Thread: Thoughts of DC

User Info Menu

Default Thoughts of DC

Thoughts of DC means what it says the second part need not apply. What The picture says is we have them others we don't need
    Last edited by not him; 05-09-2014 at 10:59 AM.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Thoughts of DC

FWIW, I think that this is the least critical site that I get on and encouragement seems to be plentiful.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by inthpktplayer View Post
    FWIW, I think that this is the least critical site that I get on and encouragement seems to be plentiful.
    That's the whole point

User Info Menu

I think you have it backwards, actually. I believe this site is heavy on the side of members being encouraging rather than being critical by a huge margin.
    Custom Classic Pro Maple 6
    8",10",12",13" Mounted Toms
    (2)14",16" Floor Toms
    22" x 18" Kick
    6",8",10" Roto Toms
    14" x 6.5" Mapex Black Panther Snare
    13" x 3" Pearl Piccolo Snare
    Sabian: 13" Paragon Hats
    14" HH X Hats
    22" Paragon Ride
    (2) 16" Paragon Crashes
    20" Paragon Crash
    18" Paragon Crash
    20" Paragon Small Flange China
    19" Paragon China
    Wuhan:20"with gingles
    8",10" Splash
    Roc N Soc Lunar
    DW 8002B Pedals
    Tambourine
    Cowbell
    Sabian Squad

C C Militia

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wolvie56 View Post
    I think you have it backwards, actually. I believe this site is heavy on the side of members being encouraging rather than being critical by a huge margin.
    That is true, but sometimes I think we are so focused on being encouraging, that we forget to give CONSTRUCTIVE criticism, which can help a whole lot. If that's what the person is asking for, I think we should give it, as long as it will help him become a better drummer and person.
    Yamaha Stage Custom 6 pc
    Assorted Zildjian
    Gibraltar hardware
    Zildjian laminate sticks
    LOTS of snares
    AQUARIAN heads

User Info Menu

Unless you are a drum teacher, really helpful, constructive criticism is often difficult to phrase without sounding critical. Teachers are usually better at that and often know what the problem is and how to correct it or they don't have many students! So the rest of us may hold back on the advice except on equipment questions.
    There's the "practice, practice" advice that's pretty safe but, true, not how to practice.
    The other problem for us members is the lack of a video or sound file illustrating the poster's drumming question. And then the lack of a file illustrating the correction or technique adjustment(actually a teacher's job,IMHO).
    SONOR 6 pc Special Edition 3007's red maple, old Pearl Brass 14x6 FF snare, Yamaha Tour Custom maple 8 pc., Tama 4 pc., honey amber B/B, Ludwig Supralite chrome 14x6.5 steel snare, Paiste, Saluda & Zildjian
    Loaned out Slingerland upgraded 4 pc 1963 black, wrapped maple + 14" Pearl birch FT
    The Almighty Speed King pedal, Speed Cobra, Sonor Single

http://www.screaminmelinas.com
    http://www.facebook.com/DerailedRockers/

User Info Menu

I think there is a difference between being a critic and being mean. some other forums can actually contain some mean users on their sites. I have yet to see someone actually be rude, or mean to another person on this forum. Sure sometimes people can be critics here, but in the end we all just want to become better and help each other out. So whether people are more on the encouraging/nice side, or the stricter/critic side, all of the advice people give is helpful, and positive, and that's what I love about DC
    Happy Drumming!

IS15

User Info Menu

DC is pretty good.