Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Avedis

User Info Menu

Default Avedis

are these called A Zildjian? i dont see em on the website

User Info Menu

yes
    play till the day i die. it makes more sense that way.

"You should set up your drums around the toilet. You know you must use it everyday and lets be realistic, nothing better is going on when your sitting on there. Why not take care of business and play the drums." silver dragon sound

User Info Menu

thanks for that short answer :D. so Avedis is also A cust too? or just A zild?

User Info Menu

no the a costoms are different less traditional brighter if im not mistaken, but i know for a fact advias, and a costom are different

"You should set up your drums around the toilet. You know you must use it everyday and lets be realistic, nothing better is going on when your sitting on there. Why not take care of business and play the drums." silver dragon sound

User Info Menu

okay thanks alot man.

User Info Menu

whats more "top of the line" A Zildj or A cust

User Info Menu

well there both top of the line lines but i would have to say a costom

User Info Menu

Lafirin, they're both cast cymbals, so "top of the line." From there you just have to figure out what sound you like best. The best way is to narrow it down on the websites, and then get to the music store and put your stick on them. I was surprised that I like the A Customs. I especially like the A Custom 18" fast crash. But that doesn't mean that I will stock up on all A Customs. Right now, I'm thinking that I like a drier ride sound, and I even heard a Sabian cymbal that I liked.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    I even heard a Sabian cymbal that I likeed.
    Even? How do you mean?

User Info Menu

I put a stick to one at a local music store.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    I put a stick to one at a local music store.
    But i mean "even". Why "even" a sabian cymbal?

User Info Menu

I said "even" because I had said that I like the Zildjian A Customs. Even though I made that statement, I like a cymbal in the Sabian line, too. It's a matter of putting together the various sounds that you like. I certainly wasn't meaning to dis the Sabian cymbals!

User Info Menu

thanks for that PB. my music teacher actually told me today that if i wanted to refund those AAX cynmbals i got a month ago, i could go into the next town, (30 min drive) and take em in and its only 10% comission. And this time when i go and buy a cymbal. im gonna test em out, personal. I like your your not partial to any cymbal tho. thats cool.

User Info Menu

lafirin, it seems like your in a dilemma to get the right cymbal. take a couple hours to go somewhere and listen to just every cymbal that you might be interested in to get whatever sound you want out of it. all our suggestions can guide you, but it really comes down to you getting the one that you want. as you said earlier, you didnt really like the a customs, and so many people on here do, so how do you know if you will like any other cymbal they suggest?

User Info Menu

thats true coke_can, i should of spent more time on this..

User Info Menu

Lafirin, take your sticks, a pad of paper, and a friend. Test all the cymbals at the store, and right down the names of the ones that you like. Then you go stand away from the cymbals, and have your friend strike the ones that you liked. That way you can here what the audience would hear.

User Info Menu

exalant idea PB.. only problem is that the nearist place with a building that was TONS of cymbals is 2 hours drive away.

User Info Menu

i wonder what kind of compines they would sell? sabain, zildjian.. pasite? meinl?

User Info Menu

Give them a jingle on the tele! If it's a good selection, it might just be worth the drive. It might settle stuff in your head! Have your dad be your "friend" and make it a Male Bonding Day! Dads like that kind of thing!

User Info Menu

thats a good idea PB. I was gonan call today actually. Also, i get my lisence in 3 months.. so i could drive down there soon. that will give me enough time to think of what cymbals I want.

User Info Menu

Cool! Just don't forget your dad! I might seem like a small thing to you, but it's big to dads.

User Info Menu

Okay, i wont thanks pB

User Info Menu

nice! i called up 2 music stores in Nanaimo(2 hour drive) and both sell zildjian and sabian, and one sells lots of pasite!, too! i was surpised because pasite is europian and all...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lafirin View Post
    nice! i called up 2 music stores in Nanaimo(2 hour drive) and both sell zildjian and sabian, and one sells lots of pasite!, too! i was surpised because pasite is europian and all...
    Zildjan is asian. Your point is?

User Info Menu

it always seems to me that your biting back at somebody.. but it might me just be. you probably could word your questions making them a bit less serious. and to answer your question, i just dont see many pasite's around music stores thats all.