Drum Domains

Thread: Drum lug hole spacing.

User Info Menu

Default Drum lug hole spacing.

Is there a standard spacing for the bolt holes for lugs? I have a bare shell with holes for lugs 2" apart. Will it be difficult to find lugs to fit it?

User Info Menu

Default Re: Drum lug hole spacing.

There really is no "standard" spacing. Different manufacturers use different spacing, but there are several common spacings. Do a Google search for "drum building parts" and check out the major on-line drum builder supply places. Most of them show the bolt spacings available. You should be able to find something for 2".
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

worst case scenario you will be able to find tube lugs for 2" spacing. But each is different. I think DW's hole spacing is 1 3/8" for example.

The only two constants I have are DW and Zildjian.

User Info Menu

There's no standard spacing, but you shouldn't have any trouble finding double ended or single ended lugs to fit that spacing.
    Mmm... Saturns.

User Info Menu

google drum lugs and there's a place that has every single kind you can think of. At least it seems they do.
    RED DIRT MOUNTAIN
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian REGAL TiP

User Info Menu

Find lugs first before you do anything. I wouldn't drill anything until you have all your lugs

User Info Menu

What kind of drum---snare, tom, bass? Drum Factory Direct has many choices!

User Info Menu

On the lite side, you already have one of the holes for each lug, just need to measure for the other.
    SONOR 6 pc Special Edition 3007's red maple, old Pearl Brass 14x6 FF snare, Yamaha Tour Custom maple 8 pc., Tama 4 pc., honey amber B/B, Ludwig Supralite chrome 14x6.5 steel snare, Paiste, Saluda & Zildjian
    Loaned out Slingerland upgraded 4 pc 1963 black, wrapped maple + 14" Pearl birch FT
    The Almighty Speed King pedal, Speed Cobra, Sonor Single

http://www.screaminmelinas.com
    http://www.facebook.com/DerailedRockers/

User Info Menu

Thanks, all. I found used lugs and they are being shipped. I have an old Sound Percussion shell and rims and, while I know it is not top quality and I really don't kneed another snare (I'm up to six now) I think I'll make a timbale out of it. Thanks for all the advice.