing, Slinky.

Wishing you a full recovery that is short and sweet.

I hope we all think of this with our possibly questionable life style habits that we all know should be changed. Especially before it's too late.

My wake up call was 3 years ago....
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Feel better man!
    And change that lifestyle

User Info Menu

Thank you guys, went back yesterday for another ECG and it's looking good.

After sitting around analyzing all this I came to the conclusion that it was a combination of things of course but STRESS being the number one contributor. there's truth to the saying "stress the silent killer".

I'm going to have to figure out the causes.
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by slinky View Post

Just saw this. Wow. Glad you made it. Scary stuff. It's amazing how stuff that you do everyday without really thinking about it when you're young, comes back to bite you. You're still young and can change the things you talked about. The toughest one is stress. Good luck. Get well.

User Info Menu

thank you ITPP!
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN