Thread: hey pastor BoB

User Info Menu

Default hey pastor BoB

where u the 1 who was gonna get the pinestrip?

User Info Menu

Couldn't you have just sent this to him as a PM? Only really concerns you and him dunnit?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by vinnysimmo View Post
    Couldn't you have just sent this to him as a PM? Only really concerns you and him dunnit?
    Nah, PB deserves his own thread.......

So while I'm here, PB, you're the greatest. I appreciate you and everything you do with regards to this forum. Your enthusiasm and advice is always valued, your sense of humor and honesty are unmatched.....You're a great man and I hope to someday visit you and your church in TN

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drum_chick View Post
    Nah, PB deserves his own thread.......

So while I'm here, PB, you're the greatest. I appreciate you and everything you do with regards to this forum. Your enthusiasm and advice is always valued, your sense of humor and honesty are unmatched.....You're a great man and I hope to someday visit you and your church in TN

umm... YEAH. what she said! only... I probably won't come all the way to TN... unless dc wants to pick me up... she would have to drive close to here to get there... um... ok bye.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kryshah View Post
    umm... YEAH. what she said! only... I probably won't come all the way to TN... unless dc wants to pick me up... she would have to drive close to here to get there... um... ok bye.
    My husband and I travel a lot, we may end up in TN some day, that's all I was saying.... Sheesh, I'm not a stalker or anything

User Info Menu

great add on to the thread DC

User Info Menu

My husband and I travel a lot, we may end up in TN some day, that's all I was saying.... Sheesh, I'm not a stalker or anything
    oh... well, if you ever do want to stalk PB, let me know... I'm in.

User Info Menu

Sheesh, I'm not a stalker or anything
    Yes she is!

User Info Menu

LOL!!!! You guys are too much!!!

Lafirin, at one time, I thought I wanted Remo pinstripes on my toms, but since I got the Gretsch kit with single ply heads, and I really like the sound that I'm getting, I'm thinking about going with Remo Ambassadors - coated. I like the overtones on my toms, and the coating on the Ambassadors should control the overtones just a touch. I think that's the sound I like at the moment.

The thing is that the heads we use will undoubtedly change with the style of music that we are playing. The Remo Ambassadors, or Evans G1, I would think would be great for a Jazz, Latin, or Fusion style. But if I'm looking for that Classic Rock sound, I'd have to go with a Remo Pinstripe, or an Evans EC2.

What style do you like to play, Lafirin? That will help you decide which heads you need.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

I like rock, alternative, pop rock, some old stuff too. I just was thinking.. cuz I love the pine strips on the drums i use at lessons, so I was thinking mabye those will be next after my EC2's i have now. I think I like the little high pitched sound better.. is pine strip more high pitched the EC2? i dont even know lol.

User Info Menu

I can't really say on that one. I think that's one for Drummer, or Funky, Stix 518, or any of the other more experienced guys around here (we've had several new ones join recently).

I wouldn't think there would be much of a difference between the heads. It might be a matter of the tuning, so I would suggest that you talk to your teacher about that, since you like the sound.

I'm sure the others will clear this up for you.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    Yes she is!

User Info Menu

I've used both pinstripes and EC2's on my toms and found that the EC2's produce a better tone (in my opinion, of course). I think the pinstripe's are a little heavier and don't have the mid and high range that the EC2's do. I'm using EC2's right now on my all birch Sonor kit, and they sound great.