Thread: drumless tracks

User Info Menu

Default drumless tracks

hey, I am curious to know if there are any good rhythm guitar only tracks out there to play my E drums to? just simple 4/4 stock rock stuff. I can find drumless popular songs like Blink 182 or The killers tracks...

But I was looking for more simple, good flowing groove tracks..

any help please and thanks?

User Info Menu

Default Re: drumless tracks

Not sure if anything professional exists, but I am always looking for the same thing. A few minutes on youtube searching acoustic versions of whatever song you are looking for might get you there.

Tex

User Info Menu

Oh, one more thing...usually what you find on youtube isn't the best quality nor is the tempo consistent. Awesome practice in my opinion. Keeps you on your toes.

User Info Menu

thanks..

whats interesting about drumless real tracks is this..

I was playing along to 'Smells like teen spirit' which I ripped from Youtube. During the verse, its very tough to keep in time with the guitars even though its a very very simple rock beat. its because they are keeping in time in the studio with a metro and I am not. Live playing with the band is different because everyone is an adjusting live 'organism'.

I just would love a upbeat funky groovy rock track of high quality to jam with and insert funky fills etc

User Info Menu

Found this:

RockBand/GuitarHero video games have drumless tracks. The process is simple:

• Plug the audio output of your console to the line in of your computer (or any other recording device) and start the game as a drummer in “no fail mode” or “practice mode” just so that the song won’t stop playing even if you miss notes.
    • Start the recording. Launch the song in the game. DO NOT PLAY, do not hit a single note, just let the song play itself out. That’s it, you get the guitar, the bass, the singer, every other instrument but the drums.
    • In Rock band, select a song and then, during the song, hit start and enter the Options Menu. Enable the no fail mode and restart the song.
    • In Guitar Hero, head over to the practice room, select the entire song at full speed.
    • Either method will work with most of the games; Rock Band 2, Rock Band 3 and Rock Band the Beatles as well as Guitar Hero World Tour and Guitar Hero Metallica

User Info Menu

Search the web on Jammit. Cool app for exactly what your looking for
    DW Collectors
    Vintage Superstars
    Roland TD-20
    Misc. Snares
    My Web Site

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by late8 View Post
    Found this:

• Plug the audio output of your console to the line in of your computer (or any other recording device) and start the game as a drummer in “no fail mode” or “practice mode” just so that the song won’t stop playing even if you miss notes.
    • Start the recording. Launch the song in the game. DO NOT PLAY, do not hit a single note, just let the song play itself out. That’s it, you get the guitar, the bass, the singer, every other instrument but the drums.
    • In Rock band, select a song and then, during the song, hit start and enter the Options Menu. Enable the no fail mode and restart the song.
    • In Guitar Hero, head over to the practice room, select the entire song at full speed.
    • Either method will work with most of the games; Rock Band 2, Rock Band 3 and Rock Band the Beatles as well as Guitar Hero World Tour and Guitar Hero Metallica
    Yep, that's what I did. I have hundreds of drumless tracks from those games.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by late8 View Post
    Found this:

Hmmmm I may have to buy these this just for this purpose. Do you need to have any of the drums that come with the game plugged in to go into drum mode? Just wondering if I can buy the game without the guitar or drums that they sell seperately?
    Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MDK View Post
    Hmmmm I may have to buy these this just for this purpose. Do you need to have any of the drums that come with the game plugged in to go into drum mode? Just wondering if I can buy the game without the guitar or drums that they sell seperately?
    Watch this:

Used for this tutorial:

-Cakewalk Sonar X1
    -E-MU0202 USB Audio Interface
    -2 RCA male to T/S 1/4" (6.5mm) male cables
    -Sony Playstation 3
    -Rock Band 3 w/Drum Kit/Drum Brain

Set up:

-PS3 to TV via HDMI
    -TV RCA audio out to E-MU via RCA to T/S cables
    -E-MU to PC via USB

Additionally, you can use RCA to stereo 1/8 TRS (3.5mm) cable to connect RCA's to the PC's LINE-IN.

User Info Menu

It's not a perfect solution, but there are some websites that sell karaoke versions of popular songs that you can buy as stems, so you can load the individual instrument tracks into a DAW and then remove, edit, or mix it however you want. The problem with karaoke tracks, however, is sometimes they don't sound quite like the actual songs. Particulary the lead vocal tracks, since those are generally just put in as placeholders and the voice of the singer often is nowhere near the actual singer's voice.
    "Guys, if you wanted Superman for this gig, you should have hired Superman. Instead, you got Batman." - Donny Gruendler

"You always think you have more problems than you actually have." - Dave Elitch

Instagram: @bringerofthud
    Twitter:@davetilove